PDA

View Full Version : Petition

Samurai
11-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Hi All,

Recently just put up a petition for those of us in the UK who are fed up with the capped services we are constantly being told to 'like it or lump it'.

Hopefully, with enough signatures, I can forward this on to the ISP's and fingers-crossed, make a difference.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/fcuk/petition.html

You don't have to be from the UK to sign, and if you're not and decide to leave a comment, would you be as so kind to leave a note where you're from.

Thank you in advance!

Samurai :ph34r:

vivitron 15
11-16-2004, 05:21 PM
lol, i do believe you posted this on your ISP forum?

im watching you.... :ph34r:

edited back in - had delteted, but rechanged mind ;)

DanB
11-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Done :01:

100%
11-16-2004, 05:23 PM
basturd cappers
i had that once
never again
even not uk

Samurai
11-16-2004, 05:25 PM
lol, i do believe you posted this on your ISP forum?

im watching you.... :ph34r:

Didn't think it got viewed enough ;)

However, once I reach 500 signatures, and yes it is possible, just look at our registered users... I'll pick 2 who will be given a choice of a DVD / PC Game of their choice which I'll purchase nearer the time.

Sound exciting now? :01:

manker
11-16-2004, 05:27 PM
The comments of the signatories just made me laugh:

http://img53.exs.cx/img53/3581/SNAG-0420.jpg

:lol:

Undoubtedly a worthy cause tho'

DanB
11-16-2004, 05:28 PM
The comments of the signatories just made me laugh:

http://img53.exs.cx/img53/3581/SNAG-0420.jpg

:lol:

Undoubtedly a worthy cause tho'

:ph34r:

lynx
11-16-2004, 05:30 PM
You've got an 8Mb/s link? :blink:

manker
11-16-2004, 05:32 PM
You've got an 8Mb/s link? :blink:
It's theoretical, ukonline have just started an 8mb service, the post is in internet world.

TheDave
11-16-2004, 06:01 PM
i thought it would be good to go from a gamers perspective, i dont think a filesharing platform is a good place to shout from. an example: on bt broadband now you'd get 2 hours gameplay a month :dry:

Samurai
11-16-2004, 06:06 PM
i thought it would be good to go from a gamers perspective, i dont think a filesharing platform is a good place to shout from. an example: on bt broadband now you'd get 2 hours gameplay a month :dry:

I know. Just wanted my friends on here to sign up first. Going to move to some UK gamers in the next hour.

i dont think a filesharing platform is a good place to shout from

Hence the external petition site, and not links from this forum. Many users on here are quite passionate about this situation, not least myself.

TheDave
11-16-2004, 06:12 PM
should we restrt this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/TheDave/restartpetition.jpg

Mr. Mulder
11-16-2004, 06:17 PM
9 so far :01:

Although they may not take note of some of the comments? :unsure:

manker
11-16-2004, 06:23 PM
That's my real name :dry:

Edit: I would put money on no5 being Arcadia :lol:

Mr. Mulder
11-16-2004, 06:59 PM
:lol: ...It most certainly is not :dry:

I bet it's that Withcheese from number 48, he always looks like he's up to no good :shifty:

Samurai
11-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Ok. Who is Number 10. 'fess up, and your sins will be forgiven.

TheDave
11-16-2004, 07:14 PM
i have a plan. if george w bush signed it, tony blair would do his utmost to make caps illegal :shifty:

Samurai
11-16-2004, 07:23 PM
good idea. i'll wander into the whithouse to have a chat with the ol' man himself tomorrow

TheDave
11-16-2004, 07:27 PM
good idea. i'll wander into the whithouse to have a chat with the ol' man himself tomorrow

just get the boys who did the bin laden tape if you cant get directly at him

EtaunisniHtrad
11-16-2004, 07:27 PM
your father is George Bush? talk about your Luke Skywalker syndrome

Cheese
11-16-2004, 08:02 PM
I believe the reason their service, Uk Online, is so cheap is the cap.

Blueyonder's service is unlimited with 4mb speed by Jan 2005 (from 3mb) and 50 quid a month.

You pay 40 quid for that speed you get a crap cap.

http://t2p.dk/crap/cap.gif

TheDave
11-16-2004, 08:10 PM
supanet = 1024/256 @ 22.96 un capped

Mathea
11-16-2004, 09:01 PM
ill sign it if i can borrow someones address so it looks like im in england....

enoughfakefiles
11-16-2004, 09:08 PM
I`m glad some famous people signed it. :lol: :lol:

http://img68.exs.cx/img68/7520/Untitled-1copy103.jpg

I`m on NTL broad band which i dont think is capped because there was uproar when they tried to cap it.For the people who do have it capped what do they cap it at and how does it affect you when you reach your limit.Also if you don`t reach your download limit do they add that on the next month or day.???? :ph34r:

Samurai
11-16-2004, 09:21 PM
NTL is infact capped, because they were my last ISP and was one of the reasons why I left them. If they have not changed the TOS, then it'll be 1GB dl/up p/day.

