PDA

View Full Version : [Soccer] Should football be more like wrestling?

Cheese
11-09-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm sick of seeing crappy football interviews before matches where players just talk a load of waffle and are very cagey of their opinions.

I want proper interviews like on the WWE (formerly WWF) where Beckham grabs the mic and starts ranting about how his team are going to win 8-0 and the losers will never walk again.

I want Alex Ferguson to say he's gonna kick Arsene Wenger's f'cking face in when he sees him next, I want stare-downs before a match not lame-ass handshakes.

And I want the managers to be occampanied by hawt divas.

We could rename the Premiership to The Premiership Extreme. That would kick untold amount of ass.

Jon L. Obscene
11-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Becks: If ya smmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeelalalalalallaalaoooowwwww........What Beck HAM .......is cooking B)

Roy Kean: What?.........What?........whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat?......What?

Jonno :cool:

ElvisLover
11-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Becks: If ya smmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeelalalalalallaalaoooowwwww........What Beck HAM .......is cooking B)

Roy Kean: What?.........What?........whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat?......What?

:blink: :blink:

manker
11-09-2004, 06:33 PM
:lol:

I'd say that was an excellent idea, if I wasn't such a killjoy.

Souness did kick a water bottle on the field when his side were getting wanked all over by the mighty Fulham on Sunday. That's quite enough extra curricula action for me.

sArA
11-09-2004, 06:36 PM
:lol:

I'd say that was an excellent idea, if I wasn't such a killjoy.

Souness did kick a water bottle on the field when his side were getting wanked all over by the mighty Fulham on Sunday. That's quite enough extra curricula action for me.

Bloody Prima Donna's :lol:

manker
11-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Sara, I didn't have you marked down as one of the possessive apostrophe abusers :ohmy:

Edit: On topic - Jonno :blink:

Cheese
11-09-2004, 06:38 PM

Excellent.:D

Roy Keane would make a great Stone Cold Steve Austin. :D :ph34r:

Edit: @Dan & Manker: Jonno got it perfectly. I would love to see Beckham try and do a Rock impression. (In the sense of the wrestler not an actual rock of which I'm sure he could do a great imitation).

http://www.shadowcat.utvinternet.ie/images/rock17.jpg

sArA
11-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Sara, I didn't have you marked down as one of the possessive apostrophe abusers :ohmy:

Edit: On topic - Jonno :blink:

You are just being picky since I pointed out that you had not used your imagination when insulting me..... :lol:

Cheese
11-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Sample interview (Man Utd to Chelsea):

"Night after night after night we have come out here and told you to bring it. All your talk, all your hype and so far your big jacked up monkey asses have brought nothing!"

Alex Ferguson to Arsene Wenger:

"The only thing you should worry about is me taking this boot, and turning it sideways, and shoving it straight up...your candy ass!"

{I}{K}{E}
11-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Should football be more like wrestling?

no.

Jon L. Obscene
11-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Excellent.:D

Roy Keane would make a great Stone Cold Steve Austin. :D :ph34r:

Edit: @Dan & Manker: Jonno got it perfectly. I would love to see Beckham try and do a Rock impression. (In the sense of the wrestler not an actual rock of which I'm sure he could do a great imitation).

http://www.shadowcat.utvinternet.ie/images/rock17.jpg

:01: Cheese watches dubya dubya eff :01:

I don't think there's a footballer quite scary enough to do a Brock :01: :lol:

Altho I'm sure Alan Hanson would be a mean Roddy Piper :lol:

*in best scots accent (which is actually american :huh: )

I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass........and I'm all outta bubblegum :01:

manker
11-09-2004, 06:47 PM
You are just being picky since I pointed out that you had not used your imagination when insulting me..... :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I can say with my hand on my heart that I hadn't seen that then. I wasn't insulting you, btw - as if I would dare :angel_not - It was more a remark about the bitterness of women I've encountered who I used to .. have relations with.

On topic: Cheese ignored me casting a slight over Newcastle :lol:

4 goals in 12 matches :D

Cheese
11-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Alex Ferguson (again):

"Let me take out this magical, invisible crystal ball. I see Chelsea...I see Arsenal...good news, you're still in the Premiership Extreme - but hold on, it's a little foggy....ah there it is, clear as crystal. It's a picture of Man Utd whipping both your monkeyasses all over Premiership!"

Afronaut
11-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Both sports has acting as one of the major Technicue.

Remove the rules, let them fight for teh ball.
Give 'em guns.
Every team should have atleast 2 cheerleader groups.
Everyplayer should take lotsa extra hormons, for extra boot, they're grrrreeeat.
More Beer and Explotions.
And more naked ladies.

That would be a Sport watch on Telly.

Jon L. Obscene
11-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Remove the rules, let them fight for teh ball.
Give 'em guns.

