PDA

View Full Version : So Which Ones You Guys Getting? Sony PSP or Nintendo DS?

Monkeee
11-24-2004, 08:12 AM
http://mercury.walagata.com/w/aznrocky415/psp.JPG

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/aznrocky415/Nintendo_DS.jpg

they both pretty much have the same intense graphics.
Nintendo DS = N64
PSP = Playstation...
so which ones you guys gonna get?

gawd i dunno which one to choose... i always liked my n64... but then i liked my playstation.... o gawd its ripping me apart!!! :crying:

asmithz
11-24-2004, 08:16 AM
Well the DS just came out, and the PSP comes out sometime next year. So get both :p

ziggyjuarez
11-24-2004, 08:18 AM
:ohmy: This is a fake right?

Filliz
11-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Probably getting myself the PSP.
Just curious what the price is going to be.

SingaBoiy
11-24-2004, 08:43 AM
My friend played a friend's DS. He played Metroid Prime: Echoes. He said it was hard cause he had to use hit left hand to move and use the pen for the bottom screen. It sounded complicated.

Think I would get a PSP if I got one.

Monkeee
11-24-2004, 08:44 AM
:ohmy: This is a fake right?
lol no real screenshots!

BTW: PSP is coming out 2005 March! :1eye:

natedogg
11-24-2004, 08:48 AM
i don't like portable game systems :dry:

SingaBoiy
11-24-2004, 08:49 AM
Y not?

Filliz
11-24-2004, 08:52 AM

You can watch movies on the PSP as well. :01:
Don't know about the DS though.

Monkeee
11-24-2004, 08:55 AM
this is probally the only portable game system i'm actually going to enjoy!! All the other gameboys we're boring as crap... except for pokemon...pokemon..was cool...go pikachu....xD

natedogg
11-24-2004, 08:59 AM
maby ive been turned off by gameboy, i might try it out, see if i want it

cpt_azad
11-24-2004, 09:31 AM
this is probally the only portable game system i'm actually going to enjoy!! All the other gameboys we're boring as crap... except for pokemon...pokemon..was cool...go pikachu....xD
:ermm:

asmithz
11-24-2004, 09:55 AM
:ermm:

Pokemon the game and consept was good, the dumbed down english cartoon was gay. :dry:

natedogg
11-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Pokemon is gay what so ever :dry:

Timz
11-24-2004, 10:26 AM
probably nietehr for me, besides Viewtiful Joe for the psp, i dont really like the games for the two handhelds

SingaBoiy
11-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Pokemon is gay what so ever :dry:
Do you mean...

"Pokemon isny gay what-so-ever"
or
"Pokemon is gay anyways"
?

iMartin
11-24-2004, 01:22 PM
If I had to choose, the DS.

TheDave
11-24-2004, 01:27 PM
the ds got touch-screen. maybe the best thing for fps's since mouses :01:
the ds got nintendo. they make original games :01:
the ds may have wan for internet play :01:

the psp has an army of fanboys :01:
the psp will have rediculous amounts of advertising :01:

Monkeee
11-24-2004, 11:38 PM
psp = wireless lan
psp = plays movie
psp = at least 4 hours of battery life

ahctlucabbuS
11-24-2004, 11:52 PM
They both have their strong points. Though the PSP has the superior design, and can play movies I think I'll go with the Nintendo DS (if any) purely for originality.

If I wanted to play playstation, I would have bought one by now...

(Besides, you'd have to buy the movies for the PSP on those special disks I hear.)

TheDave
11-24-2004, 11:55 PM
i dont wanna watch movies on the go.

doesn't the ds have the same life as sp?

the ds press conference said it plays lan+across the internet :smilie4:

ahctlucabbuS
11-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Apparently it has the possibility of connecting to the internet.

So you can't today I presume.

The battery life is estimated to be around 10 hours for the DS

natedogg
11-25-2004, 12:33 AM
Do you mean...

"Pokemon isny gay what-so-ever"
or
"Pokemon is gay anyways"
? pokemon is gay anyways :dry:

freak
11-25-2004, 03:14 AM
psp all the way... Better graphics can play mp3 and movie files and doesn't have a gay touch screen... or 2 screens for that matter.

Monkeee
11-25-2004, 03:42 AM
fuck it i'll just get both.. its like easier xD

Formula1
11-25-2004, 04:04 AM
psp all the way... Better graphics can play mp3 and movie files and doesn't have a gay touch screen... or 2 screens for that matter.

Yeah this one of the things i like about sony. They are one of the first to actually make systems more advanced . for example the first to use cd's instead of catridges on a console system , and first to actually have a console that could play movies which was cool. Anyways if i had to choose , it would probably be the PSP , since ps2 games tend to be the ones i really enjoy and like.

ahctlucabbuS
11-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Yeah this one of the things i like about sony. They are one of the first to actually make systems more advanced . for example the first to use cd's instead of catridges on a console system , and first to actually have a console that could play movies which was cool. Anyways if i had to choose , it would probably be the PSP , since ps2 games tend to be the ones i really enjoy and like.

More advanced?

Playing the same old games you've played thousand of times.

If anything is more advanced it has to be the gameplay of the DS.

TheDave
11-25-2004, 01:03 PM
sega were first with movies and discs.

notice how the the psp fans say gay a lot :ph34r:

Filliz
11-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Being a FF fan I'm going to buy the PSP for sure.
There's an FF in the make specially for PSP,and one of the first movies for PSP will be Final Fantasy:Advent Children. :01:

The thing I don't like about games on Nintendo is that most of them are so cartoonesk.
I bet that the first game(s) on DS will be SuperMario games. :sick:

It's all just a matter of taste I guess.

TheDave
11-25-2004, 04:05 PM
theres FF games coming out for DS i think. anyway ff is cartoonish.

and super mario 64 is the best platformer in the world ever :01:

Filliz
11-25-2004, 04:13 PM
theres FF games coming out for DS i think. anyway ff is cartoonish.

VII and XI were.
VIII and X aren't.
:cool:

Anyway,one thing that makes a game a good game for me are the graphics,specially cut-scenes.
And the graphics used inmost of the games on Nintendo are just not my cup of tea. :(

And yeah,there's already a FF out for GBA.
"Crystal Chronicles,I think.
Almost bought the GBA just for that :D

Formula1
11-25-2004, 04:17 PM
More advanced?

Playing the same old games you've played thousand of times.

If anything is more advanced it has to be the gameplay of the DS.

Idiot fanboy.. No i dont play the same old ps2 games thousands of times. Ps2 has a lot of first and third party games. Unlike nintendo where a majority of the popular games are first party sequels.. So whose playing the "same old" game now ?

TheDave
11-25-2004, 04:24 PM
i wish nintendo were aware of the world outside japan. then we'd see who the idiot fanboys are :angry

SingaBoiy
11-25-2004, 08:30 PM
i wish nintendo were aware of the world outside japan. then we'd see who the idiot fanboys are :angry
What? :blink:

But yes, it does sound like you are up for the fanboy of the year. :lol:

For anyone who wants to see the real comparison between the 2, check out this image I just made.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/SingaBoiy/PSPDSComparison.jpg

The PSP is obviously more powerful.

TheDave
11-25-2004, 08:38 PM
i mean they dont seem to recognise the potential of europe. it took five years pestering to get them to bring out animal crossing and when they finally did it they took out the main feature, internet play. we dont get net play for mario kart or 1080 or anything other than phantasy star online which sucks. we didn't get the dd just an out of date port of doshin the giant. will our mario party 6 use a microphone, i'll put money on it not doing. :angry: :angry: :angry:

ApacNTS
11-25-2004, 09:41 PM
dont think i could go back to ps1 graphics, but i might pick one up*p2p* just cause if i ever need time to kill i will have it. :)

freak
11-25-2004, 10:08 PM
I think the psp is better plain and simple... Sure some games are rehashed but most are new... Unlike DS which has ton's of rehashed stuff Mario 64 anyone? You say it's backed by SquareEnix sure but what does that backing consist of? Rehashed crap just a bunch of old FF remake that were on the original system/PS... What does the backing consist of for the psp from squareenix well not much yet but the backing it has from them is for a new game not a old FF... That 1 new game is worth more then 10 FF remakes on the DS... I will get the DS later when there are better games but as for right now I don't really like the 2 screens or touch screen so when the DS releases a game that will make it worth putting up with the stupid screens/touch screen then i will get it.

TheDave
11-25-2004, 10:16 PM
wtf? mario64 multiplayer. metroid prime with proper fps controls. touch screen warioware. rehashes maybe, but original rehashes at that :smilie4:

orcutt989
11-25-2004, 10:19 PM
I heard that the PSP was supposed to be between 199 and 299 dollars. (USD)

SingaBoiy
11-25-2004, 10:21 PM
Its selling for $180 US in Japan. Atleast thats what I read at Gamespot.com

TheDave
11-25-2004, 10:23 PM
its not made yet is it?

SingaBoiy
11-25-2004, 10:25 PM
its not made yet is it?
No, its release is mid-December for Japan. Think it said the 13th.

They were auctioning off 500 of them. They people that won get them 1 week early.

TheDave
11-25-2004, 10:26 PM
i didn't know they were past a prototype, because the first lot had about 30 minutes battery life :unsure:

freak
11-25-2004, 11:19 PM
No it's way past a prototype...The standard pack will retail at 19,800 yen ($185) and will include the handheld itself, an AC adapter and a battery pack. The value pack, on the other hand, will retail for 5,000 yen more at 24,800 yen ($232), and will include the handheld itself, an AC adapter, a battery pack, a 32MB Memory Stick Duo, a set of headphones with a remote control, and a soft case & hand strap. Battrey life is six hours depending on use and it releases Dec 12th in Japan

ahctlucabbuS
11-25-2004, 11:27 PM
Idiot fanboy.. No i dont play the same old ps2 games thousands of times. Ps2 has a lot of first and third party games. Unlike nintendo where a majority of the popular games are first party sequels.. So whose playing the "same old" game now ?

Well, I stoped beeing a "fanboy" for anything some 5-6 years ago :dry:

I was refering to gameplay on the two consoles, and the PSP will have gameplay which you've played lots of times before.

It's doubtful I'll buy any of the two, however objectively to me the DS seems to have the best gameplay from what I've seen so far.

You obviously didn't get my post, and suggesting that I was refering to you playing a few games over and over again makes you the fucking moron.

:frusty:

freak
11-26-2004, 12:48 AM
"I was refering to gameplay on the two consoles, and the PSP will have gameplay which you've played lots of times before."

Why the heck do people keep saying this? The DS is the same way
DS is equal to N64
PSP is equal to PS2
So both have gameplay which we've played lots of times before

TheDave
11-26-2004, 12:54 AM
the ds is a new approach with the touch screen. it means it'll be suited to games normally played with mice so it opens up a new alley for console gaming

ahctlucabbuS
11-26-2004, 01:02 AM
http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/nintendogs.php

The above is an example of the possibilities with the touch screen.

Hopefully game developers will be ingenious enough to expand the concept even further.

freak
11-26-2004, 01:12 AM
Touch screens aren't even suited well for games...

silent h3ro
11-26-2004, 01:24 AM
Touch screens aren't even suited well for games... Yea, I agree, theres not much point in them,

TheDave
11-26-2004, 01:43 AM
there is. now sim city, command n conquer and any other RTS's and FPS's and even 3d platformers will be so much more tolerable

Mad Cat
11-26-2004, 08:38 AM
Yeah this one of the things i like about sony. They are one of the first to actually make systems more advanced . for example the first to use cd's instead of catridges on a console system
Excuse me, but please stop spreading your lies. There were at least 10 (that I can name) CD consoles WELL before the Playstation.

