PDA

View Full Version : Help

numba1xclusive
11-22-2004, 01:19 AM
I'm at a bit of a pitfall....I bought G-cube at a time right after N64 when I thought Nintendo was the greatest thing ever...now I realize its a piece of crap, and instead of beating it to pieces, I wanna trade it in for an Xbox or PS2...which is better....I realize Xbox Live is involved, but I dont have Cable....or DSL for that matter...input would be greatly appreciated

SingaBoiy
11-22-2004, 01:25 AM
The xbox is more powerful and you can do alot more things with it (softmod, xbox media center, play divx/xvid/avi/mpg/quicktime/etc movies). Both of them have alot of very good games out.

The new pstwo looks great, and is also easy to play burned games on. I think it comes down to which games you wanna play most. I think I would get the xbox.

I can set you up with one with a 200 GB harddrive (or bigger/smaller) and 100+ games on it. ;)

TheDave
11-22-2004, 01:31 AM
as you think the gamecube is crap i'd recommend a ps2, you get plenty of innovative and original games like mary-kate and ashley and tomb raider:yeah,we-killed-her-before-realising-we-can-still-milk-this-nonsense

sorry i get touchy when people diss nintendo :blush:

numba1xclusive
11-22-2004, 01:37 AM
as you think the gamecube is crap i'd recommend a ps2, you get plenty of innovative and original games like mary-kate and ashley and tomb raider:yeah,we-killed-her-before-realising-we-can-still-milk-this-nonsense

sorry i get touchy when people diss nintendo :blush:
But isnt nintendo coming out with some Donkey Konga crap?

orcutt989
11-22-2004, 01:41 AM
ps2 has san andreas

TheDave
11-22-2004, 01:44 AM
pc will have in may

newcombe6
11-22-2004, 01:46 AM
no, the ps2 has a really crappy version of san andreas. have you ever seen a ps2 vice city and a half decent pc vice city running next to each other? youd be so depressed youd give away your ps2 to the next guy that knocked on the door!

as a 3d modeller myself, i can honestly say that the ps2 is easily the worst of the 3 big consoles in terms of graphics architecture and hardware design.its only saving grace is the ease you can code on it - and that you can play copied games if you want

its a credit to sonys marketing department (and game exclusive contracts) that they sell so well - cos in truth the machine is awful

thought id chuck in my two pence worth. and while the nintendo bashing goes on - ill happilly sit back and play resident evil 4, metroid prime 2 and the new zelda while i wait for san andreas on the pc next summer.....

TheDave
11-22-2004, 01:49 AM
is metroid prime 2 good? i really wanted to like the first but my brain cant handle platformer controls in an fps :(

newcombe6
11-22-2004, 01:57 AM
it dont look bad - i really liked the first one though. controls a bit of a pain when youre used to pc fps - but they have half decent presets so it aint too bad. looks very good techincally and been getting good previews so fingers crossed!

its res evil 4 im really looking forward to - fantastic in every way from what ive seen of it

SingaBoiy
11-22-2004, 02:07 AM
no, the ps2 has a really crappy version of san andreas. have you ever seen a ps2 vice city and a half decent pc vice city running next to each other? youd be so depressed youd give away your ps2 to the next guy that knocked on the door!

as a 3d modeller myself, i can honestly say that the ps2 is easily the worst of the 3 big consoles in terms of graphics architecture and hardware design.its only saving grace is the ease you can code on it - and that you can play copied games if you want

its a credit to sonys marketing department (and game exclusive contracts) that they sell so well - cos in truth the machine is awful

thought id chuck in my two pence worth. and while the nintendo bashing goes on - ill happilly sit back and play resident evil 4, metroid prime 2 and the new zelda while i wait for san andreas on the pc next summer.....
If someone wants to dish out $500 or more a year to be able to keep up with the devolopers for pc games, sure go ahead and get a pc. If you wanna spend $300 every 4 years for a console, you will be making the smart decision. So please, no console bashing.

newcombe6
11-22-2004, 02:13 AM
not console bashing - merely ps2 bashing! consoles do many things pc struggle with (ie mario party, streetfighter 2,fifa etc)

and vice city used to run great on my old shitty pc - that was bought for £190 3 years ago!

just think ps2 over-rated i suppose - why would you get one over an xbox these days? they both play copies if thats youre thing, the prices are vaguely the same (in uk anyway, dont know bout usa?), and its a far superior machine?

aside from the very good exclusive game licenses sony buy of course (san andreas, gran tursimo, tekken etc)?

numba1xclusive
11-22-2004, 02:44 AM
the only thing i'm considered bout is that Xbox 2 is coming next year, while PS3 is coming 2006..soo