PDA

View Full Version : Lookie, they think I'm a target.

Hairbautt
11-18-2004, 02:59 AM
I got this in a email...Is this real? I mean I never download movies, so what the heck? Other stuff, well thats another story.

Isn't mail from AOL suppose to be blue?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/What.jpg

ICPJuggalo
11-18-2004, 03:03 AM
What program were you using? ALso, I doubt it's anything. I've had Comcast send me a similair message on bahalf of Sony Records Inc. for using WinMX on OpenNAP networks. I simply stopped using the open networks, and switched more to Bittorrent and havn't had any warnings since.

Hairbautt
11-18-2004, 03:13 AM
Kazaa-lite & Azureus with GoSupernova.

Yeah, I sent it to ROSREPORTS...I talked in Live Tech Chat they think its a scam from some Recording Industry trying to scare.

ICPJuggalo
11-18-2004, 03:20 AM
I wouldn't feel too safe with Kazaa personally, remember almost all the users in the RIAA lawsuits were Kazaa users. It may be a scam, or perhaps it's serious. I never took the time to find out.

Hairbautt
11-18-2004, 03:23 AM
Well, is there anything better than it for music? :huh:

And, I don't d/l movies...I think they're pointing the finger at everyone just because they're desperate. Havn't they lost ALOT of ground to catching people?

Well, anyways, I'll continue about my business... :whistling

RealitY
11-18-2004, 03:26 AM
Kazaa-lite & Azureus with GoSupernova
FFs Talk about High Profile like omfg...
:ohmy: :ohmy: :P :P

natedogg
11-18-2004, 03:28 AM
dont't be worried about its nothing

Hairbautt
11-18-2004, 03:30 AM
FFs Talk about High Profile like omfg...
:ohmy: :ohmy: :P :P
:D GoSupernova is just a search engine thing.
I never really use Azurues (SP?)...

So yeah, high profile :01: Whatya gonna do? :w00t:

Long live P2P. :devil: hehe...

dont't be worried about its nothing
:)

RealitY
11-18-2004, 03:34 AM
So yeah, high profile :01: Whatya gonna do? :w00t:
Anal Probe Time Sir...
:cool2: :cool2:

Filliz
11-18-2004, 04:50 AM
It's fake.

If it was real the letter would be 5 times as long,containing the exact date and exact filenames of what you supposedly downloaded.For starters.

You can always report the email to whoever deals with these kinds of things for impersonating someone they're not :01:

Samurai
11-18-2004, 06:14 AM
It's fake.

If it was real the letter would be 5 times as long,containing the exact date and exact filenames of what you supposedly downloaded.For starters.

You can always report the email to whoever deals with these kinds of things for impersonating someone they're not :01:

damn straight. it's libel :dry:

ICPJuggalo
11-18-2004, 02:06 PM
It's fake.

Yeah, he's right. Mine at least said a small list of Korn songs they downloaded from me and my WinMX user name, the IP for my router and all that. I wouldn't worry none.

nsane
11-18-2004, 09:35 PM
yeah, it would be even funnier if AOL sued the RIAA/MPAA for fraud/forgery (or whatever this falls under) :P

i mean, these companies are starting to act like they can do ANYTHING the want to scare people into their line of thinking. it's like a 6 yr. old not getting a new toy <_<

RPerry
11-20-2004, 07:49 AM
The icon in your mail-box would have been blue, not the whole e-mail

Hairbautt
11-20-2004, 11:12 AM
The icon in your mail-box would have been blue, not the whole e-mail
Yes & no. The icon should of been blue & the border of the entire email, not the font though.

I've yet to read the apology email from the master account... :devil: