PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2

orcutt989
11-12-2004, 01:18 AM
The Half Life 2's that are on Suprnova. Do those work? At least 1500 people have downloaded each of them. The titles are as follows..

Half life 2 BETA- include patch and ...

Half Life 2

Half life 2 - anon- hl2 -fixed - inc...

Afronaut
11-12-2004, 01:28 AM
Its still beta,
so, the word "work" is rather optimistic.

I will wait til the game is out and proberly cracked.
And then, probably buy the game too, if its anything
what the Hype around it says it should be.
(Doom III was not imo.)

:)

Peerzy
11-12-2004, 02:00 AM
DOn't download them. Its not evebn a Beta, is an ALpha with a few textures and thats about it.

silent h3ro
11-12-2004, 03:27 AM
Its pretty much just the code.

Adster
11-12-2004, 03:30 AM
yeah I'm waiting for the real deal but problem is might have to buy it too be able to play on line.

dsa16
11-12-2004, 03:39 AM
I did play the Half-Life 2 from suprnova, and it does work.

Peerzy
11-12-2004, 04:19 AM
To play online you WILL HAVE TO buy it.

@DSA16 - Its Alph from over a year ago and alot of the code has been chnged, its out in 4 days why bother with it?

gildan2020
11-12-2004, 04:47 AM
why the rush anyway? i heard it's gonna be released next week
it's not worth downloading beta stuff (or even alpha in this case) just to play the game, u'll lose the thrill

gildan2020

cpt_azad
11-12-2004, 05:11 AM
ya, it's being released worldwide on tuesday (nov. 16th) on steam and dvd/cd's (retail). so what's the rush as everyone's saying. this game, along with 2 other games before this deserve your money (halo2 and doom3). it's years in the makin, i don't wanna download this one, after all, anticipation is half the fun.

dsa16
11-12-2004, 05:29 AM
I did go through all the working maps, It had all the e3 demos

I didn't really care if I found out the secrets of the game

orcutt989
11-12-2004, 11:28 PM
I did go through all the working maps, It had all the e3 demos

I didn't really care if I found out the secrets of the game

So your's worked? Can you please tell me what the name of the file was that you dloaded. And are you sure it worked? Perfectly?

dsa16
11-13-2004, 12:17 AM
no,no It doesn't work perfectly

Most of the maps crash, a couple of the e3 tech demos work, couple of the c17 maps work, and most of the coast levels

There are lots of times when you get stuck to things, none of the enemies attack you
This is a very rough copy of Half-Life 2, the one I had was named Half-Life 2

Also check the 7th post on this website to see the Half-Life 2 beta guide
http://www.hl2world.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=10496&highlight=anon

orcutt989
11-13-2004, 03:20 AM
Alright, I guess I'll just wait then. Thanks for all your help everyone. God I love this forum.

sebastian_insua
11-13-2004, 02:51 PM
News Taken form IRCspy

It seems that Valve Software's hotly anticipated Half-Life 2 may have escaped early from some retailers, with the official Steam forums currently on fire with reports from a number of punters that they've already purchased the game. As form of proof, at least one fan has provided what appears to be genuine evidence that the sequel is in their clutches - via photographs (which are linked to in this thread in the Steam forums).

But there's one small problem. Activation/authentication (or unlocking) of the game via Steam is required before play can commence, and as far as we know users won't be able to do this until Half-Life 2's official launch date - November 16. So although people may have the discs sitting in front of them, for the moment they're nothing more than decoration pieces of mighty frustration. Or are they...?

Although we have to admit it's news to us, several hardcore fans are saying that Valve has previously stated that should Half-Life 2's street date be broken then the developer would provide the necessary gubbins for people to unlock the game through Steam early.
The forum posters offer no tangible information to back this up, and we can't help but think that the very reason Valve would slap authentication on Half-Life 2 is to try and prevent this kind of thing happening in the first place.

We've been in contact with representatives from Vivendi and are awaiting a statement.
We'll keep you updated on this potentially atomic situation.

so it looks like it could be "out" soon then!

Peerzy
11-13-2004, 03:43 PM
A few of the groups have it. Its just that unless the steam servers arealready on which i would so fucking no too hey ahve no idea if they have cracked it right. Iv pitched an idea that they edited the steam file to insted of download from a steam server let you choose where to 'download' the fiules to unlock it, and then simply select the files that came with the release. Therefor making steme think is downloaded the files but its really imported the form your own hard drive.