I suggest you read your TOS if you didn't realise there's a cap, and no they don't 'rollover' your unused bandwidth... they're not t-mobile!

Samurai
11-16-2004, 09:26 PM
And thanks very much to those who contributed their PATHETIC, CHILDISH comments. I hope you feel proud that you've just fucked up somebody's work. Fucking morons. It's people like you who I'd really love to meet in the street. I bet the same people who posted these comments are 16 year old spotted pricks, who haven't had a girlfriend and feel it's macho to try and gain friends online at the expense of others.

I don't like using the word 'cunt' but I can't think of no better word to describe you fuckwits. I hope you fucking get run over tomorrow, you pieces of shit.

TheDave
11-16-2004, 09:34 PM
And thanks very much to those who contributed their PATHETIC, CHILDISH comments. I hope you feel proud that you've just fucked up somebody's work. Fucking morons. It's people like you who I'd really love to meet in the street. I bet the same people who posted these comments are 16 year old spotted pricks, who haven't had a girlfriend and feel it's macho to try and gain friends online at the expense of others.

I don't like using the word 'cunt' but I can't think of no better word to describe you fuckwits. I hope you fucking get run over tomorrow, you pieces of shit.
you'd feel really guilty if a petrol tanker crashed into a gep convention :lol: :lol:

DanB
11-16-2004, 09:35 PM
:huh:

Mathea
11-16-2004, 09:50 PM

erm sounds like ur the moron, considering u posted here, in the lounge.... thinking that it would get serious mature replies..... have you ever read a thread in the lounge before? :lol:

DanB
11-16-2004, 09:54 PM
I didnt take the piss :dry:

TheDave
11-16-2004, 09:55 PM
ii think i may start one and circulate it on gaming forums. but i'm kinda lazy:unsure:

Samurai
11-16-2004, 09:56 PM
erm sounds like ur the moron, considering u posted here, in the lounge.... thinking that it would get serious mature replies..... have you ever read a thread in the lounge before? :lol:

So by posting it in the Lounge is an excuse for this sort of behaviour.

Ok, just fucking remember that one, because I will.

Cheese
11-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Online petitions mean exactly jack.

I'd like to see one such petition that has ever made a real world difference. I think the most successful petition on that site was when Maddox linked to it on a petition to have his own site closed down.

Mathea
11-16-2004, 09:59 PM
So by posting it in the Lounge is an excuse for this sort of behaviour.

Ok, just fucking remember that one, because I will.

if that was an attempt at a threat its a poor one.... becuase everyone else seems to know that if you want to discuss something serious this is not the place to do it. also they dont get all bent out of shape about it

i hope u do remember it so we dont hear you whine next time

TheDave
11-16-2004, 09:59 PM
maybe we should all just get the rare ones like supanet. the way to make businesses seee sense is to take away there money.. simple and effective

Samurai
11-16-2004, 10:02 PM
Online petitions mean exactly jack.

I'd like to see one such petition that has ever made a real world difference. I think the most successful petition on that site was when Maddox linked to it on a petition to have his own site closed down.

Really??

Microsoft Apology
http://www.petitiononline.com/BAMMO49/petition_response.html

CNN Response
http://www.petitiononline.com/CNN1214/petition_response.html

Cheese
11-16-2004, 10:03 PM
maybe we should all just get the rare ones like supanet. the way to make businesses seee sense is to take away there money.. simple and effective

Yeah, the businesses don't listen to online petitions they listen to want the customer does. If everyone goes to uncapped services then ISP's who do cap might take notice. (At least more notice than a petition...)

Samurai
11-16-2004, 10:03 PM
if that was an attempt at a threat its a poor one.... becuase everyone else seems to know that if you want to discuss something serious this is not the place to do it. also they dont get all bent out of shape about it

i hope u do remember it so we dont hear you whine next time

I will dickhead!

Cheese
11-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Really??

Microsoft Apology

CNN Response

I stand by my original comment.

Mathea
11-16-2004, 10:06 PM
I will dickhead!
i hope thats a promise and you arent just saying it for my benefit :)

TheDave
11-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Really??

Microsoft Apology

CNN Response
still think boycotts are more efffective, i just fear i'm giving :D *supanet* (www.supanet.com):D all this publicity and once i'm in the middle of my contract they're gonna fuck me:dry:

DanB
11-16-2004, 10:08 PM
still think boycotts are more efffective, i just fear i'm giving :D *supanet* (www.supanet.com):D all this publicity and once i'm in the middle of my contract they're gonna fuck me:dry:

without lube too I bet :(

Mathea
11-16-2004, 10:09 PM
i seem to recall hearing that real men dont use lube :P

DanB
11-16-2004, 10:12 PM
i seem to recall hearing that real men dont use lube :P

:lol: So I've been told

Mathea
11-16-2004, 10:32 PM
poor missing geptard :crying:

DanB
11-16-2004, 10:34 PM
I don't even have access to him at the moment :(

Mathea
11-16-2004, 10:54 PM
yeah hes not up anymore.... i dunno if i even have him anymore... not that it would take much to bring him back

also no one is there... i went in earlier and was all by myself :(

DanB
11-16-2004, 10:54 PM
yeah hes not up anymore.... i dunno if i even have him anymore... not that it would take much to bring him back

also no one is there... i went in earlier and was all by myself :(

I don't even have it on my pc atm :ohmy:

Mathea
11-16-2004, 10:56 PM
lol i thought about it having just gotten my pc back (what a bad bad bad week thatwas :P) so i checked it out, changed the topic, then left

DanB
11-16-2004, 10:57 PM
lol i thought about it having just gotten my pc back (what a bad bad bad week thatwas :P) so i checked it out, changed the topic, then left

aww :(

Mathea
11-16-2004, 10:59 PM
yeah and im not an op anymore cuz i lost my nicks

Nikki! add Crystal to the sop again plz :)

manker
11-16-2004, 11:19 PM

16 year old spotted prick, sounds like an ornithology term :huh:

I do hope we haven't scared this dickhead away from the lounge. As the first poster of the PATHETIC CHILDISH comments I would like the opportunity to further interact with this social genius.

A 14 signature internet petition would surely have sorted the bandwidth cap issue out right away. Tis a shame.

Mathea
11-16-2004, 11:25 PM

I do hope we haven't scared this dickhead away from the lounge. As the first poster of the PATHETIC CHILDISH comments I would like the opportunity to further interact with this social genius.

A 14 signature internet petition would surely have sorted the bandwidth cap issue out right away. Tis a shame.
yeah manker, i hope ur proud of ruining everything you evil trend setter you

manker
11-16-2004, 11:28 PM
yeah manker, i hope ur proud of ruining everything you evil trend setter youI do wish people wouldn't emulate my pathetic childishness :blush:

:D

Mathea
11-16-2004, 11:35 PM
i think its cuz of ur cool socks.....

Samurai
11-16-2004, 11:35 PM

So it's fine for people to do what they have done, or is this because you yourself were involved? Somehow I think you would react differently if the tables were turned.

Mathea
11-16-2004, 11:37 PM
So it's fine for people to do what they have done, or is this because you yourself were involved? Somehow I think you would react differently if the tables were turned.
now, i can think of plenty of things to say about manker that are rude, some even downright mean....

but you are doing very well here... because manker isnt stupid enough to take any of this shit seriously... and he wouldnt piss and moan forever about it either

Rick Phlegm
11-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I'd be pissed if somebody screwed up my free petition.

5 minutes of work down the drain. :angry:

Mathea
11-16-2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I'd be pissed if somebody screwed up my free petition.

5 minutes of work down the drain. :angry:
hey!alot can be done in 5 minutes

manker
11-16-2004, 11:41 PM
So it's fine for people to do what they have done, or is this because you yourself were involved? Somehow I think you would react differently if the tables were turned.No I wouldn't give a shit.

It is fine for people to do what they did. You're upset, I'm amused. Which is more important.

Mathea
11-16-2004, 11:42 PM
No I wouldn't give a shit.

It is fine for people to do what they did. You're upset, I'm amused. Which is more important.
id like to put $20 on amusement plz

Rick Phlegm
11-16-2004, 11:44 PM
hey!alot can be done in 5 minutes
Indeed. I'm off to start a petition to cure world hunger.

I'm sure 12 signatures'll do it.

Samurai
11-16-2004, 11:44 PM
See - it's people like you who don't give a shit about other people who will become unstuck. I was trying to do a good thing. Trying to do something for people who are unhappy with the situation. Nice to know how much consideration you actually give others eh? Or maybe it's none of your concern because you're from New York and don't actually give a shit how other countries apart from the good ol' US of A are affected.

Cheese
11-16-2004, 11:45 PM
I'm gonna start a petition against my inevitable hangover tomorrow.

Mathea

hell, ill sign it three times.... just doing my part n all

Samurai

You're an idiot :dry:

Rick Phlegm
11-16-2004, 11:46 PM
Here's hoping the Pope and David Dickinson also provide their special endorsements.

@Samurai: You're thinking maybe 15 signatures? :huh:

Mathea
11-16-2004, 11:47 PM
See - it's people like you who don't give a shit about other people who will become unstuck. I was trying to do a good thing. Trying to do something for people who are unhappy with the situation. Nice to know how much consideration you actually give others eh? Or maybe it's none of your concern because you're from New York and don't actually give a shit how other countries apart from the good ol' US of A are affected.

unless that was directed solely at me and not manker as well, than you are even dumber than I originally thought.....

DanB
11-16-2004, 11:47 PM
fight fight fight :01:

TheDave
11-16-2004, 11:48 PM
i remember there was a petiton someone asked me to sign about the local chav cruise. some fucker stole my name which was invented a few generations back. i know it was stolen because none of my relatives would call a child zoe or live in pontefract:angry: