PDA

View Full Version : This Forum is hopeless ! Where is everyone ?

digmen1
11-06-2004, 07:52 AM
This KL music forum has very few posters these days.

Where is evryone ?

I am sick of the same old "What are going to listen to in the toilet today threads"

Years ago there was much more activity on this music forum and on Audio Galaxy it rocked all day !

Does anyone know of a good p2p music forum where one can discuss music in depth ?

PS It does not help when they keep deleting all of the old threads every few months !

Regards

Digby

Mr. Blunt
11-06-2004, 07:54 AM
we all died. =(

S!X
11-06-2004, 09:11 AM
:unsure:

Afronaut
11-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Well, I think because the Kazaa Lite dont have a link to here no more
might have something to do. There use to be a steady flow of new ppl
from that app.

But the main thing (imo) is the lack of respect on fellow posters.
The topics like "What you music you jerked off" are not appealing either,
or, some1 posts about their favorite bad/artists or just asks a question
it most likely will get shot down as bad taste, you suck, this sucks etc.
Somewhat hostile attitude. Maybe thats just me thought.

So, over all im not surprised if ppl dont want to ask anything here,
or post new topics.

Members does the board, indeed.

I've could have done "editing", cleaning up some more,
I've closed some really flamy threads, but overall,
I did ask talk about it sometime a go, but basically got laughed at,
so my policy is to not to edit, just close some flame threads.
We got ppl who dun like that, at all.

I guess for any "succesfull" board there's has to be a
good vibe going on, so that ppl actually dont feel like
a jerk off reading replys to their threads.

Hate rules here.

But dont ppl get just a little bit tired of "I hate band/artist" threads/posts?
Apparently not.

;)

Celerystalksme
11-06-2004, 10:35 AM
We all couldn't give a fuck anymore...

Im not on the net that much...and neither are the once core members of musicworld...we used to be in a world of our own...but bannings and other things have soured the taste of this part of the forum...

And afro (yes i know who u are beyotch :p)...there was more hate here over a year ago than there is now...yet we had 20 times more people here everyday...But mods became heavy handed on us spamming musicworld when all we were doing is discussing music...now there is no one discussing music...i bet if they gave a shit they would be sorry for doing so...

The reason i don't start posts here is because barely anyone gives a shit...and im not gonna spend an hour of my time rasing interesting points when only 2 people are going to be reading it...

I really don't care what happens to musicworld anymore...this is coming from a person who has posted in here over 3000 times and has starded topic after topic...All i got for my effort was a slap in the face...

cpt_azad
11-06-2004, 10:48 AM
well, apart from the forum getting changed (sucks ass IMHO) and no link on kazaa lite k++ and what not, not a lot of ppl are comin to the forums. frankly i don't post much at all in the musicworld, and yes, i'm sick and tired of seeing threads like "what are you gonna listen to while you're...". i read a few weeks back about krohn (is that how u spell it) made this site more "accessible" from google and other search engines. hopefully some new ppl will show up, and others (good old members) don't post much anymore. i remember the days and i posted like 30 times in 25 min lol, but nowadays, i just don't feel like it. god help us all.

Guillaume
11-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Won't post in Musicworld until FC comes back.

er... :frusty:

To be honest, I never posted much in Musicworld, but there was a lot of interesting reading to do. Now, there's almost nothing going on. The same applies to the rest of the forum, despite what teh admins say... Even Spamworld, sorry the Lounge is slow these days. :(

Afronaut
11-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Well, time will tell if any new ppl show up.

I kinda still like the place, a little.
Allthought I've refrain to post that much in here.
Every now and then some ppl show up that actually
wants to talk about music, not just
beat the mouth. (we got lounge for that, hehe...)

