PDA

View Full Version : Application Forms

DanB
11-15-2004, 12:47 PM
:angry: I hate filling in application forms for jobs :angry:

I always get stuck on the person specification bit -

You should address the relevant skills, abilities, personal qualities, experience etc., which make you suitable for the position in this section, as they relate to the job description and employee specification.

Please indicate here why you are suitable for the position you applied for.

I mean honestly what the heck are you meant to put in there, I always try to do the least possible, which could be why I haven't had many takers :ermm:

*goddess*
11-15-2004, 12:49 PM
:) You have to brag, exaggerate anything that makes ya sound wonderful for the job.

:unsure: Maybe you could try to imagine you're trying to impress some chick?

Jon L. Obscene
11-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Just put

"Cos I'm fucking great, now gimmie the job cos no one else is as fucking great as me"

You never know, it might work, they might admire your balls :ermm:
Thats an idea, you could get your nuts out at the interview :01:

Then they will say "Wow, this kid has balls" :01:

Jonno :cool:

*goddess*
11-15-2004, 12:50 PM
:sick: I don't think so Jonno.

Jon L. Obscene
11-15-2004, 12:51 PM
why not? Thats what I done :01:

Ok I did'nt get the job and spent 6 hours in the police station, but it was a giggle :lol:

*goddess*
11-15-2004, 12:55 PM
:blink: Think Dan might be beyond the giggle stage:(

DanB
11-15-2004, 12:58 PM
That probably isn't the best of ideas Jonno :lol:

I am beginning to think it doesn't matter what I write cos I reckon as soon as they see I have ticked yes to a certain box they chuck it away :dry:

Jon L. Obscene
11-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Is that the

Are you a member of any Gep Movements: Yes/No?

:lol:

Nah seriously tho it's Not nessacerally like that dude, thats discrimination they not allowed to do that anymore :dry:

What you have to do is think like me, be big headed and find all your best points and then exagerate them :01:

*goddess*
11-15-2004, 01:00 PM
:( Quite possibly.

:huh: Tho I think mostly the way you get jobs these days is to have contacts.

DanB
11-15-2004, 01:04 PM
:( Quite possibly.

:huh: Tho I think mostly the way you get jobs these days is to have contacts.

That was how I got the cushy one I got sacked from :D

*goddess*
11-15-2004, 01:05 PM
:unsure: Can't you do something to get rid of whoever's got your old, old job. The one where you were online half the day:01:

DanB
11-15-2004, 01:10 PM
:unsure: Can't you do something to get rid of whoever's got your old, old job. The one where you were online half the day:01:

I have thought about that but it would be a bit embaressing to go back there :blushing:

*goddess*
11-15-2004, 01:11 PM
:unsure: Cos of the temp?

bigboab
11-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Just tell the truth Dan. That way when you do get a job you wont have to remember what you put down on the application.:)

Any good manager will give you plus points for filling in certain sections. :)

Jon L. Obscene
11-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Yeah good idea, go threaten someone into giving up their job :01:

Put a sword to their mouth and say "You laughed at me, I'm gonna make you laugh for the rest of your fecking life" :01:

Guns for show......Knives for a pro :01:

Wanna sandwich Bacon?

DanB
11-15-2004, 01:22 PM
:unsure: Cos of the temp?

no not cos of the temp, but just because I left and then to go back cap in hand would be bit much.

heh heh, this is what I put, don't laugh

I am reliable, hardworking and quick to learn. i find it easy to pick up and implement new sytems and procedures. I am also able to work well on my own and as an effective tream member.

While working at Rosebery Homecall I was responsible for running a Gas contract for one of our smaller clients, it had aroun d 650+ properties on it. Part of my duties were to upddate the database with the Gas Safety Certificates in accordance with Government legislation. I also had to do this at Smith & Byford too. It was important to have a keen eye for detail because if the details were wrong it could lead to fines or worse due to non compliance. I also had to manipulate the updated database to provide reports for the gas consultant.

In my previous two jobs I had to do a lot of liasing with tenants and representatives from different companys, and I understand the importance of and am able to build up good working relationships.

I am competent with Word, Excel and Outlook and have a acheived my CLAIT certificate in 2001. While working at Nationwide I studied for and was awarded an NVQ level 2 in Building Society Services which was made up of components of customer service, administration and data protection elements.

OMG i swear I proof read it before sending it off and now I have found 2 more typos :ph34r:

*goddess*
11-15-2004, 01:25 PM
:rolleyes: What's to laugh at? That sounds really good, coupla typo's but that's maybe just in here.

:) If you can think of anything else to add, even if it might seem irrelevant do it, all looks impressive.

;) You hang in there, you're a good worker and scrub up pretty good, you'll get there eventually.

:1eye: Anyhoop, I'm off to bed, g'luck with it.

:lol: Just read your edit: whoopsies:frusty:

DanB
11-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Night Goddess :D

I hope they don't mark me down cos of the typos' :lol:

manker
11-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Yeah good idea, go threaten someone into giving up their job :01:

Put a sword to their mouth and say "You laughed at me, I'm gonna make you laugh for the rest of your fecking life" :01:

Guns for show......Knives for a pro :01:

Wanna sandwich Bacon?

http://img44.exs.cx/img44/8296/0a07.jpg

manker
11-15-2004, 01:29 PM
Looks good, Dan. I noticed the typos too - shock horror :ohmy:

What you're saying comes across as professional amd assured.

DanB
11-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Looks good, Dan. I noticed the typos too - shock horror :ohmy:

What you're saying comes across as professional amd assured.

Just a shame I didn't notice the typo's earlier :no:

Jon L. Obscene
11-15-2004, 01:32 PM
I am reliable, hardworking and quick to learn.

:lol: LMFAO!! :lol:
Glad you followed advice and made it up :lol:

j/k, ;)
Looks fine to me Dan, good luck with it, seriously dude :)

DanB
11-15-2004, 01:36 PM
:lol: LMFAO!! :lol:
Glad you followed advice and made it up :lol:

j/k, ;)
Looks fine to me Dan, good luck with it, seriously dude :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have an interview tomorrow morning too, hopefully I'll get that and won't have to worry anymore :01:

Jon L. Obscene
11-15-2004, 01:38 PM
Yeah with any luck, get in there, turn on the charm and knock em bandi :01:

sArA
11-15-2004, 11:41 PM
Good luck with the interview Dan....fingers crossed mate :)

TheDave
11-15-2004, 11:49 PM
today i got rejected from the argos warehouse

DanB
11-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Up and ready :01:

still have my morning puking thing though :(

foot loose
11-16-2004, 09:46 AM
well thats nothing
on application forms in the uk when it gets to the part what nationallity are you it has not got black or white its got
european
afro european
asian
because black and white r considered racist words
if your an eskemo that lives in the uk filling in an appliction form what da hell u gonna put on the application

DanB
11-16-2004, 10:19 AM
well thats nothing
on application forms in the uk when it gets to the part what nationallity are you it has not got black or white its got
european
afro european
asian
if your an eskemo that lives in the uk filling in an appliction form what da hell u gonna put on the application

:blink: :blink:

manker
11-16-2004, 10:32 AM
well thats nothing
european
afro european
asian
if your an eskemo that lives in the uk filling in an appliction form what da hell u gonna put on the applicationOther :unsure:

TheDave
11-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Up and ready :01:

still have my morning puking thing though :(
what i miss? you get pregnant when i was gone?:huh: