PDA

View Full Version : Possible Skin?

Peerzy
11-10-2004, 07:32 PM
If you go here http://www.torrento.co.uk/ and just click skip inro or watch the intro its like 10 seconds long it will load up the forum and i love the skin nice and bright and nice use of blue. Any chance we can have hat skin? At the botem it says skin created by and a link to his page where you can get it?

:01::01::01:

RealitY
11-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Yuk Looks Amaturish...

tesco
11-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Not too bad.

Definately a step up form this one.

edit: that's phpbb :lol:

Peerzy
11-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Not too bad.

Definately a step up form this one.

edit: that's phpbb :lol:
So what if it is phpbb it looks better than this and we have....KROHN!!!:01::01::01:.

DanB
11-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Yuk Looks Amaturish...

should go perfectly then :whistling

tesco
11-10-2004, 09:54 PM
:lol:

vivitron 15
11-10-2004, 10:00 PM
that (skins) was one of the first posts on the new forum by krohn http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=81893&highlight=skin

so clearly this is being addressed!.. apparantly, the quick and easy option is to upload a predone skin, cos doing a whole new one takes ages...

manker
11-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Quality skinnage, Peerzy. I liked it a lot :01:

That was the most annoying intro in the world.

sArA
11-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Yeah...I like the skin too...... :)

It would be nice to have a choice or two added ;)

Peerzy
11-10-2004, 11:51 PM
Yeah, its a torrent site so i was checking it out and suddenlly notice how much i liked it and though how suprised people would be if i posted in this section with a helpfull comment.

I didnt like the intro either, it had nothing to do with Torrentsd just had like a flower and grass....

bigdawgfoxx
11-11-2004, 12:57 AM

Correctomundo lol I like the skin, but it needs to be like in a smaller font...its HUGE

100%
11-11-2004, 12:06 PM
looks grooovy (bars are a bit big)

Anyway heres the link to that Free Template http://jakob-persson.com/download/pafiledb.php?action=license&id=1&file=12

tesco
11-11-2004, 12:50 PM
looks grooovy (bars are a bit big)

Anyway heres the link to that Free Template http://jakob-persson.com/download/pafiledb.php?action=license&id=1&file=12
But it's for phpbb, you cant use it in VB. ;)

manker
11-11-2004, 01:02 PM
But it's for phpbb, you cant use it in VB. ;)
VB Sucks!!11

OK, on topic. How hard is it for a server admin to upload a skin, IKE has said he cannot do it so I guess Entity can't either - but obviously Brian has the necessary permissions.

I believe it takes 10 minutes, tops.

The main time consumer is trawling the web to find and then choose a suitable skin. Could this not be left to the team/interested members in general and then a vote to decide which skins are implemented as an alternative to this sucky default one.

I don't think this issue is going away as we were promised new skins (even one that looked identical to IPB) as soon as we moved to VB. Krohn's priorities lie elswewhere but that does not mean we have to be waiting around until he deigns to grace us with his presence.

An 'OK' and 10 minutes of Brian's time would make a lot of members' forum experience better. It is surely not too much to ask.

Jon L. Obscene
11-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Would be nice to have a couple of skins added, it's not as if it takes more than 5 mins to import them :frusty:

Why don't teh people go looking for skins that are possibilities?
This does'nt mean finding forums as 90% of them would'nt give you the skin, but go skin searching for this version of the board :)
Then Admin can either ignor or import them :)

Hows that for an idea? :)

Jonno :cool:

Edit@ Manky ......It's simple to import a skin, from what I've seen and talked about the VB board is basically the same as IPB, you must find a skin to suit the version of the board, they can be customised which is what I done with some of my skins, then you d/l from the site as a .tar file, upload it to the ftp this board is on, go into ACP and import it, just a matter of changing a few permissions breifly :)
Like I said, once you have the tar file it takes about 5 mins per skin :)

tesco
11-11-2004, 01:21 PM
When I did it with IPB there were two files in the zip file for teh skin.
you go to the skin folder, click browse, point to one of the files. then hit upload.
then do the same but uinder images for the other file.

done. takes around 5 seconds each.

100%
11-11-2004, 01:30 PM
your right

just found a Free VBskin fully coded
(looks like shit but atleast its an option....)

Download here (136KB) :
http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=FC722473BDB14FF19647FF4BB508E17A (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:OpenWin%28%27http://64.4.36.250:80/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=f05f73b7267c28a6d758a8a4897037a1&lat=1100180461&hm___action=http%253a%252f%252fs13%252eyousendit%252ecom%252fd%252easpx%253fid%253dFC722473BDB14FF19647FF4BB508E17A%27%29;)

if that one doesnt work
use this one - ONLY ONE DOWNLOAD ALLOWED (http://www.dropload.com/redeem.php?t=4e13803022c6ef11960aae247a630274) (so leave it alone unless mod)

heres a site which is using it - http://www.webmastersempire.com/showthread.php?p=155#post155

http://webmastersempire.com/blueemerald.jpg

100%
11-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Found a German site that has Free VB templates
Some in German some English
http://www.vbdesigns.de/styles_vb.php
and
http://www.vbdesigns.de/forumdisplay.php?f=51

take your pick :01:

Peerzy
11-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Even if it is for Phppbb or whatever Krohn promissed us so my 1337 coding and he could make hi sown template so why can he not chnage his to VB?