:cool2:

Lilmiss
11-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Here I am. :01:
Now wheres my sausage's? :shifty:

It has been rather slow in these parts lately.
I guess questions are answered too quckly.
I suggest you ration your information, so they will have to keep coming back. :whistling

:ermm:

digmen1
11-07-2004, 07:48 PM
Glad I'm not the only who can't stand threads like "What Are going to listen to in your hammock today"

Regards

Digby

PS It does seem that quite a few people get turned off by rude and offensive replies to their threads. Other forums I am on do not allow this sort of thing. I think the moderators should look closely at this -if they want this forum to progress. There is nothing wrong with good debate, but rudeness esp to newbies and dumb questions is not called for.

Afronaut
11-07-2004, 08:15 PM
Glad I'm not the only who can't stand threads like "What Are going to listen to in your hammock today"

Regards

Digby

PS It does seem that quite a few people get turned off by rude and offensive replies to their threads. Other forums I am on do not allow this sort of thing. I think the moderators should look closely at this -if they want this forum to progress. There is nothing wrong with good debate, but rudeness esp to newbies and dumb questions is not called for.

I usually do something if a "crime" has been reported.
:D

Of course, some threads might get moved to Trascan section,
if it has stuff that's against teh board rules.

Some users are here busy tellin' everyone
what sucks and basically spreading a negative attitude.
That will eventually cease ppl making threads.

Members are responsible more than I am about
what goes on here. They're also responsible of
the vibe, if it's good or bad.

The more I "moderate" the more trouble brewing.
Just trying to keep it minimum.

It would be cool to be able to talk about a band without
someone jumpin in saying how much it suck etc.
but it seems impossible.

Maybe I take some of this into Team Chat and see what
other mods think.

I did a post in here some time ago, about the Hate and how that sucks (irony? or just a contradiction?)
but ppl seem to want teh Hate so thats about it.

;)

We do get some cool threads here sometimes thought.
When its about guitars etc. hehe, atleast I think they are cool,
not too many ppl hates them darn instruments so the
negative posting is minimal on those.

Afronaut
11-08-2004, 12:27 AM
oh yeah, got tired of one dude just stating "Sucks" or "Ghey".
Which is pretty much OK, in the Lounge.

I got tired of seeing that in here.

Is ok to say something sucks, but give some reason why,
then there would be room foor conversation.
If not, its just trolling, which I think drags the vibe on these forums down a lot.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
11-08-2004, 12:47 AM
Here I am. :01:
Now wheres my sausage's? :shifty:

And now here I am, too!

Are you sure you can handle the sausage? :shifty:

AcousticBoarder
11-10-2004, 08:22 PM
This was THE place for p2p a year and a half ago back.
Kazaa was the greatest p2p and the forum was directly connected ..
I remember there being hundreds of users online ... to see about 70 now is quite shocking really. :(

Afronaut
11-10-2004, 08:29 PM
Well, tides are turning. The connection to K-Lite was how I got here too,
too bad its gone. And im not going to tell ppl to advertise this place on
other forums, everyone usually hates that.

I dont think this place sucks really.
Just not much activity around.

silent h3ro
11-10-2004, 08:41 PM
How are there still new members to this board if its not being showed in k-lite nemore???

n18
11-10-2004, 09:22 PM
I'm still here...and been visiting almost daily for 2 years. funny that i only got 200+ posts hah. I'm a quiet person :(

Afronaut
11-11-2004, 12:51 AM
I'm still here...and been visiting almost daily for 2 years. funny that i only got 200+ posts hah. I'm a quiet person :(

Maybe its about time to make some noice,
so to speak.

silent h3ro
11-11-2004, 02:27 AM
I'm still here...and been visiting almost daily for 2 years. funny that i only got 200+ posts hah. I'm a quiet person :( So am I. :( Damn forum took away like 500 of my posts. :(

digmen1
11-11-2004, 06:22 AM
Thanks for your efforts Afronaut !

But it does seem that taking away the link from Kazaalite was a bad move.

Also deleting old threads seems to upset people, this has happened at leaast twice to my knowledge. I suppose it comes down to storage/cost etc, but that does upset people.

Regards
Digby

RealitY
11-11-2004, 06:45 AM
We also lost the redirect url from the old addy which wacked traffic by about half overnight if I remember correctly...

Adster
11-11-2004, 06:53 AM
You see GS this is where your wrong music world was popular before with allot of us because it was addictive to have debates about rap vs rock, now they just get closed, so nobody gives a shit now.

and as cely says once upon a time all the mods thought all us musicwrold ppls were the ones fucking up the board where the only spammers here we cause all the shit. *(Before your days GS) so I really couldn't careless anymore

we can argue liek civilised people in soulseek and still be all friends there.. and if all hell broke loose there it's all our own choise to use a ignore button

I guess i just got board of this place found other places where you can have a serious debate about music and not get abused for saying rap is crap or rock is crap.....

and its just so boring now. I like a debate with music and a debate with movies, as long as there is no abuse or insulting to the members. its better too debate about the topic at hand

other things ,, we come up with a idea we say "yes lets do it" lets have a album review section or thread!!! 3 months later nothing is done about it. or we get replys saying "isn't thats what AMG shitty reiviews a for) we had the Jibbler new release list. (which even FC and jibbler had arguments about) but I guess where all lazy,

btw I can connect to soulseek but no names show up only blue birds and I cant type in there strange..

another thing the soulseek section like has 1 thread in the last month...... I think that section which we all well wanted should die

RealitY
11-11-2004, 07:02 AM
Considering nobody ever uses that section anymore you may be right.
Maybe just keep the pin in MusicWorld, fk who knows anymore anyway...

Adster
11-11-2004, 07:08 AM
reality can you check if you can connect to soulseek fine?? do you just see birds in teh room and can't type??

Afronaut
11-11-2004, 09:18 AM
omghi2u2 Adam

If the Music section goes without any moderating on the flames,
one could easily compare it to the Hip Hop or that Heavy Metal room in SS.

Some bad words itself is not the issue, never was for me, but the line
where one is debating or trolling with arguments like "Rap is Crap" is
rather thin.

I'd say its very difficult to see what's going on in author's mind while reading a post.
A typical forum issue. Some smileys dont always cut either, its the lack of facial
expressions and body language imo.

Ppl in teh Internjet are very touchy it seems. Hehe, a lot of folks get offended really
easily, It does not take much to upset somebody.
Of course, there's others with a tad thicker skin too.
To find a place in the middle can be difficult, dont you think?

Now, if you've seen the SS board (http://slskboard.savagenews.com/index.php) (which is pretty OK example what Im trying to say atm) they had to
start a little heavier moderating on the stuff that got posted, even in
the misc. section. It use to be pretty hard on new ppl to come about and ask
"the same question" about Server-Down, just like we use to have about the Screeetchy mp3's.
There's been some changes in their policy about how much they allow the
spamming and/or flaming these days. There's still some of that going on but
not so much as there use to. Posting about Kazaa in there will still most likely
get you flamed, hehe...
I know atleast one reason why they started paying more attention for the flames,
it was hard to moderate.
Personally I'd say it wasn't a bad move at all. There's still some "funny stuff" in there,
especially the in the misc. , those ppl are wicked, hehe...

We have the rules here also, we dont, and we never didn't allow the flames
to take over, (or maybe I've missed something major, hehe..)
it just dont do any good no matter how big of a debate it might be.

The rules are what they are, and I like it here because of the rules, they keep the
nonsense flaming to minimum, that's why I joined this forum.
If I need to post how something sucks or is crap, there's plenty of
other forums to do that. Here we've been trying to avoid it.

Yeah, and about the "new" stuff, yes, we are lazy.
Atleast, im lazy.

Gotta go now, busy day ahead...

Toodloo !

Adster
11-11-2004, 09:27 AM
wasn't having a go at you GS was pretty much having a go at all of us!!

what I'm trying to say is there's a difference between saying rap is crap with a capital C then saying "
rap is crap with a capital C if you like it then your a asshole.

problem is some people take things the wrong way I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion. the problem is the apposing peoples reaction to that opinion I mean look at the first post I ever made in Musciwrold??? one would leave after taking that abuse in a second I stayed around and became a post whore crazy nut :lol:

the afro gonna take me a while to get used too that new name :(

Adster
11-11-2004, 09:35 AM
ohh yeah one other thing id like to point out about the what music are you listening too threads...

there was once a time last year when a great music world member of ours crumbcat would post huge reviews, album covers, track listings of the music he was listening too in that thread. and allot of us were getting to know allot of new bands from his reviews.. they wern't just 3 words like thats in there now every post they were almost a whole 1 page of a word document

The mods took it as spam and put him on moderation for posting too many times in the thread and almost banned him. now he said fuck it and I can't blame him now the thread looks like boring shit I couldn't give a fuck what music people are listening too I don;t even read in that thread. now there is no reason too I'm sure many feel the same way

Cheese
11-11-2004, 09:52 AM
This "thread (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=82168)" should be closed.

It's just a spam thread. I can go into that thread just think of any old song and post. Maybe if you only had "thinking" threads a few debates and discussions might pick up?

Adster
11-11-2004, 10:19 AM
I would like too know if anyone who replies in that thread actually is well and truly listening too that music

Afronaut
11-11-2004, 10:44 AM
No, GS didnt take it too the heart mr A.

We all miss CC's posting here, what a colorfull way of doing things.
But thats was my point, about ppl been rather touchy.
Im not saying bad things about CC, I know the dude a little more than from the board,
we had some nice convos over MSN.
(webcam and all :o)
It's usually a compination of things/threads and folks having opposing opinions,
its easier to be sarcastic, flamer, witty and all that than just keep an open mind,
be on the positive side on things. (I know i''ll be labeled as a pussy for saying this but...:D )
Everybody is soooo right always. It takes but a little to get on some1's bad side.
Of course, some folks just like to bait others just to see "what happens".
Seen that happen' few times? A little planning of few members on some IRC or something:
Hey, I make a thread about "insert something here" and the few buddys are onto it
right away, lets have some "fun".

The "fun" part of it differs from ppl to ppl. A thread how Rap/Rock is Crap can be taken
very much as an insult by a guy who does Rap/Rock himself, but with "fun" tag all over it,
it should be allowed? Gee, ppl dont have a sense of humor....

More about Crumby, he had his topics and postings, and what with some different views
with folks, and the fact that he didnt like when some1 made another,
(version-3-or-something-topic), which he was started and then the
trouble started. Cant remember exactly what it was about.
But, then Mods says to cool it but no way....
Nazi's and whatnot.

One says something rather fishy in one thread and it gets echoed to others threads,
and before you know it, insults are flying.

The thing is, one would want to see the "What music ya listen..." thread to go, others wont, and the
wrestling about it keeps going on...

It seems that any changes made is usually taken negative by default.
Yes, it must be the Mods, Admins, Board software, but My Lord,
Never, and I mean Ever, the member.

Some shit that has happened like a year ago, or more, is still boiling on others blood,
there's not much room for forgiveness.
Such is life on Teh Internjet Forums, is it not?

About the What music... thread, I have no problem with it, even if it just a spam topic,
ppl can write what they listen or outright lie what they would be listening.
There seems to be ppl who post on it on regular basis, like lillmiss, which I personally like
to read too, as she has very different taste of music than I do.
I suppose we could close it if ppl think its not "cool".
But, I dont see much harm having it. How wrong I am about this, really?
Would it be better if we moved it to the Lounge where the Spam is more,
say, tolerated?

;)

Afronaut
11-11-2004, 10:46 AM
I would like too know if anyone who replies in that thread actually is well and truly listening too that music

I am.

I dont reply there often, but yes, I do not lie about it.

As a moderator, Im reading the thread a lot.
:)

DanB
11-11-2004, 11:05 AM
I don't lie about what I am listening to in that thread either, there'd be no point really

Afronaut
11-11-2004, 11:08 AM
But, if its taken as a Spam thread, we could just move it to teh Lounge, no?

