PDA

View Full Version : HL2 Question - How To Play CS:S ?

Dark Ride
11-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Ok. I installed Half-Life 2 a few minutes ago.How can I play , for example, Counter-Strike: Source, and other add-ons ?

Since I don'r own the original game, I can't start those games through Steam.Is there another way ?

Timz
11-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Ok. I installed Half-Life 2 a few minutes ago.How can I play , for example, Counter-Strike: Source, and other add-ons ?

Since I don'r own the original game, I can't start those games through Steam.Is there another way ?

CSS you can get from the emporio release, make sure you get the updates too, (up to # 5 thus far i believe)

Dark Ride
11-23-2004, 11:13 PM
CSS you can get from the emporio release, make sure you get the updates too, (up to # 5 thus far i believe)
But I installed HL2 and CS:S is included with it.I just need to know how to start CS:S :(

abu_has_the_power
11-23-2004, 11:19 PM
u bought the game? make sure u installed css. a shortcut should show up

newcombe6
11-23-2004, 11:48 PM
or go to start menu - then program files - then cs source

Dark Ride
11-24-2004, 12:03 AM
No , I didn't nought the game.There is a "cstrike" folder in my Half-Life 2 directory which is aprox. 750 MB.That's CSS in there, but I don't know how start the game since there is no CSS exe file to start it.

I'm wondering if it's possible to start the game through "hl2.exe" or "Launcher.exe" with a command line in the shortcut, like with old Half-Life ?

Timz
11-24-2004, 10:19 PM
No , I didn't nought the game.There is a "cstrike" folder in my Half-Life 2 directory which is aprox. 750 MB.That's CSS in there, but I don't know how start the game since there is no CSS exe file to start it.

I'm wondering if it's possible to start the game through "hl2.exe" or "Launcher.exe" with a command line in the shortcut, like with old Half-Life ?

recently valve disabled 20k accounts of ppl who got the game pirated who were trying to play on steam, i dont think you can play CSS if you need to connect through steam, the Emporio thing bypasses that i believe