Mad Cat
11-26-2004, 08:45 AM
No it's way past a prototype...The standard pack will retail at 19,800 yen ($185) and will include the handheld itself, an AC adapter and a battery pack. The value pack, on the other hand, will retail for 5,000 yen more at 24,800 yen ($232), and will include the handheld itself, an AC adapter, a battery pack, a 32MB Memory Stick Duo, a set of headphones with a remote control, and a soft case & hand strap. Battrey life is six hours depending on use and it releases Dec 12th in Japan
6 hours depending on use? That means about an hour batter life if you're doing anything more than looking at a menu?

I support neither, since I will buy neither, but people blathering PR crap and their "oh so right" opinions.

Mad Cat
11-26-2004, 08:53 AM
EDIT: Really messed up with the triple post there, sorry, but its early morning.

Why the heck do people keep saying this? The DS is the same way
DS is equal to N64
PSP is equal to PS2
So both have gameplay which we've played lots of times beforeI'm sorry, but no way is the PSP equal to PS2, otherwise the new PS2s would be the size of PSPs (if slightly bigger just for the discs, but the gist is there).

Anyway, read:

PSP: http://www.mypsp.co.uk/specs.htm
PS2: http://www.ps2.geek.nz/site.dyn/Specs/

When they magically become the same thing, please let me know.

Cheese
11-26-2004, 09:06 AM
http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/nintendogs.php

The above is an example of the possibilities with the touch screen.

Hopefully game developers will be ingenious enough to expand the concept even further.

Yeah. I'd give the player weapons to use on those little dogs,

ahctlucabbuS
11-26-2004, 10:23 AM
Yeah. I'd give the player weapons to use on those litte dogs,

:lol:

And can't you just wait for the inevitable "stroke a few girls" :D

I tell you, the DS will roxxor the PSP!!!!!!111111 :1eye:

(disclaimer: I may sound like a complete idiot in this post)

Mr. Elmo
11-27-2004, 05:26 AM
i like rpg a lot and the playstation family usually has more rpgs than any other console...so i think im getting a psp. besides, the gfx on the psp is sooo much sharper and cleaner than those on the ds, i also HATE Mario and WARIO. besides, i havent seen one game on the ds that i think the graphics looks nice...or at least, comparing to those of the psp.

freak
11-27-2004, 10:27 AM
6 hours depending on use? That means about an hour batter life if you're doing anything more than looking at a menu?

I support neither, since I will buy neither, but people blathering PR crap and their "oh so right" opinions.

No that doesn't mean an hr! I will be happy to break it down for u since u don't understand and probably have never owend a laptop... When doing things like looking at picture,listening to music or watching movies off the memory stick u will get 6hr's slightly more or less. playing games off the umd will be about 5hrs and watching movies off the UMD will be about 3 to 3 1/2hrs.

So why compare a laptop and a psp? Because there very much the same when it comes to power consumtion... Most laptops get about 6hr's but that can also very by use. looking at pictures u will get the full six hrs but something like watching a dvd which puts heavy strain on the cpu and the moving parts in the drive will drain the battrey faster thus giving u less battrey life!!!

tesco
11-27-2004, 04:52 PM
i hate those handhelds but if anything i'd get the PSP.
that nintendo DS looks shite....at least p2p plays real games lol.

TheDave
11-27-2004, 05:01 PM
i'm sure real games didn't use analog sticks till the dualshock pads came out either :smilie4:

SingaBoiy
11-27-2004, 10:42 PM
i hate those handhelds but if anything i'd get the PSP.
that nintendo DS looks shite....at least p2p plays real games lol.
What p2p app do you use to play game? :blink:

:P

Mr. Elmo
11-28-2004, 01:24 AM
What p2p app do you use to play game? :blink:

:P
kazaa web browser of course....shockwave games are the best

TheDave
11-28-2004, 01:36 AM
kazaa web browser of course....shockwave games are the best
for a moment then i thought you weren't being sarcastic:no:

Mr. Elmo
11-28-2004, 07:24 PM
do you have something against shockwave games?

P.S. WHERE ARE MY SMILIES?

Smith
11-28-2004, 07:41 PM
neither, small screens like that give me migranes :(