Cheese
11-11-2004, 11:25 AM
But, if its taken as a Spam thread, we could just move it to teh Lounge, no?

That's a good idea since post counts have been removed from there.

There's no music discussion going on in that thread more just people naming bands/songs. And it would interesting to hear some of the music people listen to who can't seem to get out of the Lounge.*

*Well not really, but I'm trying to be nice.

Adster
11-11-2004, 11:35 AM
yes move it too the lounge problem is..... It will turn into a how big is my dick thread in there :lol:

nah really I don't care

DanB
11-11-2004, 11:37 AM
yes move it too the lounge problem is..... It will turn into a how big is my dick thread in there :lol:

nah really I don't care

That's just the Lounge version of 'What music are you wanking to?' thread :lol:

Afronaut
11-11-2004, 11:38 AM

Ok, I'll move it to teh Lounge and we'll take it from there, then.

I suppose lillmiss will like the idea, atleast, dont know about the others...

For me it's the same where it is.

Cheese
11-11-2004, 11:43 AM
The Lounge might actually spark off some discussion in the thread, even if it is how big my dick is. At least people will be reading it as ooposed to just posting in it....

btw Mine is down to my knee. ;)

Adster
11-11-2004, 11:47 AM
I feel sick now from picturing that image.....

Afronaut
11-11-2004, 12:39 PM
I dont want to "picture it".

Anyways, the thread is pinned now, on da lounge.

Adster
11-11-2004, 12:49 PM
I think the thing that happened with crumbcat was

NEMO remember him disappeared off the face of the earth

he owned the original what music are you listening to now thread

it was CC that was going berserk posting in that thread NEMO got pissed off and took it as spam reporting it blahblahblah.

so it was then closed CC then made a similar thread what music are you........ in the next 5 minutes..... NEMO replyed with your a fuck wit (wasn't just nemo either) so then CC put in his sig or the people that were pissing him off with bitching comments about him spamming. about his great musicworld posting, of course some of those members took it as offensive then that led too the JJete Vs Balamm debarkle

oh yeah this is the internet and a forum but I have great memories of all of you here I never forgot

Afronaut
11-11-2004, 01:26 PM
You got better memory than I do.
;)

But that's the way things work, it seems.

It dont take much for pissing contest, eh?
Now, given the rules what we suppose to "allow" going on here,
and what not, things can get rather difficult at times.

Even if the rules are faulty or not agreed on everyone,
I still think its better than none.

I wish I was more politically "able" to solve some situations.
But then again, I try to interfere as less as possible.

Anyways, here we are, still.
Or, some of us still is about...
hehe...

Adster
11-12-2004, 04:36 AM
forgiven not forgotten hehe

HeavyMetalParkingLot
11-12-2004, 04:39 AM
You got better memory than I do.
;)

But that's the way things work, it seems.

It dont take much for pissing contest, eh?
Now, given the rules what we suppose to "allow" going on here,
and what not, things can get rather difficult at times.

Even if the rules are faulty or not agreed on everyone,
I still think its better than none.

I wish I was more politically "able" to solve some situations.
But then again, I try to interfere as less as possible.

Anyways, here we are, still.
Or, some of us still is about...
hehe...

I think it all started going downhill when you stop laying us down by the fireplace and making sweet, sweet love to us.

Adster
11-12-2004, 04:42 AM
yes he touched me once........

HeavyMetalParkingLot
11-12-2004, 04:43 AM
All that good loving for a shiny nickle.

Adster
11-12-2004, 04:44 AM
he has good finger work the slinger

HeavyMetalParkingLot
11-12-2004, 04:44 AM
Just be careful when asking for the hum-dinger.

Adster
11-12-2004, 04:45 AM
taht vibrato note they he hangs on too for 2 minutes :D

HeavyMetalParkingLot
11-12-2004, 04:48 AM
Did he play fiddler on the roof for you?

Adster
11-12-2004, 04:49 AM
thats sounds fast

HeavyMetalParkingLot
11-12-2004, 04:58 AM
ask him to play the philharmonic version for you.

Adster
11-12-2004, 04:58 AM
hows it go

HeavyMetalParkingLot
11-12-2004, 04:59 AM
ummmmm.....hmmm, nm

Celerystalksme
11-12-2004, 10:40 AM
This thread needs to be moved to the lounge...every thread needs to be moved there...musicworld is shit...yo momma :D

Adster
11-12-2004, 11:06 AM
I see nothing has changed someone delete about 200 posts of me and HMPL in musicworld today so this place can go fuck off I don't care anymore

DanB
11-12-2004, 11:20 AM
I see nothing has changed someone delete about 200 posts of me and HMPL in musicworld today so this place can go fuck off I don't care anymore

Were they off topic spam by any chance? :unsure:

Bye Ad

Celerystalksme
11-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Fuck Censorship !!!

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Were they off topic spam by any chance? :unsure:

Bye Ad

Adster, we got Teh Lounge for that kind of posting.

I dunno why you insist your postings of a smiley or one liners with HMPL
should stay here? For what purpose?
If you think its the funneh, think again.

A thread should have something interesting to read, a little contribution
to the title so to speak. Its hell to go to through a topic with the Spam innit,
just to find some info about the subject. We all dont share the same sense of
humor.
And, this is a forum, not IRC for crying out loud, or Teh Messenger.

Now, some short posting is accepted, it can be funneh, or even ontopic etc.
but 200 posts?

No, I didnt delete those. But I agree with the removing.

Peace and Luv and Good Happiness stuff.

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Fuck Censorship !!!

Yes!!!!

Hail to Spam!!!

Celerystalksme
11-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Yes!!!!

Hail to Spam!!!

STFU !!! :p

Celerystalksme
11-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Ok here is the thing i don't get...

People complain no one is in musicworld...

So what we do is take away the only thread in musicworld that gets posted in

Sounds like a genius fucking plan to me...

Why do we have a musicworld anymore???

If we take the topic that is mostly related to music out of musicworld why should we bother with musicworld anymore???

Im not talking to you directly Slinger, im talking to the members of this forum who supported this idea...why don't we give the lounge the soulseek section as well...they might wanna know how to create and mp3 while there at it...lets move that sticky to the lounge as well...where is it gonna stop???

Its fucking stupidity...And he we have a topic that is not even related to music...talk about your fucking double standards...

Meh...

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Well, the main issue here is Spam. Check the rules.

I kinda like this topic, or where its been turning lately.
I dont have a problem with this thread as long as its
not filled with Spam and ppl actually has something to say.

We cannot start moving all the threads to other section as soon as it turns
to some other topic; threads would be moving a lot.

btw
How many times some guys have "left this place"?
Just to return to whine how things are here?

Whats the deal with that YoYo?

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Forgot:

The "What music youlisten to..." was moved to the lounge as some ppl
thought it was just a Spam topic.

It can be moved back in here etc. if things get hot about it.

You may want to talk to folks who wanted the move to happen,
I merely moved it.

In future, the Pins and Moves will probably happen the same way,
I just try to please some folks, move/pin stuff according what members
would like.

Celerystalksme
11-12-2004, 12:58 PM
The only time i've gone is when i had a break up last year and the time i got banned this year...and i did not say i was leaving the forum...so don't say "some guys" when your referring to an individual...

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Well, you get the point dont you?

Fecking YoYos.

How hard its to decide if this place is worth to post? Whats the big deal anyways?

Opinions, those are interesting. Spam however, belongs to teh lounge.
Whats so difficult in this concept?
Because some other topic here or SoulSeek forum has Spam?

If there's something you want to see different, hows about posting about it?
If you want to be taken more seriously, however, I'd suggest to leave the sexual refences out of it.

Either stay or GTFO.
But to make an issue about "leaving". I mean, wtf? And insulting everyone? Why?
Do I deserve this, or anyone else here? Why the Great Drama?

