PDA

View Full Version : Mafia Keeps Crashing In Xp, Plz Help!

jmebonner
03-28-2003, 10:50 PM
Hi all,

I searched the forum for probs like mine, but never found an answer that helps. My specs:

P4 2.4 (533 FSB)
1 Gig pc 2700 DDR
Gigabyte Radeon 64MB DDR Video
48x burner/DVD
48x CD-ROM

I can see the intro video w/ the illusion tatoo, and then I'm looking down @ the desk. I have the menu...new game, load, free ride, blah,blah, blah. Anything I pick loads a little bit and then kicks me back into windows. I run all kinds of other intensive games, madden, nba live, sim city, etc...what's the deal?!?!?!?!??!

Please help, I'm pumped to try this game!
JME

Bowen747x
03-28-2003, 11:04 PM
i have the same thing, but i dont even get 2 the main menu, it starts loadin and be4 its half way im lookin at my desktop, i have similar specs and dled the 3bin files from kazaalinks.com(if u wanna chek it out)but i didnt think anything was wrong w/ the files and i made sure i installed everything right

jmebonner
03-29-2003, 04:41 PM
UP, I NEED HELP!!!!! I installed the NEWEST catalyst ATI Drivers, reinstalled the game, surely someone here has solved this problem.

omnix32
03-29-2003, 07:34 PM
the game would not run on my ATI 32meg card. When I bought the ATI 900 128meg card it had graphic glitches until A updated driver was released. Now it plays OK,

BUT...........................................
Even on my 128 meg video card there are parts that are still a little choppy, like the drive scene at the start of the game.
The game is not all that great anyway, but I suspect your video card dose not like it.

Bowen747x
03-29-2003, 09:35 PM
well i have an ati radeon 7200(64meg) which i just updated the drivers 4 yesterday and the game still crashes
also i dont think its a graphical problem because b4 playing the game, i played the demo and everything was fine