PDA

View Full Version : Nero Hack

musicmaster
11-24-2004, 09:37 AM
I have some 4x cdrs that I just bought for a really good price, $5 for 100 but they are obvious slow burning ones. I was wondering if there was a crack for Nero that can make the software burn these at the max rate of my burner.

I did a search on Google and came back with this:

http://forums.tech-arena.com/archive/index.php/t-10605.html

I installed the reg patch and it does show my burner's max speed when there is no disc in the drive... but once I insert a disc in the drive it reverts back to either 2x or 4x. Any ideas on changing this speed or am I stuck with 4x max?

Also, if there is no way to change this.... how can I undo the changes made to my registry without doing a system restore?

Filliz
11-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Burning a 4.5GB dvd at 4x only takes about 15min. :rolleyes:
Don't see why you want to speed up the thing for burning a cd-r.
And i doubt the burn will be a success when you burn faster than the disc can handle.

Virtualbody1234
11-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Forget it. That's what you get with 5¢ CD-Rs.

tesco
11-24-2004, 12:55 PM
And i doubt the burn will be a success when you burn faster than the disc can handle.
4x with cd-rs is slower than 4x with dvd-r.

takes like 20-30mins.

Triadcool
11-24-2004, 03:12 PM
I have noticed that Dvd-r 4x burns faster than Cd-r 4x, wonder why?

AndrewBarker
11-24-2004, 03:15 PM
Anyways the burning speed of a particular disc brand is governed by your burners firmware, not Nero

vivitron 15
11-24-2004, 03:43 PM
the single speed of a dvd is faster than that of a cd, 4x is relative speed...

...and you probably dont wanna speed it up, if the disks are crap then it burns slowly to avoid errors...

and there may be a hack for your burner if you look on http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

accat13
11-24-2004, 04:33 PM
MMMMM hacked firmware :w00t: :w00t: I like it alot..but be careful..Do some research see if you can do a backup of your orginal before hand..have a look around here http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61for your particular drive and do some research...Don't just jump in with your eyes closed you may get burned no pun intended :D

Skiz
11-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Five bucks for 100 cdr's. Be glad they work at all.:ohmy:

musicmaster
11-25-2004, 05:27 AM

This is the first response I received :01: :01: :01: Woo hooo Thanks!!!!

This is a sarcastic thanks of course... and I am thinkin' it threw someone off... mainly me!!!! :ohmy: :D :shifty: ;)

I never asked about DVD. ;) :nuke: :1eye: ;)

I digress, I do agreee Skizo, they are (inexpensive) CD-Rs but still I think the reason that they are so (inexpensive) is because of the slow burn rate.

Now, if I was purchasing DVDRs then I surely would go for quality and not worry 'bout changing the speed on them. I would go with what they had.

Any suggestions about changing my reg settings back to what they were before I applied this patch? Again here is the information from another forum on the patch:

http://forums.tech-arena.com/archive/index.php/t-10605.html

and here is the site they list for the actual patch I applied:

http://www.ahead.de/en/Dynamic_Write_Speed.html

but, I dont see anything about reversing the change on the patch.

Smurfette
11-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Any suggestions about changing my reg settings back to what they were before I applied this patch?
Why?
The Ahead page clearly states that changing the settings will merely show you the drive's supported speeds; it does nothing to the actual burn speed or the capabilities of the drive. Leaving it as it is will have no detrmiental effect and I doubt you'll even notice it.

vivitron 15
11-25-2004, 06:37 PM
my reply still holds for CDs - dont try to speed it up, it will not do much good: in fact, ive witnessed the opposite holding for DVDs...

musicmaster
11-25-2004, 10:36 PM
my reply still holds for CDs - dont try to speed it up, it will not do much good: in fact, ive witnessed the opposite holding for DVDs...

Yeah... I understand Vivi... but I thoguht I would try and see if I could first of all burn faster and secondly see if they would hold up without errors.

And yes Smurfette, I realize this now... but thought it would actually give me a faster burn as well!!!

Well, whatcha expect for 5 bucks??!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Skiz
11-26-2004, 12:44 AM
It was worth five bucks no matter what. If I see 100 cdr's five that much, I'd have to at least give em a try. Who cares if they burn slow, ITS 100 DISCS FOR FIVE BUCKS!!!:P

musicmaster
11-27-2004, 03:00 AM
It was worth five bucks no matter what. If I see 100 cdr's five that much, I'd have to at least give em a try. Who cares if they burn slow, ITS 100 DISCS FOR FIVE BUCKS!!!:P

Yep... you are right... just thought I'd check on it :)