Afronaut
11-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Well, Khron dont visit us so often.
Apparently he has other priorities too.
Same with Rookie.

I did mention this in the Team Chat too.

Hopefully one of these days....

:)

rookiecrd1
11-11-2004, 02:50 PM
We are basically working behind the scenes to try to bring more traffic. Martin will eventually get to a new skin possibly, but he is busy with other things as well.

Brian

Peerzy
11-11-2004, 02:52 PM
We are basically working behind the scenes to try to bring more traffic. Martin will eventually get to a new skin possibly, but he is busy with other things as well.

Brian
Not trying to be harsh or anything but he promised so much and from the members poin of view hasnt changed A THING. i can't tell the difference from when we moved to Vb till now:).

Afronaut
11-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Not trying to be harsh or anything but he promised so much and from the members poin of view hasnt changed A THING. i can't tell the difference from when we moved to Vb till now:).

You, my man, is blind.

Look at the sections. C'mon, take a good and slowly look.
Remember how this was when we got here?

:D

DanB
11-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Martin will eventually get to a new skin possibly

That doesn't sound to definite :unsure: :lol:

Peerzy
11-11-2004, 02:59 PM
You, my man, is blind.

Look at the sections. C'mon, take a good and slowly look.
Remember how this was when we got here?

All that was done by IKE. IKE has taking shit from the members has checked everyons avatars has made the guide section and been doing all of the 'admin' jobs.

I still say that in at least mine and i would ahve thought most of the members eyes Krohn has done jack all.

Afronaut
11-11-2004, 03:13 PM
You're pretty good at generalizing things Peeboy.
Oh well, im not going to start explaining whats different and whats not.
Feel bad about this if you must.

As for the Skins, all i want to see is something really dark, maybe even Black as the main colour.
The other boards I've been are more friendly with the dark skins on me eyes.
Im not suffering a great deal here, but it would make this place more pleasant to view.
The details on the buttons and whatnots is not so big deal for me, I can adapt to it.

100%
11-11-2004, 04:27 PM
so this is a skinless board?

Some animals change their skin when the grow up

Peerzy
11-11-2004, 05:07 PM
You're pretty good at generalizing things Peeboy.
Oh well, im not going to start explaining whats different and whats not.
Feel bad about this if you must.

As for the Skins, all i want to see is something really dark, maybe even Black as the main colour.
The other boards I've been are more friendly with the dark skins on me eyes.
Im not suffering a great deal here, but it would make this place more pleasant to view.
The details on the buttons and whatnots is not so big deal for me, I can adapt to it.
Iv been thinking what to reply with for a good 10 minutes now and i cannot think of one thing Krohn has done that has changed the board. Entity, Rookie and IKE i can. The only thing i can remember Krohn 'doing' was enabling GZIP but i had a screenshot of the forum a few months earlier and it was on anyway. Wheres the new skin's we were promised? Wheres the Arcade he promised? Wheres all the coll addons and scripts that he promised. His main argument for a move to Vb was he could do all of this stuff for us and he was really good at it.

But i challenge any member to think of something GOOD and worth it that KROHN has done that we see in our every day use of the board.

:ph34r:

Cheese
11-11-2004, 05:37 PM
But i challenge any member to think of something GOOD and worth it that KROHN has done that

He banned Bustyman for a day, that was pretty good for comedy value.

Peerzy
11-11-2004, 05:52 PM
He banned Bustyman for a day, that was pretty good for comedy value.
Ahhhh yes but that was only for one day and doesnt affect our everyday use of the board:ermm:.

{I}{K}{E}
11-11-2004, 06:16 PM
I thought we were talking about skins :P
I've haven't seen any cool once yet but I like this skin. :01:

Jon L. Obscene
11-11-2004, 06:18 PM
To be honest I don't have a problem with this skin, but like has been mentioned and I know from doing quite a bit of forum skin works including conversions etc, I know that there's nothing too taxing about them, the time consuming part is finding them, so like I said, why don't the Staff make a thread for this, no spam or comments, just links to skin sites or skins themselfs.

I would suggest not putting on too many as it can created havock on an error log if they conflict, also too many can put undue pressure on the DB giving high script times.

