PDA

View Full Version : Reply v Quick reply

digmen1
11-07-2004, 07:54 PM
What is the reason for having two reply options ?

Reply To This Thread
Quick Reply

What is the difference or advantage of one over the other ?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but many forums have them now.

Regards

Digby
NZ

DarthInsinuate
11-07-2004, 07:58 PM
you get a crap load of options when you go to the 'advanced' reply button, and smilies - you probably would have found that out by trying it :dry:

peat moss
11-07-2004, 11:52 PM
you get a crap load of options when you go to the 'advanced' reply button, and smilies - you probably would have found that out by trying it :dry:

And you used like me, the advanced one! :D

bigdawgfoxx
11-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Quick reply is good if you just want to type a short answer, with no smilies or advanced options, like I have done.

tesco
11-08-2004, 12:50 PM
I use quick reply all the time unless im quoting someone. like right now im using it. :)

It's useful if you already know all the bbcode so you can just quickly answer someone's question without the big advanced editor.

BawA
11-08-2004, 04:16 PM
I use quick reply all the time unless im quoting someone. like right now im using it. :)

It's useful if you already know all the bbcode so you can just quickly answer someone's question without the big advanced editor.

Exactly, and when u use FF BBcode Extension its easier and i dont need to use Advance reply at all.

Jon L. Obscene
11-08-2004, 05:29 PM
I use quick reply 90% of the time, it's handy :D

:01:

Jonno :cool:

lynx
11-08-2004, 06:25 PM
I can never remember the smiley codes, and I almost always end up wanting to use them. So I've shrunk the Quick reply box down to a single line so that I always have to press the "Post Reply" button.

I agree that FF's BBcode extension is useful, but it isn't anything like as easy as simply clicking on the option up above. It also doesn't have the "Align" or "Indent" options either, which I use all the time. :whistling

DanB
11-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Align and indent? wtf, where are they ? :blink:

Jon L. Obscene
11-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Align and indent? wtf, where are they ? :blink:

:huh:What he said :unsure:

Jonno :cool:

tesco
11-09-2004, 01:04 AM
I can never remember the smiley codes, and I almost always end up wanting to use them. So I've shrunk the Quick reply box down to a single line so that I always have to press the "Post Reply" button.

I agree that FF's BBcode extension is useful, but it isn't anything like as easy as simply clicking on the option up above. It also doesn't have the "Align" or "Indent" options either, which I use all the time. :whistling
if you remember the name it's not hard to know the code.
[align=center] or [indent].
:lol:

RealitY
11-09-2004, 01:40 AM

You can quote someone with Quick Reply as Ive done here also...

tesco
11-09-2004, 02:00 AM
You can quote someone with Quick Reply as Ive done here also...
yuh but it's more effort...

click quote vs type [quote] and [/qupte] and pasting stuff in. ;)

although that would be like the url tag and other tags anyway so i guess you're right. :unsure:

RealitY
11-09-2004, 03:24 AM
yuh but it's more effort and pasting stuff in. ;)
You dont have to paste at all, just click the notepad next to the person you intend to quote.
Then check the box Quote message in reply and thats it, very simple actually...