PDA

View Full Version : Do You Believe That George W. Bush Stole Election of 2000??

tesco
11-22-2004, 01:58 AM
I'm sure there has been a poll like this before but I want to know thoughts of the current members. :)

vidcc
11-22-2004, 03:03 AM
2 no
i don't think he stole the election by fraud if that was implied, but he didn't win it by the popular vote.... this time he did, but if kerry had about 160,000 more votes he would have become president even with less national votes

tesco
11-22-2004, 03:06 AM
Stealing being like the whole fake felons list in florida, confusing ballots, etc.

BigBank_Hank
11-22-2004, 03:53 AM
Rosco you really need to stop believing everything that Michael Moore says. He and his nut job friends are one of the factors that lost Kerry the election.

vidcc
11-22-2004, 05:22 AM
Rosco you really need to stop believing everything that Michael Moore says. He and his nut job friends are one of the factors that lost Kerry the election.
the disenfanchising happened...not because moore said it did, however the question was did BUSH steal the election and i don't think he was guilty of any wrong doing. This doesn't mean that none of his supporters are innocent.

Even with this election errors were made, but it's not attributable to the candidates.

100%
11-22-2004, 09:10 AM
I want
Proof
Evidence
Facts
and if prooved there was naughtiness
there must be a punishment

tesco
11-22-2004, 12:53 PM
hence the poll. :rolleyes:

wait...how did moore lose kerry the election? :huh: I've not heard that one before. :unsure:

zapjb
11-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Yes & 2004 as well.

BigBank_Hank
11-22-2004, 04:40 PM
hence the poll. :rolleyes:

wait...how did moore lose kerry the election? :huh: I've not heard that one before. :unsure:

Moore is nut job and is on the far left of the political spectrum. In a time where everyone in the country is on alert and cautious of another terrorist attack Moore came out and said that there is no threat of terrorism. John Kerry’s inability to distance himself form people like that played a role in him losing. In fact during his Democratic Convention Moore was in attendance sitting next to former President Jimmy Carter. Things like that raised a lot of eyebrows.

vidcc
11-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Moore is nut job and is on the far left of the political spectrum. In a time where everyone in the country is on alert and cautious of another terrorist attack Moore came out and said that there is no threat of terrorism. John Kerry’s inability to distance himself form people like that played a role in him losing. In fact during his Democratic Convention Moore was in attendance sitting next to former President Jimmy Carter. Things like that raised a lot of eyebrows.
perhaps people that worry about supporters more than the candidate need to ask themselves if they are concentrating on the right things....i don't know one person that thought moore is an issue...apart from people that would vote bush no matter what

BigBank_Hank
11-22-2004, 06:55 PM
Well if he doesn’t separate himself from people like Moore then to me they have the same beliefs.

Busyman
11-22-2004, 07:50 PM
I believe Bush stole the election. I don't care about this "guiltyness".

The election was swayed in his favor illegally. He benefited, he stole it.

I believe MCVIV for this election as well. I really don't believe that many Americans were that stupid enough seeing that the last election was actually closer and Bush did nothing right (besides besides making the rich a little richer).

Biggles
11-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Not sure on the stolen issue - something didn't look quite right but it is water under the bridge now.

However, I heard something about Ohio on the radio the other day about a much higher percentage of valid provisional votes than first thought. Are they still counting votes out there and is it still relevant? :blink:

vidcc
11-22-2004, 11:14 PM
Well if he doesn’t separate himself from people like Moore then to me they have the same beliefs.
if you are going to take that stance hank then you have to accept that every single mischief done by republicans is directtly attributable to bush...which would take away my arguement that Bush didn't steal the 2000 election.

If Kerry spent all his time seperating himself from others he would have had n o time to talk about any issue...the same goes for Bush.

Strangelove
11-22-2004, 11:31 PM
I think the Far Right supported Bush...

People like the KKK, and various TV Religious persons that scam a lot of money off a lot of people, plus various CEO's of companies under investigation of fraud...

As Bush doesnt seperate himself from his supporters, they have the same beliefs (as you stated)... and you voted for him...

TheDave
11-23-2004, 12:33 AM
all men are equal, but some are more equal than others:whistling

edited: the situation bares no relation to animal farm but my point is why should a person's vote count more or less depending on where they live?

tesco
11-23-2004, 12:44 AM

edited: the situation bares no relation to animal farm but my point is why should a person's vote count more or less depending on where they live?
hehe.
good book.

vidcc
11-23-2004, 01:29 AM
@ hank

Bob Jones III of Bob Jones University in Greenville, South Carolina, wrote the president a letter. "Dear Mr. President: In your re-election, God has graciously granted America--though she doesn't deserve it--a reprieve from the agenda of paganism. You have been given a mandate. ...Don't equivocate. Put your agenda on the front burner and let it boil. You owe the liberals nothing. They despise you because they despise your Christ. ... If you have weaklings around you who do not share your biblical values, shed yourself of them."

didn't hear any distancing.
source (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6531547/)

TheDave
11-23-2004, 01:54 AM
that worries me. i think the whole axis of evil thing may be another christian conquest. in which case... we're doomed

Busyman
11-23-2004, 02:04 AM

Read up on the electoral college then comeback to us.

TheDave
11-23-2004, 02:09 AM

ok, let me put it this way if the populer vote doesn't win. thats not democracy, it is biased

Busyman
11-23-2004, 02:12 AM
ok, let me put it this way if the populer vote doesn't win. thats not democracy, it is biased
Read up on our government and the election of our politicians. It's not a democracy. Explain the bias btw.

Cheese
11-23-2004, 02:16 AM

america isn't a democracy.

TheDave
11-23-2004, 02:26 AM
why should a swing state with 51%-49% competition have more sway than an 80%-20%.

thats unfair

Busyman
11-23-2004, 02:56 AM
why should a swing state with 51%-49% competition have more sway than an 80%-20%.

thats unfair

:huh:

TheDave
11-23-2004, 03:00 AM
is that not how it works.

1, state regional election.
2, winner gains all electoral points no matter the popular vote margin
3, points added up. candidate wins on electoral points

Busyman
11-23-2004, 03:03 AM
is that not how it works.

1, state regional election.
2, winner gains all electoral points no matter the popular vote margin
3, points added up. candidate wins on electoral points
Uh...yeah..did you read up on the electoral college or what?

I'm guessing what. :dry:

TheDave
11-23-2004, 03:05 AM
i heard how it works on the news and read some american newspaper website. wtf is your point about the college. what if i read it word for word, come knowing exactly what i already knew. then what?

Busyman
11-23-2004, 03:21 AM
i heard how it works on the news and read some american newspaper website.

I figured as much :lol: :lol:

wtf is your point about the college. what if i read it word for word, come knowing exactly what i already knew. then what?
I dunno.

How are the points arrived at?

Why was the "college" put in place?

:ohmy:

BigBank_Hank
11-23-2004, 04:30 AM
@ hank

Bob Jones III of Bob Jones University in Greenville, South Carolina, wrote the president a letter. "Dear Mr. President: In your re-election, God has graciously granted America--though she doesn't deserve it--a reprieve from the agenda of paganism. You have been given a mandate. ...Don't equivocate. Put your agenda on the front burner and let it boil. You owe the liberals nothing. They despise you because they despise your Christ. ... If you have weaklings around you who do not share your biblical values, shed yourself of them."

didn't hear any distancing.
source (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6531547/)

Where in the world did you dig that up? I stay up to date with the news and I didn’t hear anything about this and I didn’t have to do any googling to dig something up. Moore wrote books and made movies, which got major media coverage. Also the guy that wrote the letter wasn’t sitting next to a former President during the Republican convention.

Biggles
11-23-2004, 09:18 AM
Bob Jones of the Bob Jones University???

One suspects it is not in the Ivy League.

Nice to see us Pagans get a mention though :)

Any word on Ohio or was I having aural hallucinations?

vidcc
11-23-2004, 02:37 PM
Where in the world did you dig that up? I stay up to date with the news and I didn’t hear anything about this and I didn’t have to do any googling to dig something up. Moore wrote books and made movies, which got major media coverage. Also the guy that wrote the letter wasn’t sitting next to a former President during the Republican convention.
I didn't have to do any googling, i watch meet the press when i can and it was on there.

There are lots of extremist that openly support bush and openly say her owes them.
the point being the supporters are not the candidate.

vidcc
11-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Bob Jones of the Bob Jones University???

One suspects it is not in the Ivy League.

Nice to see us Pagans get a mention though :)

Any word on Ohio or was I having aural hallucinations?
A liberal arts, nondenominational Christian university, BJU stands without apology for the old-time religion and the absolute authority of the Bible (http://www.bju.edu/index)

it's an actual uni. founded by his grandfather Bob Jones 1....they aren't too original when they name offspring

BigBank_Hank
11-23-2004, 03:47 PM
I didn't have to do any googling, i watch meet the press when i can and it was on there.

There are lots of extremist that openly support bush and openly say her owes them.
the point being the supporters are not the candidate.

My point was the Kerry never tried to distance himself from people like more and he lost the election partly because of that. I never heard of the guy in your example but that didn’t hurt Bush he won.

vidcc
11-23-2004, 06:40 PM
i don't think moore did any damage at all to kerry. The people that voted Bush didn't do it because they don't like michael moore. The only people that say he hurt the campaign are people that wouldn't vote kerry anyway.
Moore wasn't trying to influence Kerry, he was trying to get people to not vote bush...the kind of extremist i highlighted ARE trying to influence Bush to operate their own agenda...personally i think that is wrong, because the president is supposed to represent all americans, not special interests

ruthie
11-23-2004, 06:50 PM
The entire religious right has made it clear..BUSH OWES THEM. The Bob Jones thing was all over the news. Lots of the religious right agree with that letter, and that's pretty scary, don't you think?
Look at the bullshit they included in the latest bill..they tried to slip in the right to examine everyone's IRS info, and even worse, they are jumping onthe anti-abortion bandwagon. They included new provisions inthat department. Oh yeah..most importantly, they included something like 2 million for bush to buy a presidential yacht..but there are still homeless, hungry, unemployed, and uninsured americans. Yup, that was really importatn..a friggin boat. what an asshole

DanB
11-23-2004, 06:55 PM
Oh yeah..most importantly, they included something like 2 million for bush to buy a presidential yacht..but there are still homeless, hungry, unemployed, and uninsured americans. Yup, that was really importatn..a friggin boat. what an asshole

All about priorities :rolleyes:

BigBank_Hank
11-23-2004, 07:41 PM
i don't think moore did any damage at all to kerry.

He did loose didn’t he?

vidcc
11-23-2004, 07:43 PM
He did loose didn’t he?
but not because of moore

BigBank_Hank
11-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Moore sure didn’t help that’s for sure.

There are more people that don’t like the guy than like him and to see him front in center during Kerry’s convention raised some eyebrows.

Busyman
11-23-2004, 08:47 PM

....and you could tell by the box-office smash of his movie...

BigBank_Hank
11-23-2004, 09:03 PM
But did it get Kerry elected?

DanB
11-23-2004, 09:08 PM
No it didn't.

But is that more down to the fact that people are/were blinkered and thought it was all just anti bush blurb?

vidcc
11-23-2004, 10:05 PM

There are more people that don’t like the guy than like him and to see him front in center during Kerry’s convention raised some eyebrows.
who's eyebrows were raised ? Mine certainly weren't.

why are you so concerned with moore ? even if he presented his film with just the facts with no "dressing" you wouldn't like him because he is anti Bush.

BigBank_Hank
11-23-2004, 11:27 PM
Vid if someone who makes a major motion picture devoted to trashing the sitting president and then is front and center and the opponent’s convention doesn’t bother you than that’s you.

vidcc
11-23-2004, 11:29 PM
if he made an anti kerry movie and sat next to bush... would that bother you?

BigBank_Hank
11-23-2004, 11:40 PM
A movie that was made to influence the election by using propaganda? Yes.

vidcc
11-23-2004, 11:55 PM
A movie that was made to influence the election by using propaganda? Yes. so was the swift vets "movies". ok they didn't sit next to him at the convention At least moores was "based on facts"...even if presented in a wierd self serving context....

what's the difference between a movie and someone that goes out preaching inacurate propaganda about the opponent ?.... look how kerry's record was twisted. Fact is you don't like moore because of his beliefs...but moore wasn't running so he is not relevent to anything.

people that wish to make an informed choice look at the candidate, not who he sits with.

Kerry is good friends with John Mcain...does that make him a republican?

BigBank_Hank
11-24-2004, 12:17 AM
moores was "based on facts"...even if presented in a wierd self serving context....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Moore and the word fact in the same sentence :lol: :lol:

You missed the whole point. Bush came out and said that he didn’t like all the 527 ads.

vidcc
11-24-2004, 12:20 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Moore and the word fact in the same sentence :lol: :lol:

You missed the whole point. Bush came out and said that he didn’t like all the 527 ads. so did kerry...before bush did...bush waited until the ads run was over...:whistling

Busyman
11-24-2004, 12:59 AM

You missed the whole point. Bush came out and said that he didn’t like all the 527 ads.
So I guess he really didn't like it then. :dry:

Biggles
11-24-2004, 09:00 PM

I could understand this argument if Kerry had done badly and gathered in less votes than Gore - but he didn't did he?

Strangelove
11-24-2004, 09:16 PM
And without the benefit of scaring the shit out of the citizens with false "Terror Alerts" and fixed Computer Voting machines :lol:

orcutt989
11-29-2004, 03:23 AM

I dont know if Moore did help. All I think he really did is make Bush voters angry, and have idiotic signatures at FT.

vidcc
11-29-2004, 05:07 AM
Another for Hank
2 days after sept 11th attacks

Jerry Falwell
"I fear... that [September 11th] is only the beginning. ...If, in fact, God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve ... I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle ... all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say `you helped this happen.'"

Bush doesn't distance himself from Jerry does he?

