PDA

View Full Version : another 9/11?

Spam-King
11-03-2004, 07:31 PM
I simply dont understand why any one would want to vote for Bush I mean its as if they were a sleep for the lat 5 years.

I say america deserves what its going to get.

as for the peeps who voted for kerry, I say go some where else.

today I found out how dumb some americans are.

spinningfreemanny
11-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Oh! Oh!, one more thing to say...

Your an Idiot.

I would not wish such on your country's innocent civilians.

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 07:36 PM
No they dont.

40% didnt even vote, thats apathy and laziness... they dont care about politics.

That leaves roughly 30% voted for each party... the majority of which voted for their party, not because of its politics or who the candidate was.

Further, the Death sentence should never be used for the Crime of stupidity.. 100% of the human race is guilty of this quite often... Common Sense is by no means Common.

EDIT:

Most of the world didnt consider Bush a Democratically Elected President.

The USA has now endorsed him... I can see this pushing Terrorist Recruitement through the roof (as if it wasnt higher than ever already)...

The risk of a huge Terrorist attack has now escalated accordingly.

Mr Bush will of course now use the Spin "See I told you we needed Security"... despite the fact that its his policies that have raised the Stakes and the Risk...

Busyman
11-03-2004, 07:42 PM
I simply dont understand why any one would want to vote for Bush I mean its as if they were a sleep for the lat 5 years.

Go fuck yourself!!!

We do not deserve another 9/11 you worthless POS motherfucker!!!!

Comic_Peddler
11-03-2004, 07:43 PM
....its as if they were a sleep for the lat 5 years.

Maybe I missed something in my government courses, but I am pretty sure presidential terms are only 4 years....

Rick Phlegm
11-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Go fuck yourself!!!

We do not deserve another 9/11 you worthless POS motherfucker!!!!
I heartily agree. To say that America deserves a terrorist atrocity because of a democratic vote is simply trolling.

DanB
11-03-2004, 07:49 PM
I don't agree but I think it will happen :(

Busyman
11-03-2004, 08:03 PM
I long for the day when I could knock Spam-King's bitch ass teeth out.

I'm reporting to close this bullshit thread.

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 08:06 PM
I long for the day when I could knock Spam-King's bitch ass teeth out.

I'm reporting to close this bullshit thread.

Why?

He has stated an opinion, and is being shot down in flames by everyone.

Look at it as him warning about the future in a rather undiplomatic a stupid way...

The fact that he wishes this... gives you, and every other American the right to want to get your hands on him. Good Luck in your search.

bigboab
11-03-2004, 08:09 PM
I don't agree but I think it will happen :(I sadly agree Dan. But this time it is going to be worse. they are taking too long to make their next move in the USA/UK. I heard one politician let slip during the election that this time it is going to be 'chemical or biological', his words.

I am afraid in these circumstances, I become an extremist myself. If they are going to hit innocent civilians then find their Achilles heel and hit them hard. That is what they are doing. Do it back, threefold. If it means killing the families of the suicide bombers etc, then let them know that is your intention and carry it out.

Despite what some people might want you to think. The 'shoot to kill' policy helped bring an end to the Northen Ireland mess.

@Spam King. Grow up.:(

Dr Spaulding
11-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Spam King = Hypo

Biggles
11-03-2004, 08:26 PM
That and sitting down at the table with Martin and Gerry.

The only long term solution is going to involve accommodations on both sides.

However, that is for the future - it took us 30 years to get to the table. I can't see Osama being too unhappy with the result. The lines are clear and unblurred without the inconvenience of UN and in particular other Arab troops on the ground in the ME.

I am not sure an attack on the US or the UK is uppermost in their minds at the moment (although they are creatures of opportunity and I am sure would without a second thought if they get the chance)

I had intended to let this thread drop to the bottom where it belongs, but it keeps rising to the top. :huh:

Busyman
11-03-2004, 08:26 PM
Why?

Look at it as him warning about the future in a rather undiplomatic a stupid way...

The fact that he wishes this... gives you, and every other American the right to want to get your hands on him. Good Luck in your search.
Topic title equates to:

I hope 3000+ more people die at the hands of terrorists.

If that opinion is fine by you, what can I say? :unsure:

Everyone knows the warnings.

As far as getting my hands on him..many hide behind their internet addresses and large bodies of water. I'm hip. :cool:

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Topic title equates to:

I hope 3000+ more people die at the hands of terrorists.

If that opinion is fine by you, what can I say? :unsure:

Everyone knows the warnings.

As far as getting my hands on him..many hide behind their internet addresses and large bodies of water. I'm hip. :cool:

I have to admit, i hadnt taken the title of the thread into account
:blushing:

Changed it.. now

My appologise busyman, your quite right on that account

Paul

Busyman
11-03-2004, 08:37 PM
I have to admit, i hadnt taken the title of the thread into account
:blushing:

Changed it.. now

My appologise busyman, your quite right on that account

Paul
Logical as always. ;)

butbut....does that mean my Callspamkingadumbdipshittalibanposbastardmotherfuckingdiarrhea Card has expired?
:unsure:

Busyman
11-03-2004, 08:38 PM

What is it that we Americans deserve Spam-King? :rolleyes:

Biggles
11-03-2004, 09:02 PM
What is it that we Americans deserve Spam-King? :rolleyes:

I think he was talking about the Latte years - so coffee I guess

vidcc
11-03-2004, 09:18 PM
What is it that we Americans deserve ? :rolleyes:not aimed at you busy even though i am quoting your question.

we deserve better than we are getting. We are a split nation and we have the reason for the split returned to office. This makes me think that the half that voted Bush actually want the country split. At least the last "god speaks to me" president knew how to bring people together, this man is on a religious crusade.... look at history to see what happens to crusades.

i genuinely feel that we are more at risk now than before because of Bush. I don't accept that we are safer because these terrorist are "scared"... they are ready to die...how do you frighten someone like that.

We have all this "security" in place to stop terrorists bringing their arms here...then this president allows an open market without background checks where they can buy them.

"We fight them there so we don't have to fight them here"...but AQ is not a "local" army that can be bogged down..they are a virtual army that can fight in both places. perhaps bush just used that little soundbite for election purposes, if this is the case he lied, if not and he believes it then he doesn't understand the nature of terrorism....either way we are more at risk.

Normal everday Americans do not deserve another attack, but we do need to wake up and smell the coffee. If we keep going around the world forcing them to conform to our ideals we shouldn't be supprised if the world turns round and bites us in the ass

j2k4
11-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Why?

Exactly right, and well-spotted, Rat.

No doubt he/she/it feels he/she/it is being censored, and has not the slightest idea he/she/it is merely enjoying the fruits of free speech.

How democratic of us to indulge him/her/it!

We should all rejoice in this exercise of freedom! :D

Busyman
11-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Exactly right, and well-spotted, Rat.

No doubt he/she/it feels he/she/it is being censored, and has not the slightest idea he/she/it is merely enjoying the fruits of free speech.

How democratic of us to indulge him/her/it!

We should all rejoice in this exercise of freedom! :D
Agreed..so as to my original question for motherfuc...I mean Spam-King (that everyone else wants to answer :dry: ),

What do you think we Americans deserve Spam-King?

@j2 - You obviously missed bitc., I mean Spam-King's topic title of the thread.

Wolfmight
11-03-2004, 11:29 PM
Obviously Bush Cheated. AGAIN!!!!
All we have now is Anarchy!! No matter how many guards are around Bush, We the People!! Can Take him out! Massive population count of the D.C. Citizen's... against a few hundred less than a thousand number of guards. People are the ones that control this country, People can take out a worthless leader. The population outnumbers the amount of prisons dramatically. Literally, everyone could take down everything and ruin this country, but we don't. We love the way things are, and we love ol man bush.....who chokes on his pretzels and dances naked whilst drunk. (both are very true). I want to leave America and goto Canada someday.

I always knew the country was too good to be true, now it's falling. Hah! So pathetic is hilarious!

Another 9/11? ... more like another "Hell on earth".
Dam bastard Bushs'... they spend all our tax money on crap like a dam war for oil that wont even last that long. It's like 2 professors playing chess, but one gets up and ejaculates on the enimies peices and laughs while walking away. Nah.. actually worse.

