PDA

View Full Version : WinXP Run command that...?

mojo2185
11-16-2004, 12:20 AM
A few months ago while i was setting up my new computer, i wanted to hide my "recent documents." I found a tip online where you could type into the "run" box a certain command, which opened up a configuration window. In it, you could hide/display various things by turning them on and off. I turned off recent docs, set it to clear history, etc... Well i've been having some issues lately and I would like to undo those changes, but i can't remember what to type into the "run" box. I googled it but couldn't find the info on it (kept finding ways to change registry). Please note that the "run" command was NOT regedit, it was something else.

I know it's a long shot, but any help is appreciated!
Thanks for any help!

Samurai
11-16-2004, 12:34 AM
msconfig?

Samurai
11-16-2004, 12:36 AM
Or if I'm not mistaken... Right Click Taskbar > Properties > Start Menu Tab > Customized > Advanced

mojo2185
11-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Not quite.
I remember the config tool had a look similar to the look of the administrative tools.

Thanks for trying though

Afronaut
11-16-2004, 02:02 AM
Check out the Policys,
in Admin tools.

:cool2:

mojo2185
11-16-2004, 03:43 AM
That is VERY similar to the config. tool that i was using, but i'm pretty sure this isn't the one (i didn't see anything about recend docs. or history in the policy editor). Its on the right track though.

Thanks