PDA

View Full Version : msn messenger 7

TheDave
11-24-2004, 06:56 PM
if you've got it... can you do handwriting?

whycome ben can but i cant?:unsure:

TheDave
11-24-2004, 06:57 PM
gifs are smaller. my arse :rolleyes:

Rick Phlegm
11-24-2004, 06:57 PM
A plus plugin maybe?

I wouldn't touch msn7 till it's been thoroughly tested

TheDave
11-24-2004, 07:00 PM
A plus plugin maybe?

I wouldn't touch msn7 till it's been thoroughly tested
but why?:unsure:

DanB
11-24-2004, 07:00 PM
is it not easier to go next door and speak to him?

TheDave
11-24-2004, 07:02 PM
nah. i gotta go up a flight of stairs or shout. both wastes of energy

anyway thats besides the point, i wanna send squiggles :angry:

Rick Phlegm
11-24-2004, 07:02 PM
but why?:unsure:
I like my computer un-raped

TheDave
11-24-2004, 07:05 PM
its only using 16mb ram:unsure:

or is that not what you mean?

Rick Phlegm
11-24-2004, 07:07 PM
its only using 16mb ram:unsure:

or is that not what you mean?

Na, I'm just ultra-suspicious of any Microsoft product that's not reached it's final version and had about 10 patches released for it yet :D

RPerry
11-24-2004, 07:07 PM
I just downloaded this off BT this morning, haven't installed it yet though, kinda wanted to see how people liked/disliked it first :unsure:

TheDave
11-24-2004, 07:10 PM
its got some stupid flash animations included as sort of e-card things. other than that its better than messenger 6 :01:

DanB
11-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Have they fixed the flash exploit with the winks?

enoughfakefiles
11-24-2004, 07:14 PM
Na, I'm just ultra-suspicious of any Microsoft product that's not reached it's final version and had about 10 patches released for it yet :D

Only 10 patches.

http://hogranch.com/files/Bitmaps/Windows2000-Bugs.gif

:lol: :lol:

TheDave
11-24-2004, 07:14 PM
theres an exploit? :fear:

DanB
11-24-2004, 08:17 PM
Just a few (http://www.google.com.pk/search?q=msn+messenger+7+exploit&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official)

The leaked MSN Messenger 7.0.0205 beta is available for download since October 2nd, but we have to stress that beta versions are intended for internal testing only and are likely to lack stability of the code and information. We are compiling a list of bugs and (spelling or cosmetic) mistakes found in this build on-the-fly to give you an idea of known issues, so you don't have to worry if something looks odd, doesn't work or even crashes. These things happen (but not necessarily always and on every system) and are expected to be fixed in the final public release of MSN Messenger 7 early 2005:

Thanks to Huuf, opperator & Timothy.

01) In the information bar in top of a conversation they forgot an n (hard enter) to separate the contact's status line with your status (eg. "her status is set to Busy.Your status is currently...").

02) You can't select the default backgrounds in the backgrounds tab.

03) When you disable the automatic playback of Winks you can still receive them.

04) Even with Nudging disabled they will still cause your conversation window to open.

05) With Nudging disabled it emulates receiving a text message (flashing taskbar) but no text will be received.

06) The previews for :'( (Crying face) and :| (Disappointed smile) look the same in the emoticons selector.

07) When adding the same emoticon 6 times, click Close and try to re-add an emoticon with the same shortcut as the old one it says it already exists.

08) When you resize the contact list too fast you can still have trimmed nicknames and unaligned ones.

09) When sending the icecream wink "Crying" the sounds loops forever.

10) When switching between the Message History log and a different window, "Connecting..." appears in the middle of the log.

11) When resizing a Message History log "Connecting..." appears in the middle.

12) When adding an animating gif with unlimited looping it only loops one time. What you need to do is make it repeat 65535 times to fake unlimited loops.

13) You can't "Get more" winks.

14) Phone bug (crashes MSN Messenger).

15) Sometimes the contact list randomly fades.

16) When a contact uses an illegal character and you try to view that person's chat log, MSN Messenger closes.

17) When you double-click on the hide/show DP it sometimes gets stuck inside the frame.

18) When sending custom animating emoticons you see the frames compressed into 19x19 pixels, but the destination contact sees them just fine. After your reboot you will see them correctly too.

19) When sending the same animated emoticon twice you see it full size.

20) You can't click a custom animating emoticon in your emoticon list if it has a same shortcut as a default emoticon.

21) When you click a Wink before the menu is fully loaded MSN Messenger crashes.

22) No content in the status information bar when your status is set to Busy.

As MSN Messenger 7 goes into private beta, Neowin has learned of several exploits resulting in the "winks" feature of MSN Messenger 7. A Neowin member wishing to remain anonymous has alerted us that users can generate their own flash movies and send them across MSN Messenger. As flash movies can open other things on the system such as Internet Explorer, this could be fatal. As MSN Messenger 7 is only beta and isn't available publically this isn't a major exploit but it does show that added features to a product like this makes it less secure and more open to attack/exploit.

TheDave
11-24-2004, 08:25 PM
i havent noticed anything yet :huh:

DanB
11-24-2004, 08:28 PM
I think they may have fixed the flash winks thing, that was dangerous it could let someone do virtually whatever they wanted on your pc