But maybe let everyone find some, then put a poll up for people to vote on the top 3 or 5 or whatever? :)

Sound like a plan? :)

Save the admin a lot of searching and will be giving the users what they want at the same time, everyone's a winner :D

iMartin
11-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Ugh....I'm just tired of this old skin, PLEASE GET A NEW ONE! :(

Afronaut
11-11-2004, 06:44 PM
Anyone knows any place that has VB skins?

Post links for all to check out.

100%
11-11-2004, 06:57 PM
see my earlier post

but remember its not about how good you look..

tesco
11-11-2004, 08:37 PM
To be honest I don't have a problem with this skin, but like has been mentioned and I know from doing quite a bit of forum skin works including conversions etc, I know that there's nothing too taxing about them, the time consuming part is finding them, so like I said, why don't the Staff make a thread for this, no spam or comments, just links to skin sites or skins themselfs.

I would suggest not putting on too many as it can created havock on an error log if they conflict, also too many can put undue pressure on the DB giving high script times.

But maybe let everyone find some, then put a poll up for people to vote on the top 3 or 5 or whatever? :)

Sound like a plan? :)

Save the admin a lot of searching and will be giving the users what they want at the same time, everyone's a winner :D

we dont even need a poll just put in 2 or 3 more just so that we have teh option.

probably a black one, then a few others.

RealitY
11-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Why not just add the fusion skins for dark if that what you want, personally I think they sux but they are dark...
http://www.extremepixels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650&styleid=37

If you scroll down you can select multiple skins at the bottom although I still like this one.

vivitron 15
11-11-2004, 10:46 PM
that (skins) was one of the first posts on the new forum by krohn http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=81893&highlight=skin

so clearly this is being addressed!.. apparantly, the quick and easy option is to upload a predone skin, cos doing a whole new one takes ages...

Krohn asked us to find nice ones in that thread - i picked a couple, but never saw them again :(

it would be nice to have the option :)

Peerzy
11-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Krohn asked us to find nice ones in that thread - i picked a couple, but never saw them again :(

it would be nice to have the option :)
Yeah he kinda promised alot of this theen dissapeared....never to be seen again.....for example if he even fviewed the forum and didnt post he would ahve seen this and maybe acted.

bigdawgfoxx
11-11-2004, 11:40 PM
Yeah he kinda promised alot of this theen dissapeared....never to be seen again.....for example if he even fviewed the forum and didnt post he would ahve seen this and maybe acted.

Yup..Hes just in it for the money im purdy sure

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 01:42 AM
I've seen him sometimes, on Team Chat.

I cant imagine me being really interested to "serve" folks here,
given the feedback after the board move.

We all have out priorities, maybe this board aint nr1 prioritie to Khron.
There can be other things that could be more important in life, is it not?

Peerzy
11-12-2004, 01:59 AM
I've seen him sometimes, on Team Chat.

I cant imagine me being really interested to "serve" folks here,
given the feedback after the board move.

We all have out priorities, maybe this board aint nr1 prioritie to Khron.
There can be other things that could be more important in life, is it not?
True yes there are far more important things but why promise so much in 2 days then not visit the board for over a month?

bigdawgfoxx
11-12-2004, 02:37 AM
yeah and he made this move that didnt make any diff sept its uglier and we all liked the old one fine...

Peerzy
11-12-2004, 02:42 AM
yeah and he made this move that didnt make any diff sept its uglier and we all liked the old one fine...
Not all, some people like it. I hate it myself but im sure yo all know that by now:rolleyes:. But the only reason peopple said heey would give it ago was nder the impression of skins that looked like IPB, Arcades and other cool features. People wernt to hyped on VB bt on what KROHN saaid he could do.

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 02:44 AM
Ppl also hype about how things suck.

Is this class half empty or is it half full?

Peerzy
11-12-2004, 02:55 AM
Ppl also hype about how things suck.

Is this class half empty or is it half full?

:D Both, although the only reason i was ever half full was becuase Krohn filled it with aload of bullshit and lies. Much like some see the Iraq war:ermm:.

AussieSheila
11-12-2004, 03:13 AM
I saw this thread last night. :) This is one I chucked together using graphix I already had. The possibilities are endless.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/aussiesheila/fstskin1.jpg

Full size image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/aussiesheila/fstskin.jpg

RealitY
11-12-2004, 05:16 AM
Now that looks good...

Peerzy
11-12-2004, 03:00 PM
Krohn doesnt visit here anymore and we have no way of contacting him becuase he hasnt activated PM's!!! Stupid VB!

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Krohn doesnt visit here anymore and we have no way of contacting him becuase he hasnt activated PM's!!! Stupid VB!

Yes!!!! It has to be the VB, darn PM's.

Maybe, just maybe he is ignoring teh rants?

...naaah...

That skin AussieSheila posted looks nice thought.

Peerzy
11-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Yes!!!! It has to be the VB, darn PM's.

