PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Contains a Trojan Horse! Must Read!

krome
11-19-2004, 07:38 PM
http://megagames.com/news/html/console/mscracksdownonmoddedxboxconsoles.shtml
:unsure:

They are watching us :ph34r:

namzuf9
11-19-2004, 08:41 PM
More Information About New Xbox LIVE Ban System
>> Angerwound sent us new information about the new Xbox LIVE banning system.
Apparently Microsoft is now only banning the HDD-Key and not the Serial Number/Mac Address of the EEprom as before. This means that you do not need a whole new EEprom to get unbanned, but only a valid and non-banned HDD-Key.

So if your Xbox got banned you can unban it by unlocking your HD, change the HDD-Key in your EEprom (using configmagic or other EEprom tools) with a unbanned one from another EEprom (you can't just use a random key - it must be a valid one from a retail box), then just relock your HD and your Xbox will be unbanned. Even using an old banned EEprom and change it with an unbanned HDD-Key, will allow you to connect on LIVE. This has been tested for over a week and the xbox is still not banned. The box in question has been banned several times before as well as had it's live account terminated. Angerwound even tested it by putting random information on all other paramaters except the HDD-Key and it connected fine on LIVE.

This could have a great deal to do with why people are randomly getting banned now.
They had previously been using a valid serial number/Mac address but now the authentication servers do not want to validate their HDD Key.

The above information tells you how to get unbanned, but if you don't change anything to your setup it's likely you'll get banned again of course. At this moment we don't know yet what MS is all checking to ban an Xbox...
However, they are probably checking several things on the HD. So best thing you can do is to use your MS retail and untouched (no homebrew/hacked files) HD (don't forget to also unlock with old key/relock it with the new key) only to connect on LIVE.

Source. (http://www.xbox-scene.com/)

I dont think its just Halo 2 that allows M$ to snoop thiugh your Xbox, I'd assume all Live games have this capablity.

abu_has_the_power
11-20-2004, 12:49 AM
that's stupid. :angry:

ahctlucabbuS
11-20-2004, 01:06 AM
:shrug:

If you don't pay.... atleast you're getting games for free.

thecreator89
11-20-2004, 01:08 AM
that's stupid. :angry: What up Yo
You know who this is
By the way, Microsoft has too many enemies.
heard of eEye?
The head guy- he's one of Us "bad guys" who defected and now helps microsoft.
Really, WTF?!?!
But many otrhers like him will still work to thwart microsoft.
I can safely say that Xbox Live will be usable for any Xbox Whenever and Whatever

abu_has_the_power
11-20-2004, 01:11 AM
What up Yo
You know who this is
:blink: :huh: :huh:

thecreator89
11-20-2004, 01:13 AM
:blink: :huh: :huh: STat Class Fu:no:
YOu do'nt know me??:crying::crying:

S!X
11-20-2004, 01:28 AM
:crazy:

SingaBoiy
11-20-2004, 01:34 AM
More Information About New Xbox LIVE Ban System
>> Angerwound sent us new information about the new Xbox LIVE banning system.
Apparently Microsoft is now only banning the HDD-Key and not the Serial Number/Mac Address of the EEprom as before. This means that you do not need a whole new EEprom to get unbanned, but only a valid and non-banned HDD-Key.

So if your Xbox got banned you can unban it by unlocking your HD, change the HDD-Key in your EEprom (using configmagic or other EEprom tools) with a unbanned one from another EEprom (you can't just use a random key - it must be a valid one from a retail box), then just relock your HD and your Xbox will be unbanned. Even using an old banned EEprom and change it with an unbanned HDD-Key, will allow you to connect on LIVE. This has been tested for over a week and the xbox is still not banned. The box in question has been banned several times before as well as had it's live account terminated. Angerwound even tested it by putting random information on all other paramaters except the HDD-Key and it connected fine on LIVE.

This could have a great deal to do with why people are randomly getting banned now.
They had previously been using a valid serial number/Mac address but now the authentication servers do not want to validate their HDD Key.

The above information tells you how to get unbanned, but if you don't change anything to your setup it's likely you'll get banned again of course. At this moment we don't know yet what MS is all checking to ban an Xbox...
However, they are probably checking several things on the HD. So best thing you can do is to use your MS retail and untouched (no homebrew/hacked files) HD (don't forget to also unlock with old key/relock it with the new key) only to connect on LIVE.
I think thats great news. If I had Live and my main drive got detected and banned, I would just pop in my old one and remove the softmod. :cool2:

cpt_azad
11-20-2004, 01:46 AM
STat Class Fu:no:
YOu do'nt know me??:crying::crying:
:unsure:

cpt_azad
11-20-2004, 01:47 AM
I think thats great news. If I had Live and my main drive got detected and banned, I would just pop in my old one and remove the softmod. :cool2:
excellent point, thank god i softmodded, and it was all thanks to you singa :01: now lets all STFU and GTFO :)

c0ld c0d3r
11-22-2004, 12:50 AM
even though this may not be a problem to most XBL gamers/modders. it can be a problem for those of us who play on XBL with there modded xbox's. as for there being a trojan inside the game i wouldn't doubt it. i'm not sure how legal this is but it's possible. as for SingaBoisy this is not great news. it's another antempt by microsoft to rewen the revenue they get from modded xbox's. it was fine when they just banned people when they played on hacked microsoft bios. i'm prolly just talking out of my ass so don't take it to seriously.

c0ld c0d3r
11-22-2004, 12:54 AM
hey azad i didn't get to read your last post. in my opinion soft mod's arn't the greatest unless u have 2 xbox's. i'd recommend getting a generation 4 mod chip such as the xenium ICE because it is very easy to enable/disable the mod chip for online play as long as your using the xecuter bios that prevent connecting to xbox live. i have been using the xecuter bios for a long time and am very impressed because there's not point in replacing your hardrive. waste of time in my opinion. this is just from my experience. after all mod chips do cost money

SingaBoiy
11-22-2004, 12:56 AM
as for SingaBoisy this is not great news. it's another antempt by microsoft to rewen the revenue they get from modded xbox's. it was fine when they just banned people when they played on hacked microsoft bios. i'm prolly just talking out of my ass so don't take it to seriously.
This is great news. I have a few extra hd's laying around (sorry bout that HCG). Since it doesnt ban the Eeprom but the hd, I can simply put in one of the extras I have and take the softmod off of it.

c0ld c0d3r
11-22-2004, 01:02 AM
i understand that it is great news for you but for you typical modder it's not