PDA

View Full Version : Picture anf Fax viewer still does'nt work

Wolfmight
11-23-2004, 02:20 AM
Well, I've tried loads of things, but the only thing that works is a rightclick and clicking "preview". Other than that, the automatic option is currupt and resorts to Paint instead. Now, dammit, how do I delete that entry on the Open with list, so it can refresh. This is a knife in the ass problem...

Virtualbody1234
11-23-2004, 02:29 AM
Right click>Open With>Choose Program>Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and be sure to put a checkmark in the box (Always use the...) and click 'Ok'.

tesco
11-23-2004, 02:34 AM
If VB's way doesn't work:
go to any folder>click tools>folder options>click filetypes on the top>find whatever file type you want(bmp, png, jpg, gif, tif, etc.)>edit then and make it open with fax and picure viewer instead of paint.

Wolfmight
11-23-2004, 02:38 AM
Edit:

Sorry, those 2 didnt work, but!
I found a solution!! Finally! Yes!!

Ok, you goto File Types. Now find .JPG and or the troublesome image type. Now "Delete" that extension. Goto New, and type it back in. It will come up and an unknow, so all you do is goto "Open with", then Paint and Picture and Fax viewer should automaticly come up on recommended. Choose Picture and Fax...and...BAM, solves the problem. Everytime you open those images, they will open with Picture and Fax viewer!

Aight Ol Chap! Shipshape!

btw, even repaired it automaticly for .gif and such too..only fixed .jpg.
Sweetness

silent h3ro
11-23-2004, 02:49 AM
Glad u worked teh problem oot. :)

Virtualbody1234
11-23-2004, 03:42 AM
Edit:

Sorry, those 2 didnt work, but!
I found a solution!! Finally! Yes!!

Ok, you goto File Types. Now find .JPG and or the troublesome image type. Now "Delete" that extension. Goto New, and type it back in. It will come up and an unknow, so all you do is goto "Open with", then Paint and Picture and Fax viewer should automaticly come up on recommended. Choose Picture and Fax...and...BAM, solves the problem. Everytime you open those images, they will open with Picture and Fax viewer!

Aight Ol Chap! Shipshape!

btw, even repaired it automaticly for .gif and such too..only fixed .jpg.
Sweetness
Cool. Looks like a combined effort solved the problem. :)