PDA

View Full Version : Suicide at Ground Zero

Haz
11-08-2004, 04:54 AM
Here (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-11-07-suicide-nyc_x.htm)
And here (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/nyc-suic1107,0,7756290.story?coll=ny-nynews-headlines)

I guess his family believes it was because he was distraught over Bush's re-election. Hell of a political statement if that's the case, and a hell of a place to do it.

And the guy was engaged to be married too, pretty sad.

Busyman
11-08-2004, 05:03 AM
1. Who knows if it was a protest.

2. Who knows if it was even suicide.

3. If it was then the guy was a moron.

4. I wonder if Bush had any direct impact on this guy's life.
Admittedly, so far he has not directly impacted mine unless he had something to do with 9/11.
I just see what's being done and how it could potentially bite me in the ass (Patriot Act, soldier friends dying, etc.) so I don't like him and how even on paper he scores a big fat 0 for a grade.

Nothing to kill yourself over though. :dry:

ruthie
11-08-2004, 05:51 AM
First off, it sounds like a suicide, but who knows for sure? If it was suicide, I don't look at the young man as moronic. I don't think someone flippantly decides...hmm, think I'll kill myself right now. I believe that you have to be in a very dark place to choose tht path..you are walking in a shadowland.
Instead of judging it as moronic, selfish, or whatever word you might pick, perhaps you might recognize that anyone who kills themself is in some kind of great pain, feels hopeless and helpless, and wants to feel it all..no more.

People feeling so desperate need help. They don't need judgement. Suicide is about pain.

Busyman
11-08-2004, 01:41 PM
First off, it sounds like a suicide, but who knows for sure? If it was suicide, I don't look at the young man as moronic. I don't think someone flippantly decides...hmm, think I'll kill myself right now. I believe that you have to be in a very dark place to choose tht path..you are walking in a shadowland.
Instead of judging it as moronic, selfish, or whatever word you might pick, perhaps you might recognize that anyone who kills themself is in some kind of great pain, feels hopeless and helpless, and wants to feel it all..no more.

People feeling so desperate need help. They don't need judgement. Suicide is about pain.
Again, especially if he was never directly affected, he's a moron.

He took himself too seriously.

I was a moron once but I cryed myself out and now I'm humble, logical, and never take myself but so serious. :dry:

It's easy to get wrapped up in the election but damn...do something about it for next time or......er...kill yourself.

First order of business is to ban computer voting.

hobbes
11-08-2004, 02:21 PM
I think the election was just the circumstance that existed when this mentally ill person made the decision to commit suicide. It could have easily been his girlfriend breaking up with him.

Suicide is not the logical extension of disappointment and sorrow, it is a mental derangement and it is a solution that solves nothing.

natedogg
11-09-2004, 03:37 AM
if i was him i whould shoot bush :ph34r:

SuperJude™
11-09-2004, 04:11 PM
if i was him i whould shoot bush :ph34r:
Another moment of brilliance here at filesharingtalk......

-SJ™

Busyman
11-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Another moment of brilliance here at filesharingtalk......

-SJ™
It's a shame that you agree with that post. :dry:

ahctlucabbuS
11-09-2004, 05:53 PM
It's a shame that you agree with that post. :dry:

I thought he was beeing sarcastic.

And, I agree with ruthie.

You can't judge people who commit suicide unless you've been there yourself.

Sure it's nice judging them to separate yourself from them , but the reality is that they're sick and needs help.

SuperJude™
11-10-2004, 01:03 AM
He knows I was being sarcastic.

My point is that I say anything resembling a Pro Bush statement I am assured insults and or disagreement. Somebody like natedogg here types some stupid shit like that and none of you takes him to task for it.

Maybe your message would get across better if you would maybe take a stand on the people making stupid comments. It really looks like some of you will let anything slide as long as it is anti Bush.

Also the dude did not kill himself over Bush, they found his suicide note lamenting his torn feelings over 2 women.

Suicide only hurts the family, and I feel for them.

-SJ™

ruthie
11-10-2004, 01:23 AM
"Also the dude did not kill himself over Bush, they found his suicide note lamenting his torn feelings over 2 women."

It doesn't matter what the "reason" is for the suicide. What matters is the actual suicide.

Everose
11-10-2004, 01:42 AM

I knew you were, SuperJude.

-SJ™

Thanks for letting us know this. I also feel very sorry for this man's family.

Busyman
11-10-2004, 06:37 AM

My point is that I say anything resembling a Pro Bush statement I am assured insults and or disagreement. Somebody like natedogg here types some stupid shit like that and none of you takes him to task for it.

Maybe your message would get across better if you would maybe take a stand on the people making stupid comments. It really looks like some of you will let anything slide as long as it is anti Bush.

Also the dude did not kill himself over Bush, they found his suicide note lamenting his torn feelings over 2 women.

-SJ™
There is barely such a thing as a pro-Bush statement. This is why you are assured disagreement. natedogg is an idiot but he doesn't masquerade behind good sentence structure or fancy lingo. The mere fact that he said what he said proves he's a wearer of the dunce cap (hope he's not American).

As a matter of fact you'll be hard pressed to find pro-Bush statements on this board. Many conservatives on the board can't seem to scrounge up such kind words.

Maybe someone can come in and say, "It was good to go into Iraq."

Maybe they could tell us why it was good? :dry:

orcutt989
11-12-2004, 11:27 PM
1. Who knows if it was a protest.

2. Who knows if it was even suicide.

3. If it was then the guy was a moron.

4. I wonder if Bush had any direct impact on this guy's life.
Admittedly, so far he has not directly impacted mine unless he had something to do with 9/11.
I just see what's being done and how it could potentially bite me in the ass (Patriot Act, soldier friends dying, etc.) so I don't like him and how even on paper he scores a big fat 0 for a grade.

Nothing to kill yourself over though. :dry:
Obviously bush would have had an impact on his life, or else he wouldnt have killed himself at ground zero.

spinningfreemanny
11-13-2004, 12:55 AM
Obviously bush would have had an impact on his life, or else he wouldnt have killed himself at ground zero.

You can't think of any other reason for him to kill himself at ground zero?