Maybe, just maybe he is ignoring teh rants?

...naaah...

That skin AussieSheila posted looks nice thought.
If we were still on IPB we cold have Pm'd him with a link to his thread asking him if he could maybe import some skins.

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 04:25 PM
I think he reads this part of the board more than the Lounge, for example.
That is, when he's logged on here.

I dont think this thread will go un-noticed.

He got tired of ppl PMing him teh shits right after we had the move, closed his PM box.
I suppose he could open his PM's again, but I say its up to him, its his box anyways.

:cool2:

SeK612
11-13-2004, 04:30 PM
If Ike has admin access he can mess around with the colours in the admin cp. Download this style and then reupload it under a different name. You can then edit the skin whilst the default one is still being used. If you want to change to the new style once you've made it you can either allow members to select it (unhide it) or set it as default so everyone viewing the board has to use it.

You'll still be stuck with the general layout of the board but you can make it a bit more appealing. Without FTP access you'll struggle to add new logo's/gradients/icons but I think you can link to a remote server and just host them on there until an Admin is on and can add them.

Peerzy
11-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Thanks Afronaut for reading this thread and replying. We have 4 admins (Krohn, Rookie, IKE and Entity) IKE doesn have the privs to upload skins. I think Entity has the ftp info now, and both Krohn and Rookie do. So why ae none of them ever online to read this hread and maybe do something about it.

{I}{K}{E}
11-13-2004, 06:26 PM
If Ike has admin access he can mess around with the colours in the admin cp. Download this style and then reupload it under a different name. You can then edit the skin whilst the default one is still being used. If you want to change to the new style once you've made it you can either allow members to select it (unhide it) or set it as default so everyone viewing the board has to use it.

You'll still be stuck with the general layout of the board but you can make it a bit more appealing. Without FTP access you'll struggle to add new logo's/gradients/icons but I think you can link to a remote server and just host them on there until an Admin is on and can add them.

I cannot upload stuff 2 the server.

Peerzy
11-13-2004, 06:32 PM
And thats whats so fucking annoying. Your the only admin who seems to be online, posting and trying to help, even if sometimes its not always right at least you are trying!

{I}{K}{E}
11-13-2004, 06:39 PM
And thats whats so fucking annoying. Your the only admin who seems to be online, posting and trying to help, even if sometimes its not always right at least you are trying!

Did you forgot I said that I don't wanna add new skins?

Peerzy
11-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Did you forgot I said that I don't wanna add new skins?
Why not:huh:? Is it becuase you like just this skin or you dont want to be held responsible if anything goes wrong?

{I}{K}{E}
11-13-2004, 07:04 PM
Why not:huh:? Is it becuase you like just this skin or you dont want to be held responsible if anything goes wrong?

You remember the smilie generator? It had a flaw and because of that the whole teamchat was logged and published on the net. I cannot check if custom skins have bugs etc... because I'm not smart enough ;)
Thats the reason I dont wanna upload skins.

Samurai
11-13-2004, 07:14 PM
The skin in question was created by someone who I admire for his work on phpBB templates. I was using one of his, called Solaris (Demo (http://www.jakob-persson.com/styles_demo_forum/index.php?s=8)).

I believe no other skin comes close to Solaris.

Samurai :ph34r:

Afronaut
11-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Well, I dont know their reasons of not being here.

Im just going about as usual.

Even thought I would luv to see a darker skin,
its not so important that I would stop have teh funneh here.

:cool2:

edit addon:

That Solaris Skin looks nice...

SeK612
11-13-2004, 07:24 PM

You should be able to change colours without this (under the skin settings there is a WYSIWYG CSS editor). As for uploading and downloading the styles it is done via the admin cp using browse box's and upload/download buttons. As far as I know you do not need FTP access to operate this :)

Peerzy
11-13-2004, 07:40 PM
You remember the smilie generator? It had a flaw and because of that the whole teamchat was logged and published on the net. I cannot check if custom skins have bugs etc... because I'm not smart enough ;)
Thats the reason I dont wanna upload skins.
That was a custom code built into ALL SKINS. Skins are usually based of a template and jusxt the colour and boarders changed and a new logo. As long as there are no extra features. So bsically you saying No more skins ever becuase Krohn can' be assed to check something or even look at something. As he has the uber 1337 skillz. Im getting so fucking fed up of this bullshit. IKE is taking all th rap for other people fucking off and leaving him to sort everything out.

Samurai
11-13-2004, 07:43 PM
IKE - If you need help with forum templates I'll be happy to help ;-)

silent h3ro
11-21-2004, 06:27 AM
Yea, i'll help too if u need it, I would like to see a new, good looking skin.

{I}{K}{E}
11-21-2004, 10:32 AM
I cannot upload new skins...

Peerzy
11-21-2004, 12:48 PM
I cannot upload new skins...
No but Brian and Krohn can, would either Brian or Krohn please post in this thread and state if hey are willing to speed a small ammount of timeto upload them.

silent h3ro
11-21-2004, 03:32 PM
No but Brian and Krohn can, would either Brian or Krohn please post in this thread and state if hey are willing to speed a small ammount .of timeto upload them. Please. ;)

BawA
11-21-2004, 05:20 PM
No but Brian and Krohn can, would either Brian or Krohn please post in this thread and state if hey are willing to speed a small ammount of timeto upload them.

Krohn... ehhhh, he didnt show up for months infact he just showed up few times in last board, i dont think his Brains partner anymo, he used to talk too much about chnages i almost belived him and had some hopes for board changes, he didnt even achive one of his plans.

tesco
11-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Krohn... ehhhh, he didnt show up for months infact he just showed up few times in last board, i dont think his Brains partner anymo, he used to talk too much about chnages i almost belived him and had some hopes for board changes, he didnt even achive one of his plans.
ya he did change us to VB.
which was a HUGE mistake. :dry:
IPB2 would have been nice.

Afronaut
11-21-2004, 07:15 PM
which was a HUGE mistake. :dry:

Need a tissue?

If I think of the software
I didnt have an issues with the old,
I dont have an issues with new one.

Its about adapting to surroundings.
Its the members here that im interested about mostly.
The talks, jokes etc.

Allthought like a said, I wouldnt mind a darker skin here,
but thats what I said when we had the old board too.

;)

Peerzy
11-21-2004, 09:42 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Well looks like niether Krohn nor Brian has seen this yet so better bump it just incase they missed it.

Virtualbody1234
11-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey peerzy... When are you going to shut up?

Peerzy
11-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Hey peerzy... When are you going to shut up?
Im sorry i forgot it was in the (unwriten) rules that your not alowed to ask an admin to do something...:whistling

It was alright for you to complain on the old forum about the big blue bars at the side....but im not alowed to ask for an extra skin or two here....tell me what was the difference? None, so really when are you gonnan shut up also:ph34r:.

Virtualbody1234
11-21-2004, 11:39 PM
tell me what was the difference?

You have been bitching on and on and on about issues. Just about everything you can think of.

I think they should just ignore any of your "requests" from now on...

{I}{K}{E}
11-22-2004, 12:27 AM
You have been bitching on and on and on about issues. Just about everything you can think of.

I agree with you VB.

Peerzy
11-22-2004, 01:09 AM

So becuase i want things done with the site and have opinions i am bitching? You went on about skins and the side bars for ages. Hell everyone went on abotu Anti Spam, which means only new members should have a say as we all complained about that.

So if someone keeps making susgestions (alright i never say them in the best possible way) then he/she should be told to fuck off.

Way to keep up the high members. Someone says a susgestion and its:

FUCK OFF WE DONT DO SHIT FOR ARE MEMBERS HERE, GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Everything i can think of? Thats becuase NOTHING has been done for 8 weeks apart from IKE working his ass off to cover up the lack of work from other admins.

Please tell me a ew things Entity, Brian and Krohn have done? Eniy seems to have stopped posting much since the move. Krohn is only here when its 100% needed them takes his fat pay check from brian and fucks off. And Brian doesnt seem to post or read this section.

And here are the members thinking up ideas, making susgestions and the only people who read are people who cannot do shit about it.

PLEASE PEOPLE THIS FORUM DOESNT WANT ANYMORE INPUT FROM YOU SCUM SUCKING FUCK FACES! DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO TRY AND SUSGEST SOMETHING, CAUSE WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT. WE REALLY HOPE YOU GE HIT BY A BUS. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING.

Virtualbody1234
11-22-2004, 01:30 AM
I agree with you VB.
Cool.

Peerzy
11-22-2004, 01:32 AM
Cool.

Off-topic replies are not allowed in the Everything related to this board section. This section was created so we could discuss anything related to the board with our members.

The Admin and Mod Team have noticed that there are too many Off Topic posts in this section, as a result we will moderate this section more than in the past. You may notice more closed or removed topics and posts. Topics may be moved to the lounge, posts within a thread will just be deleted.

If you think we made a mistake or you disagree with actions made by an admin/mod. Don't create a topic asking what the reason was but instead PM someone from the team that is online at that moment.

This doesn't seem to be having the desired effect, so from now on every Off Topic post I have to remove will earn the poster some negative reputation (yes, it is still there, you just can't see it, and yes it can go negative). When your reputation falls below a certain point you go on moderation. Automatic. No matter who you are.

You have been warned.
Every member has had a moan on this forum, even people who arn't into 'flaming' better tell them to all fuck off as well...

BawA
11-22-2004, 02:10 AM
which was a HUGE mistake.
no, am all with switching and it was brains call when board backups didnt work, i dont think krohn had anything to do with last switch.