Biggles
11-03-2004, 11:45 PM
:unsure:

:helpsmili

sArA
11-03-2004, 11:49 PM
All we have now is Anarchy!! No matter how many guards are around Bush, We the People!! Can Take him out! Massive population count of the D.C. Citizen's... against a few hundred less than a thousand number of guards. People are the ones that control this country, People can take out a worthless leader. The population outnumbers the amount of prisons dramatically. Literally, everyone could take down everything and ruin this country, but we don't. We love the way things are, and we love ol man bush.....who chokes on his pretzels and dances naked whilst drunk. (both are very true). I want to leave America and goto Canada someday.

I always knew the country was too good to be true, now it's falling. Hah! So pathetic is hilarious!

Dam bastard Bushs'... they spend all our tax money on crap like a dam war for oil that wont even last that long. It's like 2 professors playing chess, but one gets up and ejaculates on the enimies peices and laughs while walking away. Nah.. actually worse.

Don't beat around the bush now will you?

Tell it as you see it...... :lol:

Comic_Peddler
11-04-2004, 12:00 AM

This message as been forwarded to the FBI so expect to hear from them soon.

Please refer to this: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=84104

Storm
11-04-2004, 12:57 AM
This message as been forwarded to the FBI so expect to hear from them soon.

Please refer to this: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=84104

im really hoping you're kidding........ you wouldnt be doing your duty or anything, just be a complete asshole (and dumb at that, since you should have forwarded it to the SS)

@ Wolfmight: shitload of C4+car@1600 Pennsylvania Avenue= alot of solved problem ;) (and alot of others created)

Comic_Peddler
11-04-2004, 01:30 AM
im really hoping you're kidding........ you wouldnt be doing your duty or anything, just be a complete asshole (and dumb at that, since you should have forwarded it to the SS)

Of course it was a joke, kinda like the whole telling a newbie the RIAA is about to knock on their door thing. :-P

Monkster
11-04-2004, 02:22 AM
I am in partial agreement with this spamking guy...Partial, cuz wishing death on 200 million is a little, shall we say, excessive?

However, the population of America who voted for Bush are stupid, and all Americans are responsible for their blindness.

The American economy is going down the toilet cuz of Bush...the dollar is falling, fast, thanks to u know who.

Many Iraqi civillians are dead or injured, over a thousand American soldiers are dead because of Bush's invansion of Iraq, which to the best of my knowledge, was for absolutely no reason, since there are no WMD's in iraq, and there is absolutely no connection between Alqueda and Suddam Hussein.

But i for one am glad bush is in power. For one, that means stronger CANADIAN economy and CANADIAN dollar which is going through the roof at the momment! :01:

cpt_azad
11-04-2004, 02:46 AM

you'd be welcome anyday in Canada, hell come live at my house till u can get a job :) . oh, and that professor chess thing, LMFAO :lol: that's class. yah, bush sux and he's probably gonna start another war. but from my POV, it's like this: bush will make America even more hated, and as we all know, empires don't last forever. so ya, thanks Bush for destroying america :01: (who knows, maybe it's a conspiracy theory, maybe we canadians set this whole thing up.....but i'll never tell :shifty: )

Storm
11-04-2004, 01:34 PM
I am in partial agreement with this spamking guy...Partial, cuz wishing death on 200 million is a little, shall we say, excessive?

However, the population of America who voted for Bush are stupid, and all Americans are responsible for their blindness.

The American economy is going down the toilet cuz of Bush...the dollar is falling, fast, thanks to u know who.

Many Iraqi civillians are dead or injured, over a thousand American soldiers are dead because of Bush's invansion of Iraq, which to the best of my knowledge, was for absolutely no reason, since there are no WMD's in iraq, and there is absolutely no connection between Alqueda and Suddam Hussein.

But i for one am glad bush is in power. For one, that means stronger CANADIAN economy and CANADIAN dollar which is going through the roof at the momment! :01:

i get what you mean, havin a war crazy fundamental christian as a president is not a good idea (he's not better than the bearded muslim asshole).......

trouble is, its a war that cant be won....... like the riaa will never be able to stop us from downloading (technically that is, they can sue the shit outta us), bush can never stop fundamentalists from their guerilla warfare (especially if he attacks the wrong country :P)

Spam-King
11-04-2004, 03:36 PM
maybe I exagerated

sorry

you dont have to exept the appoligy

I was just frustrated thats all

god bless america, and once again im sorry

Busyman
11-04-2004, 03:38 PM
maybe I exagerated

sorry

you dont have to exept the appoligy
Exaggerated?

I just want to know we American deserve is all. :D

Spam-King
11-04-2004, 03:41 PM
america deserves everything and nothing

Spam-King
11-04-2004, 03:42 PM
also they deserve a better president

RPerry
11-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Exaggerated?

I just want to know we American deserve is all. :D

The right To move if we do not like how things are going :cool:

hmmmm, on second thought, we are a Democracy and have that right :w00t:

Storm
11-04-2004, 04:05 PM
we are a Democracy

:lol:

Busyman
11-04-2004, 05:43 PM
The right To move if we do not like how things are going :cool:
hmmmm, on second thought, we are a Democracy and have that right :w00t:

We are a Republic otherwise every decision would be a referendum.

Biggles
11-04-2004, 08:01 PM
also they deserve a better president

:lol: Can't see Busyman disagreeing with that!

Storm
11-04-2004, 10:29 PM
:lol: Can't see Busyman disagreeing with that!

cant see many people disagreeing with that.........

Smith
11-04-2004, 11:09 PM
im still trying to figure out how bush got re-elected after all the shit hes pulled.

i say u move to canada, where the prime minister dosnt matter anyway :01:

SuperJude™
11-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Oh well, Bush won, not much to say.

Spam King, you sound like so many of the rest with halfbaked ideas gleaned from whatever mediea source you choose to hear.
Amazed this thread went this far but again I say my issue has been all along with your type, who just opinionate and disrespect those who have other opinions. That is annoying and lame.

Oh yeah, I am American, from NY and as Yank as they come. It's funny to watch all these people try to figure out what happened.

Here it is, the ONLY number that matters all: 0

Number of terrorist attacks by people of Middle Eastern origin on US soil since the US invaded Afghanistan.

Of course I am sure my opinion is "wrong" and the fill in the blank insults will ensue, but it is what it is.

And this one: Kerry was always a weak candidate, and the Dems lost me on Howard Dean honestly. I am shocked more people didn't see just how weak Kerry was as an overall candidate.

-SJ™

Biggles
11-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Whilst the number of attacks (or lack of them) is important the election surely was about so much more.

The economy, the direction of social security, how the deficit is going to be tackled etc.,

Moreover, how can one be certain that the invasion of Afghanistan and the number 0 are linked? There was nearly 10 years between the first attack and the second on the World Trade Centre. AQ are not an organisation that is in a hurry. Was it Rumsfeld or Powell who said this struggle could take 30 or 40 years to resolve itself (till the oil runs out?)

I think the biggest difficulty Europeans have is bridging the gulf between our very secular world and the mixture of religion and politics the US finds attractive. If a UK politician says he has no interest in religion it is merely regarded as a passing comment of little more interest than stating a preference for a football team. This is patently not the case in the US. Although not nearly so extreme, there is actually more similarity between the US and the ME than say the US and Europe in this regards. Interestingly, about the only country in the EU which mixes religion and politics in this way is Poland and they were the only EU country whose population had a preference for Bush.

However, the world will still turn, as it did yesterday and the day before.

j2k4
11-04-2004, 11:38 PM

Spam King, you sound like so many of the rest with halfbaked ideas gleaned from whatever mediea source you choose to hear.
Amazed this thread went this far but again I say my issue has been all along with your type, who just opinionate and disrespect those who have other opinions. That is annoying and lame.

Oh yeah, I am American, from NY and as Yank as they come. It's funny to watch all these people try to figure out what happened.

Number of terrorist attacks by people of Middle Eastern origin on US soil since the US invaded Afghanistan.

Of course I am sure my opinion is "wrong" and the fill in the blank insults will ensue, but it is what it is.

And this one: Kerry was always a weak candidate, and the Dems lost me on Howard Dean honestly. I am shocked more people didn't see just how weak Kerry was as an overall candidate.

-SJ™

Your post is a shining example of unadorned logic, sir, and you, as it's author, are worthy of a Nobel Prize; regretfully, since Jimmy Carter has one, the honor has little value, alas.

How about a winning lottery ticket, instead? :D

j2k4
11-04-2004, 11:46 PM
Whilst the number of attacks (or lack of them) is important the election surely was about so much more.

The economy, the direction of social security, how the deficit is going to be tackled etc.,

Moreover, how can one be certain that the invasion of Afghanistan and the number 0 are linked? There was nearly 10 years between the first attack and the second on the World Trade Centre. AQ are not an organisation that is in a hurry. Was Rumsfeld or Powell who said this struggle could take 30 or 40 years to resolve itself (till the oil runs out?)

I think the biggest difficulty Europeans have is bridging the gulf between our very secular world and the mixture of religion and politics the US finds attractive. If a UK politician says he has no interest in religion it is merely regarded as a passing comment of little more interest than stating a preference for a football team. This is patently not the case in the US. Although not nearly so extreme, there is actually more similarity between the US and the ME than say the US and Europe in this regards. Interestingly, about the only country in the EU which mixes religion and politics in this way is Poland and they were the only EU country whose population had a preference for Bush.

However, the world will still turn, as it did yesterday and the day before.

All else being equal, then, your misgivings would be allayed were Bush an atheist?

The religious component in the U.S. is such that you equate us with Al Qaeda's Islamic extremism?

I guess the Church is into Big Oil deeper than I thought... :huh:

I am comforted (however) by your last sentence, Biggles. :)

Biggles
11-04-2004, 11:57 PM
I did endeavour to say the US religious component was not even remotely as extreme as in the ME. The point I was making (and failed) is that they are equally incomprehensible from the European perspective.

Mr. Bush's convictions are his own and it is not for me to say what the US or the ME should look for in their politicians. :) As is always the case, one is more comfortable with what one knows and such dynamics do not play well this side of the pond.

j2k4
11-05-2004, 12:11 AM
I did endeavour to say the US religious component was not even remotely as extreme as in the ME. The point I was making (and failed) is that they are equally incomprehensible from the European perspective.

Mr. Bush's convictions are his own and it is not for me to say what the US or the ME should look for in their politicians. :) As is always the case, one is more comfortable with what one knows and such dynamics do not play well this side of the pond.

One of my favorite musings is having the wherewithall to host a representative batch of Europeans such as yourself for a suitable period on this side of the pond, Big Les.

Methinks it would be the only way to foment understanding; I cannot adequately communicate my befuddlement at your apparent alienation. :(

Biggles
11-05-2004, 12:17 AM
:) I am sure you are right. It is one of these "ways of seeing the world" things. What is clear and logical through one set of eyes is totally alien to another. Although comfortable in my culture, I am aware that it might appear somewhat odd to those looking in from the outside.

vidcc
11-05-2004, 01:15 AM
J2 you yourself said you wouldn't vote for bush if he was an athiest (although i didn't quite fathom how his being an athiest would make him the same as Kerry...kerry being catholic)
A great deal of "christians" voted bush purely because he spoke of faith, not because of his policies. I have no idea if you did and am inclined to not want to know.
It is probably fair to say that even if they agreed with every policy a candidate stood on a huge amount of "christians" would not vote for that candidate if he/she openly stated they did not believe in god.

What biggles pointed to was the fact that europeans are looking for management of the company so to speak in their politicians...not spirtitual leaders

Busyman
11-05-2004, 02:38 AM

-SJ™

Your post is a shining example of unadorned logic, sir, and you, as it's author, are worthy of a Nobel Prize; regretfully, since Jimmy Carter has one, the honor has little value, alas.

How about a winning lottery ticket, instead? :D
Why was it a shining example of unadorned logic; because you agree with it?

0 terrorist attacks has nothing to do with squat regarding the election.

It took awhile for 9/11 to happen ffs. :dry:

Also, I don't know anyone on this board that thought Kerry was some great candidate. You haven't heard many speak highly of him, just lowly of Bush.

Thanks for the revelations. Did you know that the femur is an actual bone and even? :blink:

bigdawgfoxx
11-05-2004, 02:39 AM
I think people who think Bush is so bad are blind. What if they flew a plane into you? What if they choped your moms head off and tortured her? What if he stuck his dick in your dads asshole.

scroff
11-05-2004, 02:42 AM
I think people who think Bush is so bad are blind. What if they flew a plane into you? What if they choped your moms head off and tortured her? What if he stuck his dick in your dads asshole.
RO:lol: FL!!!!!!!

"What if he stuck his dick in your dads asshole"

Who? Bush??

Who are "they"?

scroff
11-05-2004, 02:48 AM

I think 1124 and 8111 are pretty important, too. So is an certain unknown number.

spinningfreemanny
11-05-2004, 05:11 AM
Nice to see you around these parts SJ.

SuperJude™
11-05-2004, 07:22 PM
busyman:
Thanks for the revelations. Did you know that the femur is an actual bone and even?

SJ™:
Of course I am sure my opinion is "wrong" and the fill in the blank insults will ensue

Case....Point.

Everybody is suddenly so highminded these days, it amazes me. Here, real life, everywhere, though maybe I should not say everybody since Bush did actually out and out win it all.

Funny all the people who were so smart and told me how wrong I was for thinking Bush was going to win are now going to tell me I am wrong for thinking so because only evangelical fanatics and po' white trash voted for Bush.

Hmmm. I thought what I thought and made many a case for it with people here, never falling into the "US kicks ur ass!" type of logic. Those were my opinions and these are mine now. Usually much of life is conjecture but I thought what I did, and I was right in my opinion. A few people were. Many people were wrong, it's no big deal.

So the pre-election/Farenheit 9-11 logic falls by the wayside. Now Bush didn't steal the Presidency, he won it because of uneducated southerners and right wing christians. There may be some truth to that as much as there is truth to the FACT that more and more in the Democratic party do not represent those they had for so long, going back to Roosevelt and the New Deal era.

Remember just a couple years ago when the south was a LOCK for the Democrats? I do. Really, it was just a few short years back too. However if you look at the county by county breakdowns of how people voted, the metropolitan areas were mostly for Kerry, over a Million from NYC alone, while more counties from NY State actually voted for Bush. Same with PA, Philly wins Kerry the state, Bush wins more counties. People are closer than the media likes to represent. A country divided they say. Yeah no shit, America has the MOST cultures represented here, of any time ever in the entire history of the human race even. We are not a perfect people but fuck me if any of you are either.

Oh yeah, I think a lot of the difference between the metropolitan areas and others is not that everybody else is a redneck, I think the media has more to do with things than anybody wants to admit to. Admitting to that would mean you are influenced by something. The papers around here (NYC/tri state region) ran so many negative pictures and articles negatively portraying Bush it amazed me and the foreign press was worse.

So you guessed wrong, Bush won.

Since the old threads got erased I hope you all remember I came into this on the fence, convinced only that Dean was a shit candidate and that a strong candidate could knock off Bush, especially since the media around here HATES Bush.

Whatever, what is done is done. Being patriotic I support my President as the leader of this country. Sure we Americans like to kvetch about this and that, bitching is an American passtime, but honestly, we have it pretty damn good.

So much of peace is predicated on the concept of strenght, real or perceived. Maybe a lot of people just felt safer with Bush as President, no more no less.

But it must be just uneducated rednecks, while all you high minded erudite types ;) turn your heads and make condescending comments about anybody who doesn't agree. Like I said, I am no Republican, I don't pigeonhole myself, but I have my opinions.

Thus expressed, peace.

-SJ™

hobbes
11-05-2004, 08:00 PM
The above post contains no "conspiracy theory", and I believe that is a violation of forum rules. Please strike it from the record.

Thanks in advance.

spinningfreemanny
11-05-2004, 08:07 PM
The above post contains no "conspiracy theory", and I believe that is a violation of forum rules. Please strike it from the record.

Thanks in advance.
:) level heads not allowed. :)

Biggles
11-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Although to be fair, SJ was only having a go at the high minded and erudite - that is me off the hook.

hobbes
11-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Although to be fair, SJ was only having a go at the high minded and erudite - that is me off the hook.

I believe that the high minded and erudite dubbed this distinction upon themselves. I'm not sure the Republican voters were going out of their way to declare themselves "red-necks" and "religious fanatics". This was a label placed upon them by the high minded and erudite.

Biggles
11-05-2004, 08:20 PM
I believe that the high minded and erudite dubbed this distinction upon themselves. I'm not sure the Republican voters were going out of their way to declare themselves "red-necks" and "religious fanatics". This was a label placed upon them by the high minded and erudite.

Although, such definitions may be alluded to in policy preference surely. :)

j2k4
11-05-2004, 10:04 PM
J2 you yourself said you wouldn't vote for bush if he was an athiest (although i didn't quite fathom how his being an athiest would make him the same as Kerry...kerry being catholic)

I sincerely don't remember saying such a thing, vid, and if you are able to find the post, I'm positive I can parse it into submission, 'cuz if that's how you remember it, I assure you there is a problem with your contextual recall.

Kerry wishes to inform one and all of his strong faith, and also of his steadfast determination not to allow same to inform his official "life".

I have no problem whatsoever with Bush's profession of faith and prayer-sorry.

A great deal of "christians" voted bush purely because he spoke of faith, not because of his policies.

Now just how would you know this?

I don't think even the most banal pollster would dare ask the question, "Did you vote for Bush on the basis of nothing more than his religious beliefs?"

Busyman-

You have hit the nail on the head.

If you remember, I am the paragon of logic, and if I say it is, you can trust that it is so. :D

vidcc
11-05-2004, 10:33 PM
j2If Bush was an athiest and just ran on his policies he wouldn't have been elected...

Quite right-that would have made him just like Kerry, you see? :)

i was getting it from this, i agree you didn't say that you wouldn't vote for him

A great deal of "christians" voted bush purely because he spoke of faith, not because of his policies.

Now just how would you know this?

I don't think even the most banal pollster would dare ask the question, "Did you vote for Bush on the basis of nothing more than his religious beliefs?"

i know this because i am surrounded by them where i live and i actually engage in conversation with them. remember when i said i wasn't allowed peace in my athiest views? They ask me direct questions and i give them direct answers and in return i ask direct questions and have had no trouble in getting direct answers... Bush is a man of faith and God comes before policies.... they even admit to not agreeing with many of his policies, some even said they agree with Kerry more than Bush...but said that they hold Bush's faith.
As i said a "great deal" of christians vote thusly...i didn't say all.

I want someone to run my country's economy....if i want religion i would go to church

Rat Faced
11-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Hmm, what was the Mormon Church saying in Utah......?

scroff
11-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Not for nothing, but the exit polls said 8% of voters thought "religious faith" was the "most important quality", of those, 91% voted for Bush...

scroff
11-05-2004, 11:29 PM
Whatever, what is done is done. Being patriotic I support my President as the leader of this country.

Also being patriotic I support my country over any man in office. If I feel the man in the office is a buffoon, as I do in this case, I work to protect my country from him, regardless of what the percieved majority thinks.

SuperJude™
11-06-2004, 12:05 AM
I see the words but the point fails to register. You are typing in random statements at the moment. What do you do exactly in your real life to, as you put it, " work to protect my country from him, regardless of what the percieved majority thinks."????

Making a point is one thing, typing cause you have something to say but are not sure how to make the point is another. You dislike Bush, I gathered that, but he is still the U.S. President, because of a system that has worked for a wonderful country for over 200 years and will continue too long after we are worm food.You really have a problem get involved in politics.

I should expect this of course, since so many people where I live seem to be going through the process of denial.

How does it go?

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

Here are some quotes from my local paper, the Woodstock Times from people I deal with at work daily. Oddly they are real pain in the asses too :)

"Everyone's disappointed," says John Tanis, seated in the corner discussing politics with Ed Allyn. "I can't believe Bush is in again after all the crap he's done the last four years. I can't believe it... I'm stunned."

Allyn shakes his head. "The country is stupider than I thought," he repeats. "They went for the short, dumbed-down message."

"I think it's a sad day in America, a very sad day," Tanis adds.

I will say here the same thing I said to him irl:

9-11 was a sad day in America.

Your candidate losing only means you have something to complain about for 4 years.

Same to y'all frantic yet half baked semi-erudites. You are the ghosts of the conservative assholes I grew up hating. Who knew those claiming to be my salvation from such shortsightedness would end up being so much the same.

The best part about the election being over is that there is no more conjecture. Bush won.

Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance.

-SJ™

hobbes
11-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Actually SuperJude, the guy has his own website where he posts his propaganda with his side kick, Ruthie.

So he is doing something, to be fair about it. You can click his link (not a violent or sexual innuendo :no: )

scroff
11-06-2004, 12:13 AM
I see the words but the point fails to register. You are typing in random statements at the moment. What do you do exactly in your real life to, as you put it, " work to protect my country from him, regardless of what the percieved majority thinks."????
Boy you're a real sweet heart eh?

I'm sorry the point fails to register, that's your problem, not mine.

In my real life I am involved in politics, I'm a member of Veterans for Peace, and have attended several rallies, I circulate petitions and write to my legislators, among other things. And you?

scroff
11-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Actually SuperJude, the guy has his own website where he posts his propaganda with his side kick, Ruthie.

So he is doing something, to be fair about it. You can click his link (not a violent or sexual innuendo :no: )That really stuck in your craw, eh Hobbsy? Too bad the "propaganda" is true.

But I guess I should say "Thanks".

hobbes
11-06-2004, 12:26 AM
That really stuck in your craw, eh Hobbsy? Too bad the "propaganda" is true.

But I guess I should say "Thanks".

I'm just being balanced as always. You are doing what you can, I support that. I just think, well you know what I think :cool:

scroff
11-06-2004, 12:28 AM
I'm just being balanced as always. You are doing what you can, I support that. I just think, well you know what I think :cool:
No sweat, Hobbsey....

Here's an idea... why not come by the site and post some of your views... every body is welcome (not a plug) We don't get any posters anyway. :cool:

SuperJude™
11-06-2004, 12:28 AM
Scroff you are right: I never went to any rallies or made myself any propagandist websites. I guess that does not make me the type to do anything for my country?

You were the one stating how you did stuff, not I, so don't try reverse logic on me. However keep going to rallies and working on a site nobody cares about.

Never assume dude, never. You really do not always know whom you are addressing online. I believe I did something patriotic, something for my country, something that I have suffered physically from to a degree even, but would my opinions be less valid if not?

You were right about one thing, I am a sweetheart, and I thank you for the compliment, at least we can still be civil to eachother right? :)

-SJ™

scroff
11-06-2004, 12:36 AM
Scroff you are right: I never went to any rallies or made myself any propagandist websites. I guess that does not make me the type to do anything for my country?If you say so. Not sure where you got that from. Talk about random statements.

You were the one stating how you did stuff, not I, so don't try reverse logic on me. However keep going to rallies and working on a site nobody cares about.Awww, that hurt! Nobody cares!

What reverse logic? I said that as a "patriot" I don't have to lockstep behind the president. You asked me what I do, I answered. Then you went off on some tirade about what your local papers said.

Never assume dude, never. You really do not always know whom you are addressing online. I believe I did something patriotic, something for my country, something that I have suffered physically from to a degree even, but would my opinions be less valid if not?Who said you're opinions weren't valid? Don't read what isn't there, dude.

You were right about one thing, I am a sweetheart, and I thank you for the compliment, at least we can still be civil to eachother right? :)Ok, you go first... :)

vidcc
11-06-2004, 02:27 AM
i have a question seeing as patriotism is being raised.

Why is it unpatriotic to not back your president, yet the constitutional right to bear arms against said president/ government is held sacred?

Before anyone asks, i do not support many of Bush's policies yet i am totally against this reason to arm civilians.
Also i have strong views (stronger than many) about being patriotic

Comic_Peddler
11-06-2004, 02:29 AM

So he is doing something, to be fair about it. You can click his link (not a violent or sexual innuendo :no: )

I have a web site about my music collection, guess that makes me a part of the music industry! YEA!!!...........wait, why is the RIAA starting to call all of a sudden demanding royalties.....