PDA

View Full Version : Zone Alarm or Norton

Dr Spaulding
11-24-2004, 12:11 PM
i've been using Zone Alarm for ages, but i don't really know what it can and can't do compared to Norton software, could someone explain?

i also use AdAware SE and Spybot.

zapjb
11-24-2004, 01:37 PM
Imo wrong question. What firewall is easier/better Sygate or Outpost? I'd say both are very good to excellent with Sygate being easier. (Thats a better question.)

RPerry
11-24-2004, 01:49 PM
I've never even tried Norton Internet Security.... Only used ZA Pro and Sygate, with Sygate being the better of the 2 in my opinion. Za Pro is better for those who don't know much about firewalls.

ZaZu
11-24-2004, 01:59 PM
i've been using Zone Alarm for ages, but i don't really know what it can and can't do compared to Norton software, could someone explain?

i also use AdAware SE and Spybot.

The only Norton software I use with ZA Pro is Norton Anti-virus 2005 works great :)
I use AdAware SE and Spybot to,what do you want to do? :huh:

4play
11-24-2004, 02:07 PM
gotta put my vote next to the outpost option. always been a great firewall.

clocker
11-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Although my shop sells tons of Norton Internet Security suites, personally I hate the product.
For a consumer level software app it is remarkably difficult to install/configure properly and why they force you to revisit Live Update multiple times to get the definitions is beyond me.

Zone Alarm is far superior IMO.

gd3110
12-04-2004, 07:11 AM
Sygate & Outpost are gr8..
ZA and NIS ...what r u thinking

Samurai
12-04-2004, 07:35 AM
I've never even tried Norton Internet Security.... Only used ZA Pro and Sygate, with Sygate being the better of the 2 in my opinion. Za Pro is better for those who don't know much about firewalls.

that's near enough what i was going to say. thanks rperry :P

RealitY
12-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Ive used ZA and as much as I liked the interface it became shit with dl ul and Ive used Norton as wel and its bloted crap like most of their shit. As for Outpost Ive yet to try it since Ive been fine with Sygate since I got it which is much better that the others Ive used...

natedogg
12-04-2004, 09:06 PM
Sygate is the best

tesco
12-04-2004, 10:04 PM
ZA or Sygate!

keyser_soze
12-04-2004, 11:20 PM
I can't vouch for sygate cos I've never used it but I liked ZA pro that much I bought it :ohmy: I tried Norton first and had loads of problems with corrupted virus database stuff, like some1 mentioned b4 ZA is good for ppl who don't know much about firewalls which about sums me up ;)

Izagaia
12-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Other than being the world's greatest resource drag on my system, I have never had nor experienced any sort of technical errors or application malfunctions. Of course Symantec's NIS versions are bloated beyond reason for the average internet-joe/jane to use.

I switched awile ago to the client corporate version of Symantec's firewall- not regretted it since.