Peerzy
11-22-2004, 02:14 AM
delete

Off-topic replies are not allowed in the Everything related to this board section. This section was created so we could discuss anything related to the board with our members.

The Admin and Mod Team have noticed that there are too many Off Topic posts in this section, as a result we will moderate this section more than in the past. You may notice more closed or removed topics and posts. Topics may be moved to the lounge, posts within a thread will just be deleted.

If you think we made a mistake or you disagree with actions made by an admin/mod. Don't create a topic asking what the reason was but instead PM someone from the team that is online at that moment.

This doesn't seem to be having the desired effect, so from now on every Off Topic post I have to remove will earn the poster some negative reputation (yes, it is still there, you just can't see it, and yes it can go negative). When your reputation falls below a certain point you go on moderation. Automatic. No matter who you are.

You have been warned.
Sigh....So Enitity/Krohn/Brian can we have an update please?

BawA
11-22-2004, 02:24 AM
Sigh....So Enitity/Krohn/Brian can we have an update please?

thats it, VB and IKE where right u cant stop bitching even before we switch u were bitching korhn about his Vbulittin thread, u cant stop thinking your boss every where, everywhere u step u think u ownded it(TB, FT, FST...), btw dig more and more soon u find ur self in big black hole :lol:

tesco
11-22-2004, 02:33 AM
I think peerzy has every right to bitch.

He was bitching before the switch to vb mostly because of the ugly vb skin\interface.
He was told multiple times that the skin was easy to change and would be changed...that that was a minor problem. Fair enough.

Now we've been using VB for 2 or 3 months and still using the default skin with no changes being made to the forum.
We aren't gaining members, we're losing members....
And now the admins(excluding ike) don't even take user's simple suggestions.

It takes just a few minutes of their time to let us know if they would upload a new skin...

Peerzy
11-22-2004, 02:40 AM
thats it, VB and IKE where right u cant stop bitching even before we switch u were bitching korhn about his Vbulittin thread, u cant stop thinking your boss every where, everywhere u step u think u ownded it(TB, FT, FST...), btw dig more and more soon u find ur self in big black hole :lol:
Hey im no selling movies for $35 a pop. I do no own this place, but as a customer (i click the bannerss) houldnt i have thr right to make susgestions? And to be told to basically fuck of after them isnt going to please said customer. <Insert what Rossco said here but with bad grammer and some swear words>

Virtualbody1234
11-22-2004, 02:51 AM
I think peerzy has every right to bitch.

He was bitching before the switch to vb mostly because of the ugly vb skin\interface.
He was told multiple times that the skin was easy to change and would be changed...that that was a minor problem. Fair enough.

Now we've been using VB for 2 or 3 months and still using the default skin with no changes being made to the forum.
We aren't gaining members, we're losing members....
And now the admins(excluding ike) don't even take user's simple suggestions.

It takes just a few minutes of their time to let us know if they would upload a new skin...

I agree that the admin should be here and do things.

I just disagree with the way peerzy is going about it.

tesco
11-22-2004, 02:58 AM

Ya it does get kind of annoying.

BUT it's the only way they'll ever notice this topic (bumping)...someone's gotta do it. ;)

Peerzy
11-22-2004, 02:59 AM

Check this thread, other members have asked nicely and look where that got them...i try wih alot more flameage and at leas he hread gets posts and the attenion of he active team members, how would you susgest i go about getting something done around here?

RealitY
11-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Ide like to know why it still even matters to you as most of us have taken the attitude from the top and just could give a fk and have accepted it is just what it is, why have the shits and pains over it anymore, your just the lone crusader now.
:P :P

Fact In Point

No offence to the poster whatsoever but thats just outright pathetic, been warned, moderation, as if. Who the fk was the one that decided that this was a tight ship with no humor or off topic post allowed, how fkin droll. Fact is many of those post are what makes it so entertaining to read although it seems those in charge, some very young at that, have taken to be stuffy old ladies, ffs relax with that bs already...

Barbarossa
11-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Anyway.... :unsure:

It's 9 days until December 1st, the big question is.... are we going to get a Christmas Skin on the board this year???

:devil:

Ho Ho Ho... (or not, as the case may be.. :huh: )

:ph34r:

vivitron 15
11-22-2004, 04:40 PM
ho ho ho?

my guess is no no no...

twas rather cool last year :D big up Paul&VB

Samurai
11-22-2004, 04:49 PM
This thread is like watching a soap :photo: :eat: :pizza: :pimp: :cheers: :argue:

Please continue :)

Oh... and I'm for changing the skin too. Would be nice to have a selection. It only takes 5 minutes of the Admin's time. Just be sure to have some suitable themes already, or at least links to them. A couple of dark themes, and a couple of light themes and a Christmas :santa: theme would be great :newyear:

natedogg
11-22-2004, 05:07 PM
yeah atleast and try to get skins :rolleyes:

manker
11-22-2004, 05:32 PM

I just disagree with the way peerzy is going about it.How do you suggest Peerzy goes about it, VB.

