PDA

View Full Version : Counter Strike Source - Beginners?

newcombe6
11-18-2004, 05:13 PM
evening all. just ought half life 2 and thought id start playing online counter strike having never really played it before

absolutely love it! but whats the best way of logging on to servers with only beginners on it? im pretty good at shooters but find the bigger maps full of clans you can regularly kick my arse! is there a way to find some average/beginner players and log on to those?

also whats the rules on joining maps with only two players? if you jump into one of these games you outnumber one of the teams? no-one has said anything but are you supposed to assume two people want to be left alone to have a scrap or is it the more the merrier?

also anyone fancy starting a team from these forums to have a bit of a mass scrap?

cheers for any help in advance

TheDave
11-18-2004, 05:18 PM
i just got it and i never played it either :D ;)

newcombe6
11-18-2004, 05:21 PM
well i wanted to see what all the fuss was about! give it a go dave - damn good laugh - just trying to find people of similar standard - hence this thread!

TheDave
11-18-2004, 05:22 PM
whats your name on steam?

mine is :ph34r: , and thats for anyone who's had enough of life:devil:

edit: maybe it's best not to put it on here. i payed £35 i dont want my account disabled

newcombe6
11-18-2004, 05:55 PM
good thinking probably mate! how come you had to pay? doesnt it come free with half life2, counter strike condition zero?

TheDave
11-18-2004, 05:59 PM
i had to pay for half life

AcID ZeR0
11-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Well I got it yesterday that was the first time I've ever played the Half-Life series

What I did for a good few hours is follow around the main group you have the C-Terrorists & the Terrorists people play the game in diffrent ways some are campers (Just sit about and wait) some go off on their own, most go around in a group.

If you follow the biggest group and basically learn what everyone does it comes in usefull I'm surprised they actually use tactics most online games you get people running around like headless chickens

Spectator mode is usefull too, But will get boring as it'll make you want to play it.

newcombe6
11-18-2004, 06:01 PM
gotcha - worth it though! quite impressed with it actually - thought the hype might be more than the game - hasent let me down yet!

have you messed about with the settings when youre logging on to games? is theyre a way to filter in only newcomers to the games do you know?

TheDave
11-18-2004, 06:03 PM
spectate might be a good idea but i dont wanna be a slot blocker

Tifosi
11-18-2004, 06:03 PM
have you messed about with the settings when youre logging on to games? is theyre a way to filter in only newcomers to the games do you know?

Look for a lot of people called "player" :lol:

newcombe6
11-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Well I got it yesterday that was the first time I've ever played the Half-Life series

What I did for a good few hours is follow around the main group you have the C-Terrorists & the Terrorists people play the game in diffrent ways some are campers (Just sit about and wait) some go off on their own, most go around in a group.

If you follow the biggest group and basically learn what everyone does it comes in usefull I'm surprised they actually use tactics most online games you get people running around like headless chickens

Spectator mode is usefull too, But will get boring as it'll make you want to play it.

yeah thats what i did for a while. i never know if youve joined a clan and youre pissing someones tactics up or whatever? i can normally hold my own (except against the uber players!) and its great to play in a group and clear out rooms and cover each other etc - best multiplayer game ive played online (and the only one ive played online avtually!)

newcombe6
11-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Look for a lot of people called "player" :lol:

thanks mate - good tip!

BawA
11-19-2004, 04:56 AM
start your own game and call some of your newbie dudes or u can invite some from forums.

cpt_azad
11-19-2004, 06:45 AM
what bawa said

damn, forgot how addicting this game was, i love source (1.5 was actually pretty good too)