PDA

View Full Version : Well, you chose him..

Strangelove
11-19-2004, 09:47 PM
He bankrupted every company that he was ever in charge of, and gave you a record deficit from a surplus when he came in...

Now he's Bankrupting the USA's Current Account... :lol:

Speaking at the European Banking Congress in Frankfurt, Greenspan acknowledged that the U.S. couldn't count on the world's munificence forever. Thank to the U.S. consumer's appetite to buy exports with borrowed funds and the government's inability to balance its budget, the country is running up a record current account deficit. Foreign investors are plugging the gap to the tune of $2.6 billion a day.

Clickety Click (http://www.thestreet.com/_googlen/comment/aaronpressman/10195443.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEN&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA)

vidcc
11-19-2004, 10:04 PM
tell us something we don't know

Strangelove
11-19-2004, 10:09 PM
tell us something we don't know

Europeans have Sex Lives; Americans and Englishmen have Hot Water Bottles

vidcc
11-19-2004, 10:22 PM
don't make me repeat myself :lol:

Strangelove
11-19-2004, 10:40 PM
The English have an extraordinary ability for flying into a great calm.

3RA1N1AC
11-20-2004, 06:08 AM
WHAT? you CAN'T borrow & spend indefinitely? the fabric of reality is tearing all topsy-turvy! O_o

sounds like it's time for a bit of so-called "identity theft." maybe the u.s. could steal canada's identity and use it to open a new line of credit?

cpt_azad
11-20-2004, 08:42 AM
@braniac:

never!! i shall stop thee w/ my weapons of unthinkable power (WUP) :ph34r:

Strangelove
11-25-2004, 09:15 PM
Or did you choose him?

Why we dont accept him as "Leader of the Free World" (http://www.anywhichway.net/staticpages/index.php/votergate-low)

cpt_azad
11-26-2004, 11:25 PM
the day he becomes the leader of the free world is the day i'm packing up and leaving earth, even if it's not possible :ph34r:

Strangelove
11-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Link fixed :blushing:

Strangelove
11-26-2004, 11:46 PM
"There's just a lot of allegations of vote fraud that place their elections, the validity of their elections, in doubt," Bush said. "The international community is watching very carefully. People are paying very close attention to this, and hopefully it'll be resolved in a way that brings credit and confidence to the Ukrainian government."

Kettle - Black

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rat Faced
12-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Or did you choose him?

Why we dont accept him as "Leader of the Free World" (http://www.anywhichway.net/staticpages/index.php/votergate-low)

Im surprised busyman hasnt commented on that
:lol:

j2k4
12-02-2004, 10:09 PM
It'd be nice if someone else would lead the free world for a while.

We have too much of your dirty work to do to be fussed with such a trifle.

vidcc
12-03-2004, 01:11 AM
It'd be nice if someone else would lead the free world for a while.

We have too much of your dirty work to do to be fussed with such a trifle.
i think recent events have shown quite clearly...we don't lead the free world, we just think we do

j2k4
12-03-2004, 08:23 AM
i think recent events have shown quite clearly...we don't lead the free world, we just think we do

Oh, quite right; we're just "The Talk of the Town", I guess... :huh:

vidcc
12-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Oh, quite right; we're just "The Talk of the Town", I guess... :huh:with that I agree.

To lead one needs followers, and frankly everyone just does what suits them, if they don't agree they just don't follow.

One could argue that the USA follows the UN, but then it doesn't if it disagrees.

If the USA is the "leader of the free world", the free world should have been invited to vote in the past elections

Calling the president the leader of the free world is an American thing...and Americans (generalization) believe he is. This is all part of what other nations see as America's arrogance...along with the "the usa is the greatest nation on earth" bit...
The USA IS a great country, it's not perfect but it is great... we just have to understand that others will not agree

:)

Sid Hartha
12-03-2004, 03:58 PM
He bankrupted every company that he was ever in charge of, and gave you a record deficit from a surplus when he came in...

Now he's Bankrupting the USA's Current Account... :lol:

51% of Americans are OK with this.

bujub22
12-03-2004, 04:08 PM
51% of Americans are OK with this.
:no:

j2k4
12-03-2004, 08:47 PM
with that I agree.

To lead one needs followers, and frankly everyone just does what suits them, if they don't agree they just don't follow.

One could argue that the USA follows the UN, but then it doesn't if it disagrees.

If the USA is the "leader of the free world", the free world should have been invited to vote in the past elections

Calling the president the leader of the free world is an American thing...and Americans (generalization) believe he is. This is all part of what other nations see as America's arrogance...along with the "the usa is the greatest nation on earth" bit...
The USA IS a great country, it's not perfect but it is great... we just have to understand that others will not agree

:)

I do understand, believe me; their point couldn't be more clear.

I have no quarrel with sincere and well-thought-out disagreement; I am merely compelled on occasion to address some misapprehensions and ill-founded beliefs. :D

sArA
12-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Europeans have Sex Lives; Americans and Englishmen have Hot Water Bottles

Speak for your bloody self matey!!!

Ahhhhhhhh....sigh....what a great day I had.... ;)

j2k4
12-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Speak for your bloody self matey!!!

Ahhhhhhhh....sigh....what a great day I had.... ;)

Good for you, Sara.

Sounds like you got some...

I've had a "great" day, too. ;)

Rat Faced
12-04-2004, 12:50 AM
Sara is a hot water bottle.... :rolleyes:

j2k4
12-04-2004, 01:33 AM
Sara is a hot water bottle.... :rolleyes:

I'll go along with the "hot" part. :D