You've said that you're similarly dissatisfied yet you say very little in this section. Peerzy's technique of 'going about things' is a hundred times more effective than you saying ... nothing.

Isn't it.

Now I can see that Peerzy needs to swear less and make his requests less personal but unless you're about to demonstrate a better technique, keep your comments to yourself 'cause all I see is flamebait -- what did you think Peerzy was going to do, ignore you?

If I cared as much as Peerzy I'd be posting the same sort of stuff but it's like RealitY says, the don't give a fuck attitude of admin has filtered down to the members who are gradually drifting away from ... giving a fuck.

The team should be glad there are people who care about the board as much as Peerzy.

Cheese
11-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Peerzy is my hero. How the hell he's not banned I don't know.

Thing is we can all shout as loud as we want about having even simple things changed and they are ignored. Though, I have to say, the changes no-one requested (like Poll World) seem to have been implemented...

RealitY
11-22-2004, 06:09 PM
The team should be glad there are people who care about the board as much as Peerzy.
How ironic but true...

Peerzy
11-22-2004, 08:07 PM
:01::01::01:

i pm'd one of the mods about this thread and they said they they are pissed as well because mods are getting shit and no admin who has power is even coming on anymore.

@Withcheese - Im not banned:unsure:i thought i was:ermm:.

@Manker - :01:Talking to the admins doesnt work, oming them doesnt work, shouting doesnt work....your lucky Haxor isnt still here as the next step up is to make you hear us.

@Poll World - Was it really needed? What if the started wants the poll to be in the lounge or software world for example? I mean i spose its better than no Poll World but there are bigger fish the fry.

tesco
11-22-2004, 08:37 PM
Peerzy is my hero. How the hell he's not banned I don't know.

Thing is we can all shout as loud as we want about having even simple things changed and they are ignored. Though, I have to say, the changes no-one requested (like Poll World) seem to have been implemented...
That's because poor IKE has to do all teh adminning but has no ftp access so no new themes could be put in...so he does other things that he thinks might be good for the board. :)

better than the other admins just sitting around ignoring us.

SeK612
11-22-2004, 08:46 PM
your lucky Haxor isnt still here as the next step up is to make you hear us.
Perhaps he could install skins for the board by 'accessing' one of the admin accounts for a bit.

no ftp access so no new themes could be put in
He can do basic colour changes to the skin with the permissions he has now.

DanB
11-22-2004, 10:08 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=85760 :whistling

Cheese
11-22-2004, 11:18 PM
so he doens't other things that he thinks might be good for the board.

Please make sense.

On-topic: Any chance of an answer from the proper admin and not bn's?

silent h3ro
11-22-2004, 11:30 PM
Think of the plus side: us members will stop bitching if u give us some skins. :)

tesco
11-22-2004, 11:46 PM
Please make sense.

On-topic: Any chance of an answer from the proper admin and not bn's?
so he does not doesn't. :blushing:

RealitY
11-23-2004, 06:56 AM
Think of the plus side: us members will stop bitching if u give us some skins. :)
How is that a plus ffs, theyrde be nothing left other than "nice skin", ffs wede sound like fkin fags then...

Cheese
11-23-2004, 09:24 AM
How is that a plus ffs, theyrde be nothing left other than "nice skin", ffs wede sound like fkin fags then...

I, for one, would forget all about the broken front page, the 18 minute slow board clock, the crappy board layout, bored mods making new rules, the loss of 80% of the members, the banality of some of the lounge posters and all the bugs on this forum's software if we just had a "nice skin".

Even a toilet should be nicely decorated...

/sarcasm off.

bigdawgfoxx
11-23-2004, 12:06 PM
Yeah...I feel were being gipped, not by the mods and admins we love, but by a certain someone...We were promised a lot...and have nothing, which is noones fault but....mhmm...I blame one person for this not all of the mods and admins, because I know they are trying to help, but I think the fact remains we should have stayed with IPB, and like 2 days after we left a newer version came out too I think, which is wierd...

Peerzy
11-29-2004, 01:31 AM
I, for one, would forget all about the broken front page, the 18 minute slow board clock, the crappy board layout, bored mods making new rules, the loss of 80% of the members, the banality of some of the lounge posters and all the bugs on this forum's software if we just had a "nice skin".

Even a toilet should be nicely decorated...

/sarcasm off.
Jus saw this post and i think it pritty much sums up the admins. I see Brian online nearly every day on MSN. Ye he does not pos or do anything on the boards. Talking to his friends for hours at a time on the net is more important than his $13,000 internet investment it seems.

Afronaut
11-29-2004, 01:56 AM
Jus saw this post and i think it pritty much sums up the admins. I see Brian online nearly every day on MSN. Ye he does not pos or do anything on the boards. Talking to his friends for hours at a time on the net is more important than his $13,000 internet investment it seems.
:huh:

You know this "talking for hours"
for sure or you just pulling numbers out of hat?

Anyways, today earlier there was some glitches while I was trying to gte here,
I talked to Rookie over the MSN, he said "Server Problems" and
I didnt hassle about more than that.
Tought he might like his peace if he was working on it.

Well, it would be nice to hear from Admins every now and then, thought.

tesco
11-29-2004, 02:21 AM

yes, it would be nce to hear from them.

and ya I and others were having problems earlier too.

Peerzy
11-29-2004, 09:09 PM

Well MSN is for intant messaging and chatting. And Rookies been on for the las hour and half, he got D/c'd about 20mins ago bu apart from that he's been on for a good while. Yet he doesnt have the time to visit the board.

I think he's decided to cut his loses and give up to be honest. No admin with server access has posted for a few good weeks now. It seems only you and IKE try and answer questions here (While other mods still populate the board and help out there). Im just saying it seems like were stuck with whatever you, the other mods and IKE have access to change for a while:dry:

Afronaut
11-30-2004, 01:16 PM
I try to answer questions if i can.
That dont mean im gonna post a lot.
:lol:

Its rather peculiar, the missing Admins I must ad. I still choose to wait some time before Yapping and Popping like a dawg about it. Because that dont really help,
more the opposite imo.

Its not like the Board is totally broken. We can still post and its online,
maybe thats the way they intend to keep it. Or not.
Its hard to speculate with Admins if they're not present.

The same question is asked in the Team Chat also.

So, if any of them takes a quick look here they cannot miss being missed.

100%
12-08-2004, 02:48 PM
-
Found a site with tons of free vb skins
http://www.namdinhvn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10

hint hint

also here but you haveregister http://67.80.134.241:3360/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=99

oh and yes here is a package of 296 FREE skins

http://208.53.170.18/~revo/skins.zip

taken from here
http://208.53.170.18/~revo/forum/showthread.php?t=5 (http://208.53.170.18/%7Erevo/forum/showthread.php?t=5)

all 3 sites also contain free hacks tweaks etc

rookiecrd1
12-09-2004, 04:13 PM
You all are B*tching that you want a new skin but nobody has yet suggested a skin to use. I'm not going to waste my time uploading something that people don't want. If anyone would be kind enough to post a link to a skin that I can download that most people like, then I will pay a programmer to install it or give IKE permission to install it.

Thank you
Brian

manker
12-09-2004, 04:22 PM
You all are B*tching that you want a new skin but nobody has yet suggested a skin to use. I'm not going to waste my time uploading something that people don't want. If anyone would be kind enough to post a link to a skin that I can download that most people like, then I will pay a programmer to install it or give IKE permission to install it.

Thank you
Brian
Actually we were waiting for you to give the go ahead, that is stated early on in this thread and is re-iterated. Thanks for doing so.

I expect now a member of the team will orchestrate the collating of possible skins and a public poll to decide on which to implement :D

Samurai
12-09-2004, 05:13 PM
@rookiecrd1 - it seems that the powers that be don't like what i have to say regarding this matter... so i'll summerise ned flanders style.

i think you're a very bad man
i don't think you care about this board
i think that your whining is amusing, as it is quite obvious that you're not on here often enough to see if there are threads relating to this issue
i think that you hide behind excuses
also, why do you automatically assume people will "waste your time" with regards to themes? or does this go back to the hiding behind excuses issue?

just be thankful i'm not allowed to post what i really think.

rookiecrd1
12-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Samurai? I'm a very bad person because I havn't had the time I wish I did to be here more often? Listen I am losing money running this forum. I am doing it because I like the people here and like the forum. I just graduated college and need to get some things in my personal life in order. I'm hopeing I can free up some time to do some things here. In the last week we redid the main page to fix the links and I have someone working on correcting the speed problem. As for a skin I am willing to do it, but I need members to agree upon a good skin, which no one has done yet. If you have a problem with me thats fine, but you don't know me as a person and don't know what I am like. For you to say I'm a very bad person simply from reading a couple post at my forum, is just ridiculous.

Please find me a skin and a place to download it and I will try my best to get it up

Thank you
Brian

100%
12-09-2004, 05:52 PM
Brilliant thanx R

maybe someone should start a new thread with Suggestions to Skins Only
and then later a poll.

There are alot of sites where to get free skins mentioned in this thread.

Barbarossa
12-09-2004, 06:00 PM
The whole point about skins is that you get a choice.. Hopefully, it will be a choice of more than 2...

I wish this skins issue would be resolved, then we can concentrate on getting an arcade.......................................