PDA

View Full Version : Alexander

hippychick
11-24-2004, 05:21 PM
I went to a pre-screening of Alexander lastnight...and let me tell you, it was one of the worse movies I have ever seen in a long time...Blah...talk about boring!!!
The fight scenes (little there were) were not even impressive, Tory was alot better! It was hard to follow the fight (war) cause of the choppy imagery.
I expected so much more from Oliver Stone then this...He focused to much on Alexander being gay and showed way to much male gay kissing...ewwww!
Its a 3 hour movie trying to convince you that gay is alright. (in my opionion) :no:
But this is my opionion, you can go see it, but I can say I told you so...LOL

KazaaBoy
11-25-2004, 03:03 AM
I am not spending my money to see the village people kiss. I read bad reviews about it in google news entertainment section. The Bourne Supramacy is also one of the worest movies this year. The fight and action scenes are the worest because of the shakey camera man - who may have been drunk & high at the same time - and the story just got more confusing.

cpt_azad
11-25-2004, 04:12 AM
@kazaaboy, wow you suck. yes alexander is stupid, but TBS? you obviously have no taste in movies, i didn't care about the "shaky cam" at all, it was one of the highest rated movies in 2004 so back your statement up next time.

KazaaBoy
11-25-2004, 04:14 AM
oh shut the hell up. That movie sucked badly. Made no sense what so ever.

KazaaBoy
11-25-2004, 04:16 AM
P.S

No taste in movies......... I am studying film production in University you dick head so back your statement up next time.

cpt_azad
11-25-2004, 05:07 AM
wow, what a strong argument dumbass. just because you study doesn't mean you have taste in movies. look at all the crap released in 2004, TBS shined out of all of them.

ofbz
11-25-2004, 07:38 AM
ok... both of you shut up!!! and back up both of your statements!!! ....
.... :P j/k

i tought the "shaky cam" was done on purpose so it would give a rush impression.... at least that is what i feel when i see that....

back on topic...

i was expecting soooo much for alexander.... the trailer looked sooo cool... and like an hour ago, i saw it on tv and it was claimed to be the best movie of the year... (i hate how the media tries to manipulate our minds!!! :angry: )

i guess im just gonna wait for a release on the net....

Joakim Agren
11-25-2004, 09:15 AM
Hello!

I have seen this movie aswell and it was crappy indeed!!

First Colin Farrell did not look to comfortable in his role as Alexander and that blonde wig looked ridiculous !.

Oliver Twist seems to have a big thing against women he always have a bitchy woman in his movies in this case Angelina Jolie as Olympia sure is a bitch.

The major issue with this movie is that it is that Oliver has not accomplished a entertaining 2h45min movie. To much time in this movie is about tactics and talking in the tents simply boring stuff. I was dissapointed about this movie and give it no more then 2 out of 5 FileSharing pirates.

KazaaBoy
11-26-2004, 12:28 AM
The Bourne Supramacy = Worest Movie EVER.

Monkeee
11-26-2004, 03:41 AM
holy shit just saw this movie.... gawd i fell asleep after the first 30 minutes....... gawd 3 hours of shit... makes Troy look like a masterpiece... word of advice dont watch Alexander! worst movie i've seen yet.

KazaaBoy
11-26-2004, 03:57 AM
Word is spreadng fast through the movie industry. Alexander is the worest movie this year, as people say.

cpt_azad
11-26-2004, 04:16 AM
yes, i agree that it's the WORST movie, however i do not agree on it being the WOREST movie ever, i think that title belonged to revolutions. TBS is on of the best movies ever, even if kazaaboy don't agree, it's my opinion and i respect your's KB.

Rip The Jacker
11-26-2004, 06:16 AM
The Bourne Supramacy = Worest Movie EVER.
Holy crap I had to quote this.

cpt_azad
11-26-2004, 07:07 AM
lmao :lol:

hardygirl56
11-27-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi I'm brand new to the board and in fact this is my first post/reply.

I saw Alexander the other day and although I did find it boring at times it was a good movie none the less. I know someone said the movie didn't make any sense? It's all straight from the history books people, mind with some creative liscense, how could it not make sense. I'm a classical studies student and studied Alexander in my first year Greek class as well as general Greek life at the time. Gay men were a HUGE part of that life, it was common for a boy to sleep with his male older teacher. So it comes as no surprise that Alexander depicts gay life at the time. The movie's not meant to promote gay life or to say it's alright, that's just what happened. I enjoyed the movie, it brought up a lot of questions. Like could Alexander had conquered the entire known world at the time had he not been so ambitious and demanding and allowed his troops to go home? What would the world be like today had Alexander reached his goal?

100%
11-27-2004, 08:03 PM
yes from a historical view its interesting
i thought you where talking about Bush there for a second.
havent seen it yet but if you peeps thought Troy was good then i shouldnt bother watching this - troy screwed up its story at the begining by simply not explaining why \ how Paris fel in love with helen-the apple- the choices between the goddeses and then conflicts between the kings
anyway old sagas are great

TheNobleEU
11-27-2004, 09:36 PM
*Troy was alot better!

Ouch, Alexander was that bad hmm? (Totally agreed, 15% -- Troy the movie had almost no bearing on Homer's work.

...And yeah, they can say pretty much whatever they want about him in Stone's flick, since almost nothing is known about the historical Alexander anyway).

Cheers,
-EU

cpt_azad
11-27-2004, 10:37 PM
yes from a historical view its interesting
i thought you where talking about Bush there for a second.

:lol:

Darth Sushi
11-27-2004, 11:19 PM
I cringe every time Oliver Stone makes a historical movie. I get pissed each time I meet a teenager who thinks JFK is the definitive film about his assassination.

Keikan
11-28-2004, 12:18 AM
rotten tomatoes 14%