PDA

View Full Version : Seeding and Torrent sites

S!X
11-20-2004, 10:23 AM
How safe is it seeding? and on loki torrent and torrent bits it shows my ip under my profile for everyone to see? now that isnt a good thing is it?:ph34r: :(

Kokanee
11-20-2004, 03:41 PM
When you see your IP in your profile, only you and admin can see your IP. It's not for public display. No worries, it's not posted to the general public.

S!X
11-20-2004, 06:43 PM
Nice:)

Afronaut
11-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Well, I can see your IP here.

:devil:
:ph34r:

:1eye:

Its for the Ban purposes, if a user gets too kinky,
gotta have some means to disable it,
that stuff is on most forums, for Mods andAdmins.

{I}{K}{E}
11-20-2004, 11:35 PM
How safe is it seeding? and on loki torrent and torrent bits it shows my ip under my profile for everyone to see? now that isnt a good thing is it?:ph34r: :(

Only you and the admins of that site can see your IP on that page.

bittorrent isnt save... if you download or upload everyone who is connected to the same torrent can see your IP.

AcID ZeR0
11-21-2004, 02:10 AM

Basically if you download or upload copyrighted material with any program your going to be displaying your IP which is always a risk one way or another, However in some respects it really doesn't matter because if someone wanted your IP bad enough say the MPAA for example; They'll get it regardless.
Just use peerguardian and keep it updated daily for an extra peace of mind.

S!X
11-23-2004, 05:32 AM
O well i uploaded a torrent on a forum for a file someone requested and there should be enought copies out there that i dont have to seed it anymore:ph34r:

G2k1boy
11-24-2004, 06:42 AM
but most of the time, those people with completed copies don't seed, which messed up the whole concept. so usually i seed for two-three days.