PDA

View Full Version : Rocky VI and other films they should never make...

Cheese
11-07-2004, 12:02 PM
http://www.spoil-sports.com/RockyVI.htm :lol:

Aside from the funny video I thought I'd make a thread about films that should never have sequels. List them here.

Or, perhaps, you reckon Rocky VI or Rambo IV or Police Academy 39 would be a great idea. List your reasons and perhaps give a plot overview if you were to make the sequel.

Films they should sequelize:

Rocky
Rambo
Matrix
Police Academy
LOTR

{I}{K}{E}
11-07-2004, 12:11 PM
LOTR will probably get a prequel in the future.. 'The Hobbit' which was also a book by Tolkien

Cheese
11-07-2004, 12:16 PM
LOTR will probably get a prequel in the future.. 'The Hobbit' which was also a book by Tolkien

And also The Silmarillion...though that is more background information for Middle-Earth than a "real" story.

I supposed "The Hobbit' wouldn't be that bad, though I am an avid hater of the LOTR films...

DanB
11-07-2004, 12:18 PM
Home Alone :dry:

Cl1mh4224rd
11-07-2004, 12:18 PM
... films that should never have sequels. List them here.
Scooby-Doo...

What's that?

DAMNIT!

Peerzy
11-07-2004, 01:15 PM
Death Wise 17.....

cpt_azad
11-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Home Alone :dry:
nuff said :dry:

BILLY-THE-FISH
11-07-2004, 11:47 PM
The Jungle Book! :huh:

david622
11-08-2004, 12:38 AM
Spaceballs (even though Brooks is working on it anyway)

I'm a HUGE fan of the original, but it just isn't gonna be the same without John Candy :(

OH! Also.... The Mask. Well, maybe it won't be so bad as long as there isn't a CGI baby. What's that?? DAMNIT! Well, at least Jim Carrey can save the day. What's that? He's not in it? DAMN IT!

Haz
11-08-2004, 04:37 AM
Ugh, Gremlins, the first was awesome. The second one? Well it was fun, but boy did it suck.

Cheese
11-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Terminator. I think they pretty much killed than franchise off with the last turkey.

Though I like the idea the Batman makers have taken, just scrap all the films that have gone on before and pretend they never happened. Because any sequels to those Batman films would have sucked ass big time.

Rambo as well, which I've heard rumours about. :ph34r:

Adster
11-08-2004, 12:42 PM
blah

my list can go on for ages

The exorcist (Other 2 were just crap)
Polagiest (2 and 3 crap)
Jaws!! can't believe no one mentioned this 2 was average but 3 and 4 are the worst movies of the worst movies of all time!!

BawA
11-08-2004, 01:07 PM
nice music :lol:

Adster
11-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Terminator. I think they pretty much killed than franchise off with the last turkey.

Though I like the idea the Batman makers have taken, just scrap all the films that have gone on before and pretend they never happened. Because any sequels to those Batman films would have sucked ass big time.

Rambo as well, which I've heard rumours about. :ph34r:

rambo lmfao another one?? how old is stallone now 60?

yeah anythign after batman returns sucked real real big time

mr. nails
11-09-2004, 09:38 AM
a TRUE sequal to, "Starship Troopers" would be GREAT!!!!

express98
11-10-2004, 06:17 PM
For me has to be, any thing to do with friday the 13 and halloween ......any thing they made after these as follow ups just suck

nomsans
11-12-2004, 12:25 AM
deathstalker movies.
blair witch movies.
super babies: baby geniouses movies.
power rangers and pokemon movies.

Cheese
11-12-2004, 12:40 AM
deathstalker movies.
blair witch movies.
super babies: baby geniouses movies.
power rangers and pokemon movies.

I remember MST3k ripping a Deathstalker movie to pieces. Most funny, :lol:

Tetsujn
11-12-2004, 03:15 AM
LOTR should not have been made...period. As for the Matrix, well, It could have stayed as it was. But the story was always meant as a trilogy (just look at the various refferences to the sequals) and it was a nice treat for the fans to have something to dwell further upon and create more discussion over.

Adster
11-12-2004, 03:22 AM
For me has to be, any thing to do with Friday the 13 and halloween ......any thing they made after these as follow ups just suck

yeah didn't they make about 10 of them?? I mean how many times can you stab 5 ppl in a movie the same time.

the first ones were classics where it was known as a suspense horror flick they they turned it into slasher crap movies

Cheese
11-12-2004, 08:12 AM
LOTR should not have been made...period. As for the Matrix, well, It could have stayed as it was. But the story was always meant as a trilogy (just look at the various refferences to the sequals) and it was a nice treat for the fans to have something to dwell further upon and create more discussion over.

The Matrix would have been a far superior film if they had just stopped after one film. They completely destroyed the mystery of the first one with the dire sequels, though someone of the stunts were pretty neat.

The Star Wars prequels as well, completely awful. :(

Adster
11-12-2004, 08:24 AM

why shouldn't it have been mad LOTR>> because it won 11 academy awards like titanic??? I think allot of people are jealous because ot those 2 movies therefore they decide to HATE those 2 movies. not saying you are.

history says that the accadamy never gave awards out to SCI FI or fantasy movies. LOTR was the first to break that cycle

ofbz
11-12-2004, 08:55 AM
why shouldn't it have been mad LOTR>> because it won 11 academy awards like titanic??? I think allot of people are jealous because ot those 2 movies therefore they decide to HATE those 2 movies. not saying you are.

history says that the accadamy never gave awards out to SCI FI or fantasy movies. LOTR was the first to break that cycle
and it wasn't a bad movie either... /ofbz hides from cpt_azad

c'mon... there have been a LOT of movies that were a LOT worse that lotr... what do you say about those... huh...

yeah... youre all jelous!!!!!!!!!

that's right... im coming out of the closet... I LOVED THE LOTR TRILOGY!!!!!!!!

:lol:

cpt_azad
11-12-2004, 09:45 AM
:ohmy: :dry:

lol, j/p. seriously though, LOTR sucks, but compared to "gay-crappy-shit-your-pants cuz-its-that-bad" movies like Power Rangers, or Pokemon, it's not THAT bad.

and the hunt begins for ofbz :ph34r:

ofbz
11-12-2004, 09:55 AM
hey!!!... i liked power rangers too!!!!

:)

opps.. i think i crossed the line...

Tetsujn
11-12-2004, 10:53 PM

[sarcasm]Yes. I'm so jeleous I can't contain myself. I can't sleep at night because my jeleousy consumes my every thought. [/sracasm]

The films were just an excuse for the academy to preach to the fantasy genre of film by sucking up to it's most successful film.

Cl1mh4224rd
11-14-2004, 04:07 AM
The films were just an excuse for the academy to preach to the fantasy genre of film by sucking up to it's most successful film.
Huh... You admit that the LotR trilogy had great success for a genre that is typically ignored by the general public, but... it was crap. Hmm... I don't understand. Do you?

Tetsujn
11-15-2004, 02:50 AM
Huh... You admit that the LotR trilogy had great success for a genre that is typically ignored by the general public, but... it was crap. Hmm... I don't understand. Do you?

Not the general public. The Academy.

Tetsujn
11-15-2004, 02:54 AM
Also, simply because it had success means nothing. Look at Titanic. Peice of crap and the most successful film of our time.

spirex
11-15-2004, 07:20 AM
any movie with shaq in it. steel and kazam are the only ones i know of but they both are gay

Cheese
11-15-2004, 10:07 AM
Also, simply because it had success means nothing. Look at Titanic. Peice of crap and the most successful film of our time.

Simply put, the general public are morons when it comes to movies. They go and see whatever they are told top see by the media.

The Academy Awards (and others) I ignore as well. How the fuck could Titanic and LOTR win so many awards? It's just an American-biased popularity contest. :dry: