PDA

View Full Version : Impeach Bush

atiVidia
11-20-2004, 11:14 PM
http://impeachbush.pephost.org/site/PageServer?pagename=VTI_articles

This isnt a joke.

Comic_Peddler
11-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Even as an anti-Bush individual, I think this is just silly. These folks seriously need to get a job, get a hobby, masturbate, get a friend.

ZaZu
11-20-2004, 11:33 PM
This isnt a joke.
Yes it is :dry:

ahctlucabbuS
11-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Well they do have a point. . .

Bill Clinton gets impeached for lying about his private matters, while Bush gets away with lying about WMD causing an unknown number of casualties as a consequence. . .

Where's the logic?

Comic_Peddler
11-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Clinton was impeached for perjury before the grand jury and obstruction.

Edit: I apologize, when I read your post I was thinking you said his private parts. :-P

Biggles
11-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Also Clinton, as I recall, was unsuccessfully impeached.

A more effective approach would be to simply throw peaches at Mr Bush. :)

Comic_Peddler
11-20-2004, 11:52 PM
Also Clinton, as I recall, was unsuccessfully impeached.

A more effective approach would be to simply throw peaches at Mr Bush. :)

He was in fact impeached, just not removed from office.

Strangelove
11-20-2004, 11:52 PM
Or Pretzils might be better..

Biggles
11-20-2004, 11:53 PM
What are the penalties if removal from office does not occur?

Comic_Peddler
11-20-2004, 11:54 PM
What are the penalties if removal from office does not occur?

Paula Jones

Biggles
11-20-2004, 11:56 PM
Paula Jones

Harsh but fair.

ahctlucabbuS
11-20-2004, 11:56 PM
In any case, I don't see how lying before the UN as to get world support on false grounds for a war which will cause massive casualties (in modern wars 70 percent or so of the victims is civilians) is any different moraly than, again, lying about his private matters (be it in court or not).

Infact I'd say it's worse.

Legally it's a different matter I'm sure.

edit: your edit about his "private parts" got to me. . . editet out :lol:

Comic_Peddler
11-20-2004, 11:58 PM
I am rather sure that more than a few lies make it before the UN across the board.

ahctlucabbuS
11-21-2004, 12:02 AM
I am rather sure that more than a few lies make it before the UN across the board.

As is the case of the courts. Still the difference between the consequence of the two lies is clear; human lives.

Comic_Peddler
11-21-2004, 12:04 AM
As is the case of the courts. Still the difference between the consequence of the two lies is clear; human lives.

So, if you get rid of one for lieing, should you not get rid of the others that have and are still lieing as well? Methinks the halls of the UN would be mighty empty than.

P.S., I just realized my sig humps to the beat of Gun's N Roses "Welcome To The Jungle"....

Biggles
11-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Quite what the purient obsession with the sexual activities of our leaders has to do with the price of fish is anybodies guess. It seems to be a peculiarly Puritan thing though and is common in the UK also. The French tend to take a dim view of politicians that do not indulge in such activities, suspecting them of taking an unhealthy interest in politics and power.

vidcc
11-21-2004, 12:36 AM
Clinton was impeached for perjury before the grand jury and obstruction.

The House did not find enough evidence to impeach Clinton on those charges.

Clinton was not impeached for his statements to the grand jury. He was impeached for his statements to Kenneth Starr about what he said to the grand jury.

And in the end he was found...NOT GUILTY

Comic_Peddler
11-21-2004, 12:45 AM
The House did not find enough evidence to impeach Clinton on those charges.

Clinton was not impeached for his statements to the grand jury. He was impeached for his statements to Kenneth Starr about what he said to the grand jury.

And in the end he was found...NOT GUILTY

Taken from BBC News, December 19, 1998:

"William Jefferson Clinton has become only the second president in the history of the United States to be impeached.

The first vote was 228 to 206 in favour of impeaching President Clinton for perjury in front of a grand jury. Congressmen also passed another charge on obstruction of justice by 221 to 212.

However, he will not yet be removed from office.

Both votes were split down partisan lines, with only five Republicans abandoning their party in the first instance.

The House also voted down two other articles which accused Mr Clinton of perjury in the Paula Jones civil case and abuse of power.

On a count of 435 members, 218 votes are needed for a majority.

Earlier, the White House affirmed that Mr Clinton will not resign in the event of an impeachment vote. He is expected to address the American people later on Saturday.

Constitutional procedure states that Mr Clinton must now go to the Senate for a full-scale trial that could last anything between a few days and several months."

vidcc
11-21-2004, 12:48 AM
for comic (http://www.osmond-riba.org/lis/essay_impeach.htm)

Comic_Peddler
11-21-2004, 12:50 AM
So.....someone's personal website has more cred than the BBC?

Just looking at that woman sends the chills down my back.

vidcc
11-21-2004, 12:57 AM
So.....someone's personal website has more cred than the BBC?

Just looking at that woman sends the chills down my back.
i'm not saying anyone has more credibility... i am saying that he was impeached because of what he told Starr about what he said to the grand jury.. all the links to the actual sources and the actual reports are at the bottom of the essay. Your story is correct in the votes etc. but it isn't completely accurate. It is a summary

Comic_Peddler
11-21-2004, 12:59 AM
Just to make it clear, we agree that he was in fact impeached, and Biggles is a doo doo head. :-P

vidcc
11-21-2004, 01:06 AM
yes he was impeached..then aquitted....i just wanted to set the record straight about the history of it.

As for Biggles i will not agree with you rather let him make his own response

3RA1N1AC
11-21-2004, 04:30 AM
impeachment won't happen when the president is supported by a majority in congress.

unfortunately the impeachment process wasn't designed as well as it probably should have been. it's basically a parliament-style vote of confidence, conducted under the pretense of being a proper criminal trial. for example: virtually any u.s. president could be properly removed from office for accepting bribes, since doling out political favors in exchange for campaign donations is just a polite form of bribery, right? but does every president get impeached? no, 'cause it's not necessarily about whether he's done wrong or whether he takes bribes or tells lies. it's about his popularity among the congressmen, who are responsible for starting the impeachment process and deciding its outcome.

ideally the congressmen should act as impartial investigators and jurors. but in the realistic absence of impartiality, the impeachment process runs a high risk of amounting to little more than a vote of confidence preceded by a bit of lawyerly posturing. you'd expect the votes, then, to split along party lines or political allegiances... which is what happened, apparently, with the bill clinton impeachment.

that's not to say that the clinton impeachment was more or less frivolous than any other impeachment would be. i mean that impeachment is based on a defective premise: that the trial can be started & decided fairly by a jury which is almost certainly biased, which almost certainly has a conflict of interest, and that it will be essentially different from a vote of confidence.

spinningfreemanny
11-21-2004, 05:23 AM
The vote in the house impeached him: he was impeached no matter if it was right or not.

The vote in the Senate on if he were to be charged failed due to "lack of evidence" or actually the lack of republicans.

Thus he finished out his term.

EDIT: nvm, you guys are pretty fast... :shifty:

3RA1N1AC
11-21-2004, 06:08 AM
yeh. and if bush were to be subjected to an impeachment, it'd be a political circus rather than a criminal investigation, and he'd prolly get off by a slim margin due to a shortage of democrats. :D

ziggyjuarez
11-21-2004, 07:23 AM
:lol: you crack me up

Biggles
11-21-2004, 12:43 PM
Just to make it clear, we agree that he was in fact impeached, and Biggles is a doo doo head. :-P

:huh: The arcane intricacies of the US impeachment system hold limited interest to me. However, the man is still feted in US society in a way Nixon was not.

As to being a doo doo head - well my kids tell me this all the time, so it must be true. :(

Strangelove
11-21-2004, 01:39 PM
:lol:

>K. RICHARD$<
11-26-2004, 03:16 AM
The same stupid shit, no sense in trying to teach the death to hear.

Everose
11-26-2004, 03:28 AM
Even as an anti-Bush individual, I think this is just silly. These folks seriously need to get a job, get a hobby, masturbate, get a friend.

I think they did all of the above, Comic, by starting this website. Can you imagine all the money they will make off of these products they are peddling?

Comic_Peddler
11-26-2004, 05:13 AM
I did like the 3, count them, 3 give us money links on the front page. "Give us money for our business so we can fight the business president", yeah, makes lots of sense.