Reminds me of the Jones/Basset/Wise days of wimbledon :lol:

DanB
11-09-2004, 07:01 PM

Teh Crazy Gang :01:

Those were the days down Plough Lane :D

bigboab
11-09-2004, 07:08 PM

They played tennis?:wacko:

Jon L. Obscene
11-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Teh Crazy Gang :01:

Those were the days down Plough Lane :D

Yeah sharpen your penny's and your darts :01:

Fuck dat :ph34r:

@Bob .......No mate, they a football team, I was talking about that, not the stadium :) .....Awwww, Bob's lost the plot :hug: :P :lol:

DanB
11-09-2004, 07:13 PM
Yeah sharpen your penny's and your darts :01:

Fuck dat :ph34r:

It was all good. I was a junior Don :01:

Best day ever down there was a sunny Saturday afternoon and we thumped Forest 4-0. I remember nearly gettting skewered in the nuts climbing the fence to celebrate :01:

manker
11-09-2004, 07:17 PM
It was all good. I was a junior Don :01:

Best day ever down there was a sunny Saturday afternoon and we thumped Forest 4-0. I remember nearly gettting skewered in the nuts climbing the fence to celebrate :01:Sounds quality :D

Btw, I thought you were a Chelski fan. Not travelling up to Milton Keynes these days :unsure:

DarthInsinuate
11-09-2004, 07:18 PM
haven't they tried the entertainment (american) football thing before? what happened to that

DanB
11-09-2004, 07:19 PM
Bah, Chelski were my 2nd team back then but buried in the back of my head by my Uncle.

Wimbledon FC doesn't exist anymore and I sure as hell aren't supporting a bunch of wankers who decide to fuck the club over and move it somewhere no one wants them.

We were royally f'ked up the ass by Sam Hamman

manker
11-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Bah, Chelski were my 2nd team back then but buried in the back of my head by my Uncle.

Wimbledon FC doesn't exist anymore and I sure as hell aren't supporting a bunch of wankers who decide to fuck the club over and move it somewhere no one wants them.

We were royally f'ked up the ass by Sam HammanSam Hamman :01:

Actually he'll probably do the same to Cardiff - they're 20 million in debt now.

Btw, turncoat :whistling

DanB
11-09-2004, 11:04 PM
See turncoat is what I think to whhich is why I don't ever say I support Chelsea as such, especially with the last season or so :rolleyes:

MK Dons just aren't Wimbledon FC though, no supporters, no players of any good, in a town where no one wants them and they have no ties too. It makes a mockery of what they once acheived

manker
11-09-2004, 11:18 PM
See turncoat is what I think to whhich is why I don't ever say I support Chelsea as such, especially with the last season or so :rolleyes:

MK Dons just aren't Wimbledon FC though, no supporters, no players of any good, in a town where no one wants them and they have no ties too. It makes a mockery of what they once acheivedI was being a bit harsh, sorry mate. I agree with what you're saying about Wimbledon getting fucked over by it's owners - it all started with the Norweigens* taking over :dry:

It is a shame when you think about their time in the late 80s and 90s. I am surprised that MK Dons have any fans whatsover.

All this makes it even more unbelievable that in the US NFL teams change cities and even states on a regular basis, when I was really young my Gramma bought me a L.A. Raiders top back from her holiday there, so I followed their results for years.

All of a sudden they became the Oakland Raiders, I was like :blink:

Interviewer: Gazza, have you got a message for Norway?

Gazza: Yeah - Fuck off Norway.

Remember that? :lol: :lol:

No offence meant to any Norweigens, of course :D

DanB
11-09-2004, 11:22 PM
:lol: I do remember that but I don't know where from

The team will be gone soom I reckon anyway. Gone nut not forgotten :D

manker
11-09-2004, 11:28 PM
It was just before a game against them at Wembley, not long after they beat England 2-0 over there. Egil Olsen was their manager at the time with his boring tactics and a wave of anti-Norway footie headlines were going around - which made it even funnier.

He reckons that he didn't notice the camera, Gazza rawks :D

DanB
11-09-2004, 11:30 PM
He sure did

Bit of a cawk now though

Besides he is G8 now :lol:

peat moss
11-10-2004, 01:16 AM
Ya something honest, like I'm going to cleat that fukker next match! Ruud van comes to mind? :P

manker
11-10-2004, 01:21 AM
Ya something honest, like I'm going to cleat that fukker next match! Ruud van comes to mind? :P :ohmy:

Sacrilege. He is victimised because he is such a good player.

In the most recent accusation of cheating he maliciously fouled a player, I'm okay with that since it was an Arsenal player :D

He probably goes to ground more easily than he should, but which centre forward doesn't these days. I'm not saying it's right but he is no worse than anyone else.

/climbs down off soap box ;)

peat moss
11-10-2004, 01:25 AM
Manker He is one of my sons fav player's I just can't spell his last name! Nessorroy? :D

manker
11-10-2004, 01:50 AM
Nistelrooy :01:

Tho' I think Yogi spells it Nistelrooj - and since both are Dutch he is probably correct.

Btw, congrats for setting your son on the path to righteousnes :D

peat moss
11-10-2004, 02:16 AM
Nistelrooy :01:

Tho' I think Yogi spells it Nistelrooj - and since both are Dutch he is probably correct.

Btw, congrats for setting your son on the path to righteousnes :D

Both my little ones are strikers but only the the older one plays on the full field . He,s 10 . I had film of Nistelrooj ,from a Manchester match to teach them not to run all over, but play their postion, the ball will come ! :) They want the ball so much that they come back too far to help defend. :lol:

manker
11-10-2004, 02:49 AM
Both my little ones are strikers but only the the older one plays on the full field . He,s 10 . I had film of Nistelrooj ,from a Manchester match to teach them not to run all over, but play their postion, the ball will come ! :) They want the ball so much that they come back too far to help defend. :lol::lol:

I think it must be the same the world over, I remember back when I was about that age my Dad telling me to stay in my position and not be one of the 'bees around the honeypot' :D

I can't wait until my lad is old enough to start playing soccer, it must be great to watch them play.