Skiz
12-08-2004, 09:16 AM
John kerry is a dreamer and a user (in the bad sense) of taxdollars. The majority of the public knew better than to listen to his incessant rambling. So I guess the only answer to your question is 'NO', he was voted in.

Biggles
12-08-2004, 08:01 PM
John kerry is a dreamer and a user (in the bad sense) of taxdollars. The majority of the public knew better than to listen to his incessant rambling. So I guess the only answer to your question is 'NO', he was voted in.

Kerry was standing in 2000? :ohmy:

Always answer the set question not the one you think is there. :confused:

vidcc
12-09-2004, 12:00 AM
John kerry is a dreamer and a user (in the bad sense) of taxdollars. The majority of the public knew better than to listen to his incessant rambling. So I guess the only answer to your question is 'NO', he was voted in. I am worried that you seem confused as to who the candidates were ...(guessing you voted Bush :whistling)

perhaps a requirement to vote in our future elections should be naming at least two candidates before entering the booth.

But seeing as you mention tax dollars..why is he (Kerry)a bad user of them?

Just how is Bush a good spender ? he has yet to veto a single spending bill and is spending more than he has. Everthing is on the credit card...for later tax payers to pick up the tab.
Any American citizen that runs their household in the way this current government is running the country would find their house being repossessed

Skiz
12-09-2004, 05:13 AM
Kerry was standing in 2000? :ohmy:

Always answer the set question not the one you think is there. :confused::blink:

I am worried that you seem confused as to who the candidates were ...(guessing you voted Bush :whistling)

perhaps a requirement to vote in our future elections should be naming at least two candidates before entering the booth.Uh...Sorry bro, maybe you're the confused one. I said Bush won the election over John Kerry. He didn't 'steal' it.

Anything else I can settle/explain for you?

Busyman
12-09-2004, 01:41 PM
:blink:

Uh...Sorry bro, maybe you're the confused one. I said Bush won the election over John Kerry. He didn't 'steal' it.

Read the topic again Skizo.

Pay attention to numbers then come back. ;)

vidcc
12-09-2004, 02:59 PM

Uh...Sorry bro, maybe you're the confused one. I said Bush won the election over John Kerry. He didn't 'steal' it.

so Kerry was running in 2000? :whistling

Busyman
12-09-2004, 03:14 PM
so Kerry was running in 2000? :whistling
Come on vid.

Ya gotta throw him hints w/o being so obvious.

Let's do our share to fire up other's the brain cells. ;)

manker
12-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Let's do our share to fire up other's the brain cells:blink:

Probably best to get your own fired up first, mate ;)

vidcc
12-09-2004, 04:54 PM
John kerry is a dreamer and a user (in the bad sense) of taxdollars. The majority of the public knew better than to listen to his incessant rambling. So I guess the only answer to your question is 'NO', he was voted in. but that wasn't the question.:whistling

Originally Posted by Skizo
Nobody asked if he stole the election where Kerry was running

Originally Posted by Skizo

perhaps you could answer the actual question asked by the thread.... oh and the questions i asked you. :)

Edit: @ Busy...hope your house isn't made of glass :lol:...sorry couldn't resist

Busyman
12-09-2004, 06:48 PM

Probably best to get your own fired up first, mate ;)
Wanker, I'll fire up your the brain cells too. :lol: :lol:

Busyman
12-09-2004, 06:49 PM
but that wasn't the question.:whistling

Nobody asked if he stole the election where Kerry was running
perhaps you could answer the actual question asked by the thread.... oh and the questions i asked you. :)

Edit: @ Busy...hope your house isn't made of glass :lol:...sorry couldn't resist
Sorry I don't get it. :dry:

Really

Fire up your the brain cells. :1eye:

vidcc
12-09-2004, 08:09 PM

Bet everyone else does

manker
12-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Times you come, but not including wanking unless she does it for you or its a bj of course!Well hell if you include the bj's I get then it's over 20 easily.

Semen First Class reporting for duty.

Really

I knew it :dry:

Cheese
12-10-2004, 11:39 AM
:lol:

Busyman
12-10-2004, 01:44 PM
I knew it :dry:
Jealousy will get you nothing but a

"See, I'm laughing at him too" post by

:dry:

Cheese
12-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Actually I was just getting my post count up...

manker
12-10-2004, 02:01 PM

Busyman
12-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Actually I was just getting my post count up...
Damn I didn't think they counted here.

Post on man. ;)

CoolMac
12-15-2004, 05:29 PM
How can anyone, who has been the worst president of America in it's whole history, who has lead the economy to the lowest, who has helped so much the rich and who has lost so many jobs, would be re-elected for presidency?

My answer is:

a) All americans are stupid, or all Americans are rich (Needless to say this is wrong)

b) The election had something strange....