PDA

View Full Version : DVD shrink help

Streetz
11-23-2004, 07:27 PM
when i try to Rip the dvd on dvd shrink it says a copy protection error can someone please help me with this

Skiz
11-23-2004, 07:34 PM
when i try to Rip the dvd on dvd shrink it says a copy protection error can someone please help me with thisWhat version of DVDShrink are you running?

What brand/model burner are you using?

What type of media are you using?

What movie are you trying to shrink?

Also, is this happening at the end of the rip and are you attempting to turn the movie into an ISO?

Samurai
11-23-2004, 07:38 PM
You can rip the whole movie by using DVD Decrypter (http://www.dvddecrypter.com/). Use DVD Shrink after this has been completed.

Skiz
11-23-2004, 07:40 PM
You can rip the whole movie by using DVD Decrypter (http://www.dvddecrypter.com/). Use DVD Shrink after this has been completed.Don't you mean vice versa? :blink:

You gotta shrink it before you burn it. I shrink w/ DVDShrink and burn w/ DVDDecrypter.

Virtualbody1234
11-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Don't you mean vice versa? :blink:

You gotta shrink it before you burn it. I shrink w/ DVDShrink and burn w/ DVDDecrypter.
No. DVD Decrypter can be used to extract the contents of a DVD and puts a copy onto your HDD.

Skiz
11-23-2004, 07:51 PM
No. DVD Decrypter can be used to extract the contents of a DVD and puts a copy onto your HDD.
I realize that, but he want's to burn to a disc I think. That's usually why you want to shrink it. (it sounds like) Samuri is trying to say is that in order to do that, he needs to use DVDDecrypter and THEN shrink. That's just unneccessary steps if he's going straight to disc. Maybe he'll reply and solve this for us.:)

Virtualbody1234
11-23-2004, 09:13 PM
I realize that, but he want's to burn to a disc I think. That's usually why you want to shrink it. (it sounds like) Samuri is trying to say is that in order to do that, he needs to use DVDDecrypter and THEN shrink. That's just unneccessary steps if he's going straight to disc. Maybe he'll reply and solve this for us.:)
He doesn't need to solve it for me. I understood what he meant. The topic is about someone having problems with "a copy protection error" so perhaps DVD Decrypter could get around this issue. (Maybe some new form of copy protection.)

Once the unprotected contents are on the HDD then he can use DVD Shrink.

SaYiaN
11-23-2004, 09:25 PM
Strange, i can burn copyrighted material using dvd shrink =\

Samurai
11-23-2004, 09:46 PM
DVD Decrypter has advanced decoding techniques and as such are able to get around copyright protection 95% of the time. They are continually updating DVD Decrypter to ensure that the latest copyright protection can be beaten.

If Streetz is having problems with getting around this problem with DVD Shrink, it's no problem. DVD Decrypter can help out by decrypting the DVD and placing a copy of the movie on the users hard drive. He/She can then attempt to use DVD Shrink as they see fit, and burn the resulting file.

The DVD originally created by DVD Decrypter and placed on the HDD can be deleted at any time. You just need to ensure that your HDD has enough space for this.

Remember. DVD Shrink is software that enables you to burn a DVD and size it down if neccessary, hence the quote from their website.

DVD Shrink is software to backup DVD discs. You can use this software in conjunction with DVD burning software of your choice, to make a backup copy of any DVD video disc.

DVD Decrypter is software to decrypt and burn DVD discs. A guide can be found here (http://www.doom9.org/dvddec.htm).

Thanks Virtualbody1234.

Samurai

Streetz
11-24-2004, 12:37 AM
i have DVD shrink 3.1 and a friend told me that he had the same problem i had and he got a older version of it and the error message didn't pop up.I looked everywhere and i couldn't find a older version of DVD shrink.If anyone know a site where i can download the older version please tell it to me

I don't kno if this is right but my friend told me that i rip it with DVD shrink and save the rip on my HDD and burn it with nero.Is this right?

Virtualbody1234
11-24-2004, 12:40 AM
Get DVD Shrink version 3.2

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

my friend told me that i rip it with DVD shrink and save the rip on my HDD and burn it with nero.Is this right?
Yes. That's about it.

RealitY
11-24-2004, 01:00 AM
Just curious if yove tried DVD Decrypter yet...

Streetz
11-24-2004, 01:51 AM
no i haven't tried DVD decrypter becuase i don't kno how to use it and i tried DVD shrink 3.2 and i still have the same problem

RealitY
11-24-2004, 02:07 AM
Then try it ffs, its very simple...

Samurai
11-24-2004, 02:19 AM
I'm beginning to get pissed off with the amount of people coming in here, asking for help and then being a complete NOOB about it.

We don't fucking say things for the fun of it. You asked for help. We gave it. I didn't know how to type with both hands when I was 7. By 8 I had taught myself to touch type.

It's no use whining "I don't know how..." if you haven't even given the program a shot.

Samurai
11-24-2004, 02:20 AM
no i haven't tried DVD decrypter becuase i don't kno how to use it and i tried DVD shrink 3.2 and i still have the same problem

Did I or did I not link you to a guide? :dry:

Virtualbody1234
11-24-2004, 05:30 AM
nm

Skiz
11-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Okay first off, it's not a DVDShrink 'version' problem, it's probably the movie you're trying to copy. AGAIN, give us the details of the version etc. that I previously requested. The newer the movie, the more bs they come up with ways to block you from rippin it. DVDShrink has a VERY extensive help forum that is good at answering any questionsyou may have. Just do some research on their forum, they have problematic DVD's and the like topics. Any problem I've ever had, I've been able to solve by reading previous posts.

Streetz
11-24-2004, 04:37 PM
I fixed the problem with Decrypting the movie and opening the files with DVD shrink.Thanks for everyones help

muchspl2
11-24-2004, 06:39 PM
about time, it pisses me off when I type out a reply just to go ignored
I completely understand Samurai's frustration

Skiz
11-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Amen! I think we were all ignored on this one:angry:

Streetz
11-25-2004, 12:35 AM
i wasn't ignoring yall.I read the fourms of DVD shrink and i read the guide that Samurai gave me and read wut yall said

Skiz
11-25-2004, 09:07 PM
i wasn't ignoring yall.I read the fourms of DVD shrink and i read the guide that Samurai gave me and read wut yall said
So what was the problem/fix?

muchspl2
11-25-2004, 09:17 PM
some dvd's don't like dvd shrink, in these rare occurrences you need to rip the dvd to your HD, you do that with dvd decryptor.

accat13
11-25-2004, 10:03 PM
This thread is hilarious the answer was given in the 3rd posting by Samurai I believe.But because of stubbornness:frusty: it went on for 3 pg's.Gotta love it :D

Streetz
11-26-2004, 03:12 AM
ok now yall starting to make me mad i said i fixed the problem but yall still posting about how this waz stubbornness

peat moss
11-26-2004, 03:16 AM
ok now yall starting to make me mad i said i fixed the problem but yall still posting about how this waz stubbornness

Just ask a mod to close it ! :)

muchspl2
11-26-2004, 06:52 AM
yea because closing it will make it go away

look your happy you got it working, we are happy to help you, this is a message board, don't try to be a nazi and close it because you got your answer, maybe the next noob will search and find this thread, if it was locked maybe he would ignore it. :/