PDA

View Full Version : Texans: Cross-dressing breeds Homosexuality

Loomis
11-18-2004, 08:45 PM
'Cross-Dressing' Out, Camouflage In

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Camouflage was in and cross-dressing was out at a rural East Texas school district after a Christian legal group complained a long-standing school tradition of reversing social roles for a day would promote homosexuality.

Students in Spurger, Texas were encouraged by school officials to wear camouflage hunting gear to class on Wednesday after they called off their annual "TWIRP Day" in which boys dressed as girls and vice versa.

The cross-dressing tradition began some years back as a kind of Sadie Hawkins Day where girls ask boys to go out on dates.

TWIRP stands for "The Woman Is Requested To Pay."

But Delana Davies, who has two children in the Spurger school, complained this year that the tradition could promote homosexuality and got the Liberty Legal Institute, a right-wing Christian legal group, to take up the cause.

"It might be fun today to dress up like a little girl -- kids think it's cute and things like that. And you start playing around with it and, like drugs, you do a little here and there (and) eventually it gets you," Davies told reporters.

"It is outrageous that a school in a small town in east Texas would encourage their 4-year-olds to be cross-dressers," institute litigation director Hiram Sasser said.

He sought and obtained permission from the district for the woman's children to stay out of school for the day.

School attorney Tanner Hunt told Reuters the Liberty group misrepresented TWIRP Day and made it sound sinister when it has always been innocent fun.

"I guarantee you nobody on the school board or in the administration ever had that cross their minds," Hunt said of the "cross-dressing" reference.

Sasser said it was not his intent to disparage the school.

"The district gets mad every time I say 'cross-dress,' but I don't know what other way to describe it," he told Reuters.

Because of the controversy, school officials decided to change Wednesday from TWIRP Day to Camouflage Day, in what Hunt described as a reference to the clothing hunters wear during deer-hunting season, which is going on now and is enormously popular in rural Texas.

Despite the change from TWIRP Day, Hunt said some of the students stuck to the old tradition and wore clothes of the opposite sex.

"I understand from the superintendent that some of the boys dressed in pink shorts anyway," he said.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=3GOVAYJZC3RVUCRBAEKSFFA?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=6855255

Sometimes, I struggle to comprehend humanity....

In true JP fashion: "Discuss"

Biggles
11-18-2004, 08:49 PM
We all have our obsessions and Mrs Davies clearly has hers. :)

DanB
11-18-2004, 08:49 PM
:lol:

how stupid can you get

vidcc
11-18-2004, 09:16 PM
seeing as this is in the lounge.

I have no problem with homosexuals...but we have enough ugly women in the world...do we need men to dress like them ? :lol:

I don't think i would let my children participate in such a tradition, but not because i think they will grow up gay....my daughters dress in "boy type clothes" all the time...i don't fear them becoming lesbian.... it's just silly.

NikkiD
11-18-2004, 09:24 PM
Indeed.

If your daughter wears denims, doc marten boots a t-shirt and a baseball cap is she a cross dresser. A bit grumpy perhaps, but not a transvesticator.

I'm a cross dresser? :ph34r:

Honestly, this is just a wee bit silly. I mean, they're talking about a school tradition, one bloody day, not a lifestyle change here.

I can't understand why a man would ever want to cross dress. Stockings? Heels? Makeup? Bras? Thongs? Hell most women in their right minds don't like wearing this crap. :rolleyes:

Afronaut
11-18-2004, 09:29 PM
Shhhh, I'm thinking.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn, it only quotes teh first...

Jon L. Obscene
11-18-2004, 09:43 PM
I can't understand why a man would ever want to cross dress. Stockings? Heels? Makeup? Bras? Thongs? Hell most women in their right minds don't like wearing this crap. :rolleyes:

:ph34r: Oh dear :helpsmili

Jonno :cool:

Mathea
11-18-2004, 10:10 PM
figures its in texas :lol: sad really.... like Nikki said, its one day.....

this woman really thinks that suddenly all those kids will "become" gay and the town of Spurger will die off due to the sudden lack of procreation? gimme a break

vidcc
11-18-2004, 10:14 PM
. Stockings? Heels? Makeup? Bras? Thongs? Hell most women in their right minds don't like wearing this crap. :rolleyes:
Who cares if women like wearing them :unsure: ..... MEN LIKE WOMEN WEARING THEM... some men may disagree but that's because they are fags :lol:

ruthie
11-18-2004, 10:22 PM
I guess they'd prefer a bunch of kids running around on camo gear? Will the wonders never cease.

vidcc
11-18-2004, 10:25 PM
I guess they'd prefer a bunch of kids running around on camo gear? Will the wonders never cease.
How do they find them ?:unsure:

ruthie
11-18-2004, 10:28 PM
LOL. Easy..they are hiding in the bushes with their toy guns and stuff.

Biggles
11-18-2004, 10:28 PM
How do they find them ?:unsure:

Perhaps that is the idea. :shifty:

vidcc
11-18-2004, 10:48 PM
sgt. "trooper...i didn't see you in camoflage class this morning"

trooper. "thank you sarge....it's nice to be acknowledged"

Rat Faced
11-18-2004, 11:09 PM
Its Texas... a .45 is a "Toy" gun ruthie :ph34r:

hobbes
11-18-2004, 11:10 PM
seeing as this is in the lounge.

I have no problem with homosexuals...but we have enough ugly women in the world...do we need men to dress like them ? :lol:

I don't think i would let my children participate in such a tradition, but not because i think they will grow up gay....my daughters dress in "boy type clothes" all the time...i don't fear them becoming lesbian.... it's just silly.

Childhood is the time to be silly, silly.

vidcc
11-18-2004, 11:16 PM
i am refering to this womans fear of them becoming homosexual being silly...not the children being silly :unsure:

on a side note it's generally accepted that transvestites are mostly hetrosexual men.... the point being that homosexuals generally want someone of the same sex, so why go for someone pretending to be the opposite sex :unsure:

Before busy come up with an instance of a gay transvestite not all transvestites are hetrosexual.....

hobbes
11-18-2004, 11:28 PM
i am refering to this womans fear of them becoming homosexual being silly...not the children being silly :unsure:

on a side note it's generally accepted that transvestites are mostly hetrosexual men.... the point being that homosexuals generally want someone of the same sex, so why go for someone pretending to be the opposite sex :unsure:

Before busy come up with an instance of a gay transvestite not all transvestites are hetrosexual.....

I thought you said you wouldn't let your kids participate because it was silly.

That woman is not silly, she is an imbecile.

I'm not allowed to look at the moon because Mom thinKs it will make me want to show me bum.

When I was a kid, I crossed my eyes, look at me now. :1eye: Mom was right.

vidcc
11-19-2004, 12:14 AM
i have no idea why kids believe a thing their parents tell them. Because parents lie constantly to them (myself included)
who hasn't heard the one...."if the wind changes direction your face will get stuck like that"

Not to mention (even though i am) the tooth fairy and santa.

My 5 year old daughter still thinks i have eyes in the back of my head, even though she has looked hard without success finding them...i told her they were shut...:shifty:

such a pity they have to grow up :(

Comic_Peddler
11-19-2004, 12:16 AM
You have to realize that East Texas is also the heart of the Bible Belt. Those people are NOT a good cross section of Texans in general.

Edit: I am from East Texas, so trust me on this one!

Biggles
11-19-2004, 12:19 AM
My mum told me that if my legs fell off I needn't come running to her.

Strange lady my mum :(

vidcc
11-19-2004, 12:26 AM
You have to realize that East Texas is also the heart of the Bible Belt. Those people are NOT a good cross section of Texans in general.

Edit: I am from East Texas, so trust me on this one!
it worries me that Margaret Spellings is now nationaly taking over education...are we going to see texan style sex education nationally? :dry:

Biggles
11-19-2004, 12:27 AM
it worries me that Margaret Spellings is now nationaly taking over education...are we going to see texan style sex education nationally? :dry:

Does this involve cactii at all?

vidcc
11-19-2004, 12:29 AM
Does this involve cactii at all?
lets just say no pricks are involved....at least not without marriage

Comic_Peddler
11-19-2004, 12:54 AM

I suredly hope you are not implying that the entirity of the Texas education system is poor, now are you? Yes, the public school system needs a lot of work, but this is the problem of having an independent school system instead of a public school system. Texas houses many fine private schools across the state.

The majority of the folks I attended school with have gone to be highly successful intellectually.

Loomis
11-19-2004, 02:34 PM
I must give Comic_Peddler full marks for his replies in this thread.

To be honest, the thread was named as such to attract attention. (Like I'm the first :P)
And to be even more honest, the only two Texans I have ever had (business) dealings with were highly intelligent and very amicable folks, thus disproving the common perception/stigma.

Although, I still stand by my belief that bible thumpers need to keep their values within their own groups, or those willing to listen to them, as they are not a global concensus on human rights, as some are led to believe. However, as C_P accurately pointed out, those most outspoken Texans are not the most numerous.

Important Note: Disregard above political-esque statement; This is the lounge. How easily we forget...;)

Also, thanks for the nod JPaul, 'twas for your and my enjoyment (and that of a few other so-called 'elders')

SpatulaGeekGirl
11-19-2004, 05:40 PM
Why did society even create cloths that are considered "boys clothes" and "girls clothes", why set yet another boundary? How can the things you wear to keep you warm and cover your body be considered "feminine" or "masculine"?

:confused:

vidcc
11-19-2004, 06:45 PM
How can the things you wear to keep you warm and cover your body be considered "feminine" or "masculine"?

As a parent that turned into a typical "what do they think they look like" sort of thinker when looking at younger fashions :whistling ( trust me i never though it would happen to me...and it will happen to you)..... i have to ask....how the heck do some of these "outfits" keep anything warm ?:unsure:

Mathea
11-19-2004, 06:48 PM
As a parent that turned into a typical "what do they think they look like" sort of thinker when looking at younger fashions :whistling ( trust me i never though it would happen to me...and it will happen to you)..... i have to ask....how the heck do some of these "outfits" keep anything warm ?:unsure:
they dont. its as simple as that :lol:

and dont let anyone argue otherwise! its a crock...

vidcc
11-19-2004, 06:50 PM
I suredly hope you are not implying that the entirity of the Texas education system is poor, now are you? Yes, the public school system needs a lot of work, but this is the problem of having an independent school system instead of a public school system. Texas houses many fine private schools across the state.

The majority of the folks I attended school with have gone to be highly successful intellectually.No i was refering to the "abstinence only" text books on birth control....i did specifically point to just that subject...... entirely seperate from "general education"...

it worries me that Margaret Spellings is now nationaly taking over education...are we going to see texan style sex education nationally?

ilw
11-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Why did society even create cloths that are considered "boys clothes" and "girls clothes", why set yet another boundary? How can the things you wear to keep you warm and cover your body be considered "feminine" or "masculine"?

its cos we live in a patriarchy so we get women to dress up in all sorts of impractical clothing for our enjoyment. :P

BigBank_Hank
11-19-2004, 08:19 PM
Some people just have nothing better to worry about.

This past Halloween there was a school somewhere in the U.S. that didn’t celebrate Halloween because is was disrespectful to actual witches. Disrespectful to witches?! Some people.

ruthie
11-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Another town in the South (surprise) wanted to change Holloween, which fell on sunday, because Sunday should not be a "day for the devil".

NikkiD
11-19-2004, 08:31 PM
Another town in the South (surprise) wanted to change Holloween, which fell on sunday, because Sunday should not be a "day for the devil".

Several towns in Eastern Canada actually did change Halloween to Saturday, because celebrating it on Sunday would have been anti-Christian.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2004/10/20/678134-cp.html

Biggles
11-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Several towns in Eastern Canada actually did change Halloween to Saturday, because celebrating it on Sunday would have been anti-Christian.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2004/10/20/678134-cp.html

:) It is, of course, up to Christians to decide when they wish to celebrate Samhain.

Strangelove
11-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Samhain.. :blink:

Merry Meet

Mathea
11-19-2004, 10:21 PM
i thought they "changed" halloween bc of school... as in so it didnt fall on a school night

argh, ppl just need something to piss and moan about i guess

Comic_Peddler
11-20-2004, 01:25 AM
NM, I will not leave what I typed here originally lest I be called brainwashed and in need of waking up.

manker
11-20-2004, 01:32 AM
NM, I will not leave what I typed here originally lest I be called brainwashed and in need of waking up.Wow, that must have been some fucked up prose :D

Comic_Peddler
11-20-2004, 01:41 AM
It involved Mexicans and Jews and a cow with two horns, green eyes, and a bell that went "Satan! Satan! Satan!" named Clarice.

Biggles
11-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Samhain.. :blink:

Merry Meet

:lol:

Indeed, Merry Meet.

Tis a home from home here.