Oh well I must go do something else IRL now, talks laters folks,
be gentle to each other.

Cheese
11-12-2004, 01:17 PM

Were the posts deleted or moved to the lounge?

If they were moved to the lounge then fair enough. If they were just deleted than the lazy mod who did it should be ashamed of themselves and should also go copulate with themselves.

Celerystalksme
11-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Ummm Slinger...u do realise Ad & Myself are different people...Why are you suggesting me to make up my mind whether to leave or stay when i never said anything about either...i was just making a point that if you do one thing then it could lead to other things...

Since when has 3 people been the majority to do something like move a pinned thread from one section to another...no poll, no chance for other people to have a say...Plus its a free speech...i can say fuck whenever i like...whats the difference between fuck and feck besides one letter...they both mean the same thing...

Withcheese the thread was moved to lounge as you requested

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Were the posts deleted or moved to the lounge?

If they were moved to the lounge then fair enough. If they were just deleted than the lazy mod who did it should be ashamed of themselves and should also go copulate with themselves.

I moved Adsters "Im leaving (again)" thead to Trash.
To avoid further embarassements.

Beat me for it, but I thought it was a reasonable thing to do.
I like Adster, he's a funny chap.
I dont wish him any "situations" about his departures.

;)

The spam was removed earlier by some other Mod.
I guess it got deleted, but I can sum it up for ya:

1. hey
2. hmmmm.
3 :lol:
4. wtf?

...etc...

I guess some Mod took a great change removing it,
thinking it wont be missed.

Damn, im running late here, have to run to the bank now....

Celerystalksme
11-12-2004, 01:29 PM
This wasn't about Adsters im leaving thread...this was about the What Music Are You Listening To thread??...shesh...i dont give a fuck about adsters leaving thread...the picture didn't even work...

DanB
11-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Ad reckoned it was spam and should be moved out of Musicworld, Cheese agreed with him

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Ummm Slinger...u do realise Ad & Myself are different people...Why are you suggesting me to make up my mind whether to leave or stay when i never said anything about either...i was just making a point that if you do one thing then it could lead to other things...

Since when has 3 people been the majority to do something like move a pinned thread from one section to another...no poll, no chance for other people to have a say...Plus its a free speech...i can say fuck whenever i like...whats the difference between fuck and feck besides one letter...they both mean the same thing...

Withcheese the thread was moved to lounge as you requested

Well, I dont do what ppl wants, I get beaten.
And then I do changes here, I get beaten.

3 ppl is almost a majority these days, is it not?

I dont have a beef with you or Adster.
I have a beef about Spam. And Drama.

I also like to try to please ppl here, sometimes.
Allthought I seem to fail on it, hehe.

Your wrong about the Free Speech somewhat.
One cannot just spit out what ever the saliva brings in the mouth.
We got some Rules to apply too.
They've made for to keep this place somewhat civil and
pleasant place to post about.

I cant believe I must address this to you my friend.

(I really must dash....)

Celerystalksme
11-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Ad reckoned it was spam and should be moved out of Musicworld, Cheese agreed with him

Ad has multiple personalities and says one thing one minute and another thing the next...

Celerystalksme
11-12-2004, 01:36 PM
I don't care anymore...im going to sleep...

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 01:39 PM
G'night. Cely.

(I see Arm browsing this thread, I wonder what kinda rabbit he's going to pull out his hat)

Cheese
11-12-2004, 01:40 PM
I've edited my other post because it was out of context without the quote...

With regards to the topic that was moved to the Lounge that was a good call imo. It's a crap topic, people just post in there without reading other people's posts for the most part.

It's just a list of bands and songs with no relevance, no usefulness and adds nothing to the section. Bookworld has a similar topic but at least the people in there seem capable of a bit of discussion.

If people posted why they were playing a song, how it made them feel, when they heard it first, how good they felt it was, etc then the topic would have had a point.*

As it stands it was repetive unread spam.

*Some people may do this but they are certainly not the majority.

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 01:45 PM
My feelings about that too Withcheese.

There was little conversation between the posters about the Music.
Just a note whats on the Player.

Kinda like in some IRC channels they got the Winamp plugin to
spam the room with stuff they listen to.

Convos, those are cool, and opinions, stuff that matters.
At least, for me.

Allthought, it was nice to read what liilmiss listens to,
since my taste of music differs a lot from hers.
I can still read about it in the Lounge thought.

DanB
11-12-2004, 01:46 PM
it is called the what music are you listening to thread not the what music are you listening to and what does it mean to you thread

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 01:48 PM
it is called the what music are you listening to thread not the what music are you listening to and what does it mean to you thread

A good point.
But isnt that like a Spam in the end of it?

One would hope to see some conversations about music in here.
I do.

That thread is a "post-and-go".

Cheese
11-12-2004, 01:51 PM

You're right dan.

But it should be called the latter title (or something similar). Then the thread would have a point. A list of music without commentary is pretty useless imo.

That thread is a "post-and-go".

Good analogy.

DanB
11-12-2004, 01:53 PM
I don't know about that. I have stumbled across a couple of albums I didn't know of courtesy of that thread

Cheese
11-12-2004, 01:56 PM
I don't know about that. I have stumbled across a couple of albums I didn't know of courtesy of that thread

That's cool and the thread is still around for that to continue.

Myself, I'm more likely to look up an album if someone reccommends it offering some reasons or just even tell us what genre it is.

Peerzy
11-12-2004, 03:25 PM
3 ppl is almost a majority these days, is it not?

yep it is when it concers a move of forum software:rolleyes:

Celerystalksme
05-21-2006, 03:14 PM
No post for 3 days in Musicworld...Here's a drink to the death of musicworld!

Adster
06-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Musicworld never recovered when Balamm came onto the scene as a mod and thast the truth plain and simple

I can think of about 20 of us that posted here regularly but got strung down becuase of spam in off topic talking

we tried the new release list

reality even tried making me a ss mod a month ago to try and revive it and it was giving the flick after one week so who cares?? fuck it

im busy on my own forum thease days anyhow

also I will also mention I hardly post here becuase the new boards software is fucking slow or the server it takes me 5 mins for a fucking page to come up

so in the end I give up

and I got sick of my posts being deleted and that mod knows who he is

lee551
06-01-2006, 03:54 AM
Musicworld never recovered when Balamm came onto the scene as a mod and thast the truth plain and simple

I can think of about 20 of us that posted here regularly but got strung down becuase of spam in off topic talking

we tried the new release list

reality even tried making me a ss mod a month ago to try and revive it and it was giving the flick after one week so who cares?? fuck it

im busy on my own forum thease days anyhow

also I will also mention I hardly post here becuase the new boards software is fucking slow or the server it takes me 5 mins for a fucking page to come up

so in the end I give up

and I got sick of my posts being deleted and that mod knows who he is

just needed to vent or what? :mellow:

Adster
06-01-2006, 04:43 AM
no venting I'm telling it how I see it..

musciwrold used to be the biggest active place on this forum yes more then the lounge.. now its the worst active place

lee551
06-03-2006, 02:25 AM
well your presence would help. i'm here to discuss anything music related with ya. :rolleyes: cpt is always here too it seems, and damnatory. maybe it's time for a musicworld revolution?

shalmon
06-04-2006, 09:41 AM
)-:

Celerystalksme
06-05-2006, 03:15 AM
This revolution will be podcasted god dammit!

*i've got into a bad habbit of mentioning revolutionary podcasts*

Celerystalksme
06-05-2006, 03:18 AM
Oh and speaking of the death of music...is anyone else utterly dissapointed by the new Muse single? I have never been so horrified in my life...The last taste of Muse i got before this new single was "Stockholm Syndrome" which was a awsome fucking song...then we get "Super Massive Black Hole". The album better not be full of that sorta shit!