PDA

View Full Version : Emergency!!

11-07-2004, 08:52 PM
I've got to finish some coursework tonight for a uni deadline tomorrow but I'm pissed (stupid Stella Artois.......) :)

I dl'd MS office because I accidently deleted it earlier (cause I'm pissed). The icon is a white square with a blue bit at the top (looks like a screen or something).

It says 'Microsoft Office 2003.exe'. If I click on it nothing happens! I get a pop up saying ' c:\WINNIT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

OH SHIT!! How do I run this file thingy?

manker
11-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Do a system restore to before you deleted what you originally had installed.

Btw, Stella Artois is not stupid - it pwns me on a regular basis :dry:

Jon L. Obscene
11-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Right click open with notepad :01:

Jonno :cool:

11-07-2004, 09:05 PM
HHmmm right clicking doesen't give me the open with option. I opened notepad and found the MS office file and opened that! My PC is going crazy and notepad is just blank.. I'M DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(why don't I have emoticons available anymore?)

11-07-2004, 09:08 PM
PC still going nuts :(

manker
11-07-2004, 09:09 PM
That .exe you downloaded could be an .iso

Burn it or mount it and install it.

You don't have emoticons available because you don't have them enabled in your control panel; hit the CP link >> user options >> 3rd box down put a check in all three radio buttons.

Stella has pwned you so yes, you're probably doomed :D

11-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Thanks Manker :)

Stella pwns me every night of the week (prolly why the wife left for good last Friday :( )

11-07-2004, 09:13 PM
I tried to mount in but it came up with Adobe premier?

manker
11-07-2004, 09:16 PM
No probs.

Sucks about the missus :(

I'm not married but I guess if I drank every night of the week my good lady would leave me too. My words are probably a tad meaningless to you but if that is the main reason she left, try to keep it for the weekend and she may return ;)

11-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Good advise m8 :)

manker
11-07-2004, 09:20 PM
I tried to mount in but it came up with Adobe premier?
:lol:

Did you download it off kazaa?

It may be that the file was mislabelled and you've got adobe instead of MS Office.

It's on Suprnova, if that helps :unsure:

11-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Yep, off Kazaa, the Suprnova file was corrupt and couldn't unzip :(

If I wrote stuff in wordpad could I open it in MS Word tomorrow?

manker
11-07-2004, 09:28 PM
Yep, off Kazaa, the Suprnova file was corrupt and couldn't unzip :(

If I wrote stuff in wordpad could I open it in MS Word tomorrow?
You must have gotten a break in the download off Suprnova because their torrents are pretty well maintained, things aint going well for ya :(

You can open it in MS Word but the formatting will probably be lost.

11-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Thanks Manker :)

At least I know it will open in MS Word.

tesco
11-08-2004, 01:03 AM
change the file type (.exe) to .zip or .rar and try opening with winrar.

(btw, to change it u gotta go to a folder>tools>folder options>view>change where it says "hide extensions for known file types"

if those dont work then name it .iso or i.bin and use nero to burn it by going: into nero burning rom>recorder>burn image>point to the file.

hope that helps. good luck.

manker
11-08-2004, 01:10 AM
change the file type (.exe) to .zip or .rar and try opening with winrar.

(btw, to change it u gotta go to a folder>tools>folder options>view>change where it says "hide extensions for known file types"

if those dont work then name it .iso or i.bin and use nero to burn it by going: into nero burning rom>recorder>burn image>point to the file.

hope that helps. good luck.
It was an image file. When he mounted it it tried to install Adobe so your method probably wouldn't bear fruit since it was an evil kazaa file that was both mislabelled and had the wrong extension.

I don't know why people share stuff like that :rolleyes: