PDA

View Full Version : Helping people

Jon L. Obscene
11-13-2004, 05:21 PM
So today I went to the Esso filling station to get a hot pie and some crisps (best in town but still pretty crap), I sit in my car in the filling station carpark and eat while watching the world go by. People do the funniest things, a young couple draw in to fill up, the guy gets out, gets one of the free gloves and puts it on his hand, the other hand in his pocket, THEN fills the car up :huh: I guess he's a germ freak :rolleyes: Anyhoo, a red car pulls in with a woman, mid 40's and her son, she fills up, pays, gets in the car and it wont start, I can hear the battery is flat.
Me being a nice person went over to ask if she would like some help, she said it's something to do with the disel :frusty: I told her her battery was flat, I happen to have jump pack (battery pack for starting engines). I get this out of the car and take it overthen a lad from the garage came running over saying we could'nt jump start on the grounds, so we then had to push the car onto the side of the road ,I asked her to pop the bonnett (something I would'nt mind doing ;) ) it would'nt open, I had go and the lever was a bit fucked but I done it, lifted the bonnet to see the oil cap was missing :frusty: oil all over her engine
So I said to her son to go get an emergency cap, ......hav'nt got any,
So I told her to sit tight while I went to the car shop in town to get a cap, he did'nt have the right one and no emergency ones either :frusty: , so I bought some anti grease wipes and gaffer tape.
Went back, cleaned her engine down to get the grease off, she happend to be a nurse and had some honey plasters, so suck one of those over and so gaffer tape to seal it. It kinda held :lol:
So then I jumped her car and got it going, she was very thankful and gave me a tenner :01: .......Which I gave to her son, I told her I helped cos she needed it, not cos I wanted rewarding :)

Then I came home :01:

My good deed done for the day :)

Jonno :cool:

Yogi
11-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Jonzey, you rule!!!:01:

These are the stories i love from you and make me all weak in the knees.

Helping out people is so much fun, pity so few know that.

Thanks, thanks.

yogi

DanB
11-13-2004, 05:37 PM
fine citizen

Lilmiss
11-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Aww, Jonno's still after his Blue Peter badge.
Bless.

DanB
11-13-2004, 05:45 PM
And a cat

manker
11-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Should I be a bastard.

Or just say, well done, Jonno.

You, the public, can decide :D

Lilmiss
11-13-2004, 05:54 PM
not cos I wanted rewarding :)

:whistling

Jon L. Obscene
11-13-2004, 06:06 PM
It's funny tho when you think about it, I've seen people watch while others struggle, it does'nt hurt to open a door for a mum with a pram or an old lady, it does'nt hurt just to help someone full stop (unless their being beaten up, then it might hurt) , I remember seing a tv show where they faked stuff to see if anyone would help, a little old lady colapses, they all stand wondering what to do :frusty:

I dunno, people are just odd, but I guess it takes all sorts :)

Live life, make at least 1 person smile every day no matter how you're feeling :)

Jon L. Obscene
11-13-2004, 06:11 PM
LMFAO!! :lol:

It's not my car but I pay for the fuel etc as it's how I get about :)

DanB
11-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Ah I see

NikkiD
11-13-2004, 06:14 PM
pop the bonnett (something I would'nt mind doing ;) )

:ohmy:

:lol:

manker
11-13-2004, 06:14 PM
The public gets what the public wants.

I say you should do both. Did you know Jon had a car BTW, I just heard.I had absolutely no idea, altho' he was vehement the other day, suggesting that Sara get a Rover. I thought he admired them from afar.

A boat and a car. Flash git :dry:

manker
11-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Oh.

Who's car is it. I wouldn't let a fisherman within a country mile of mine :unsure:

Can you imagine the mess their boots would make of the upholstery.

Jon L. Obscene
11-13-2004, 06:19 PM
:ohmy:

:lol:

:P :01:

:D

@Manky ....... It's a fishermans car :unsure: :lol: the backseat currently has an engine and hauler on news paer :lol:
And after pie eating today, lots of crumbs :lol: (you dare say anything about eating pie and I'll slap you :dry: )

I have a big Motorbike too :P

Jon L. Obscene
11-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Whaaaaaat? :ermm:

You knew I gotta bike :01: Used to be in my sig :lol:

Jon L. Obscene
11-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I gotta big motorbike too

This time it's personal

?? :huh:

enoughfakefiles
11-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I gotta big motorbike too

This time it's personal

?? :huh:

Think of pet names for things. :rolleyes:

bigboab
11-13-2004, 06:53 PM
OK who stole my Tonka toys?:(

DanB
11-13-2004, 06:56 PM
what if they don't want to be helped?

hobbes
11-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Are we dealing with some form of strange bizarre sin/atonement personality disorder?

First Jonno steals a car, then he helps another fix their car.

See, everythings all atoned for and Jonno has himself a new car.

Tomorrow he'll go out and shoot someone dead, then save a life by donating his left kidney later that same day.

I think Jonno is best left at home, for public safety reasons.

vidcc
11-13-2004, 06:58 PM
what if they don't want to be helped?
we will bomb them until they admit they do

http://www.jerrypippin.com/bush_borg.jpg

orcutt989
11-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Haha, hot pie and crisps. This was the best story ever.

DanB
11-13-2004, 07:01 PM
we will bomb them until they admit they do

http://www.jerrypippin.com/bush_borg.jpg

:lol: :lol:

manker
11-13-2004, 07:06 PM
So ... This motorbike/personal thing.

Is it a Terminator thing? :unsure:

Jon L. Obscene
11-13-2004, 07:09 PM
I Gotta a Big Motorbike 2

THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL.

Oh forget it.

:frusty: OMFG! Dude I'm gonna buy you a coat factory :frusty:

@Hobbes. ......... Awww you;re so sweet :blushing:

vidcc
11-13-2004, 07:13 PM
http://www.nigelhumour.co.uk/coats1.gif

vidcc
11-13-2004, 07:15 PM
i should do a proper job on that one....seems popular

DanB
11-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Its pretty good

vidcc
11-13-2004, 07:21 PM
crap quality..made it in flash instead of a proper gif animator...and only spent 3 mins. doing it

Edit... no copyright on it anyone can remake it if they wish. The original smiley is one of the board ones and the coat is pictured above

edit edit:...perhaps the caot is on another thread....

manker
11-13-2004, 07:27 PM
crap quality..made it in flash instead of a proper gif animator...and only spent 3 mins. doing it

Edit... no copyright on it anyone can remake it if they wish. The original smiley is one of the board ones and the coat is pictured above

edit edit:...perhaps the caot is on another thread....I believe JP has copyrighted the getting of the coat :unsure:

Jon L. Obscene
11-13-2004, 07:30 PM
Heygreat idea dude, I been thinking of a way to do that, never thought of using the lost angel :frusty:
If you don't mind I'll keep that and clarify the background when back on my desk puter :)

DanB
11-13-2004, 07:31 PM
I wouldn't know where to start :lol:

vidcc
11-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Indeed, I deserve the clap for that one.

Bit of a harsh punishment ..luckily penecillin can cure it these days

Jon L. Obscene
11-13-2004, 08:09 PM
:huh:

vidcc
11-13-2004, 08:18 PM
sid james lives on