PDA

View Full Version : My First Casualty Of War

puremindmatters
03-29-2003, 09:55 AM
:huh: Last night I had a genuine casualty of war (this is true): When I tried to switch from BBC world to CNN my TV set blew.

I am not sure whether I should blame midget Iraqi guerilla who tried to prevent me from getting the American view of things, or the extraordinarily balanced content of CNN which might have induced my TV-set to commit suicide.

In any case, for the time being I can draw on my reserves (TV card), but hopefully soon I will be able to launch a counter-attack on the nearest shop and hijack a widescreen TV! ;)

j2k4
04-01-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by puremindmatters@29 March 2003 - 10:55
:huh: Last night I had a genuine casualty of war (this is true): When I tried to switch from BBC world to CNN my TV set blew.

I am not sure whether I should blame midget Iraqi guerilla who tried to prevent me from getting the American view of things, or the extraordinarily balanced content of CNN which might have induced my TV-set to commit suicide.

In any case, for the time being I can draw on my reserves (TV card), but hopefully soon I will be able to launch a counter-attack on the nearest shop and hijack a widescreen TV! ;)
Puremind-Could be this equation applies:

BIG SCREEN=BIG PICTURE

What we wouldn't give for that, huh?