PDA

View Full Version : Can't Find This Song?!?!

MAC2003
03-28-2003, 07:50 PM
The strangest thing... i was listning to a cassette i recorded in, i think, 1993. I heard this song and i don't know the title or artists. Can anyone help me?
The things i know are:
- a guy with a deep voice sings something like 'eee chaka chaka chuka cha oh' the whole song
- there's some whistling
- it starts with "now let me tell you a little story, about the...... days of glory"
- the chorus is something like "bump, you gotta wanna do ah chu bump" (this doesn't make sense, ok, but i'm dutch and that's something close to what i heard)

it's possible the song is older, i don't know, i was 7 back then.
i hope anyone is cool enough to recognize it and help me

tnx
MAC

MAC2003
03-31-2003, 08:06 PM
CAN'T ANYONE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?
dude, that's pretty f*cked up over here

Rocktron
03-31-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by MAC2003@28 March 2003 - 20:50
The strangest thing... i was listning to a cassette i recorded in, i think, 1993. I heard this song and i don't know the title or artists. Can anyone help me?
The things i know are:
- a guy with a deep voice sings something like 'eee chaka chaka chuka cha oh' the whole song
- there's some whistling
- it starts with "now let me tell you a little story, about the...... days of glory"
- the chorus is something like "bump, you gotta wanna do ah chu bump" (this doesn't make sense, ok, but i'm dutch and that's something close to what i heard)

it's possible the song is older, i don't know, i was 7 back then.
i hope anyone is cool enough to recognize it and help me

tnx
MAC
Het klinkt een beetje als "Linton Kwesi Johnson" ik weet alleen effe niet welk nummer...., of vergis ik me? Oh kut.. engels..
It sounds like "Linton Kwesi Johnson" i just can't remember what song.. or am i wrong?
You don't know or you wouldn't ask us right?

Does he sing or mostley talk (poesie?) Uhm Poetry?

I will check it out.. it just sounds familar!!!

:rolleyes:

Skillian
03-31-2003, 10:53 PM
Can you tell us what kind of music it is? I thought it might be "The Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground from the chorus but the whistling and eeh chaka chaka thing don't fit.

MAC2003
04-07-2003, 12:34 AM
first of all, tnx for the tips so far
the music is a little... well, it sounds black, r&b, hiphop maybe, i can't really place it.
it's not slow though, it swings!

marine_aart
04-07-2003, 01:03 AM
vaaaaaaaaaag
(English: weird :P)

soopaman
04-07-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Skillian@31 March 2003 - 19:53
Can you tell us what kind of music it is? I thought it might be "The Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground from the chorus but the whistling and eeh chaka chaka thing don't fit.

Definately not "The Humpty Dance". The chorus to "The Humpty Dance" is quite a bit different.
What year do you think it was released??
If it's Hip-Hop what break does it use?
Is it on another tune?

MAC2003
04-08-2003, 03:33 PM
oh, i guess it was around 1993, I believe that's also said in the 'rap'.
the most important things i know is the 'eeeeeee chaka chaka chuka cha oh' from the beginning and the whistling every now and then.
much more i can't say...

tnx so far
MAC

Wizzandabe
04-08-2003, 03:40 PM
sory never herd of that is there any actual words instead of a load of shite. like 'eka la la'

Jibbler
04-08-2003, 11:37 PM
You must be thinking of the theme song from Survivor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MAC2003
04-11-2003, 07:50 PM
funny...