PDA

View Full Version : Shareaza and its queues...

Bebi
11-21-2004, 06:25 PM
when in shareaza I get thrown into queues of like 8000... and when I actually get some downloading power it does not last for more then 10 minutes then im back in queue city... this is very annoying am I using the program wrong or something

also when it says I am connected to 17 sources when I drop down the list only like 3 are connected

Aaron_T
11-21-2004, 08:14 PM
a lot of networks are like this, in my experience nothing can be done about it :(

Barbarossa
11-22-2004, 09:28 AM
If possible, try downloading files where the source isn't EDonkey2000.

Thats where the biggest queues seem to be.

Also, Shareaza seems to have a strange way of cycling queues, I presume it's to allow more people to download partial bits of files quicker, which are then shared, allowing for the quicker dissemination of files (although it can be a bit annoying, yes, if you can only find a couple of sources) so as with all p2p files, try to get the files with the most sources, for the best results. :)

cpt_azad
11-22-2004, 11:15 AM
since i haven't tried shareaza yet, i won't comment. try BT, but since everyone WINK WINK knows about BT WINK, i guess you've already tried it or don't like it or something WINK. try Ares, very good program, virtually no queues (too date i haven't gotten queued on Ares). or you can try BT WINK. ;)

Bebi
11-22-2004, 11:57 AM
I have bt and use it just alot of good old files are on SE and not bt.