PDA

View Full Version : Just An Idea About This Forum...

Rocktron
03-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Hi Mods..

wouldn't it be great when in the near future it would be possible to refresh the "View New Posts" after one placed a new thread? Do you know what i mean?

I think it's very annoying when one just checked the new posts and reply, they have to click Back Back Back and don't see their own reply added to the new posts unless they click "View New Posts" again?
But when they do that the other "New" posts are gone.. (Hard to explain what i mean here in english..)

Just a extra button when someone has placed a new thread or reply... a "Refresh Search results with new post" or something..
Or am i just to lame.. am i missing an option in this board?

Love to hear what you've got to say about this! :rolleyes:
Keep up the good work!! :D

-=Rocktron=-

ps

Now i have to click Back Back Back... or "About our website and this forum" or "View New Posts" but my NEW search results will be gone... and i haven't even read them...? ;)

mrcall1969
03-29-2003, 03:32 PM
Erm.....This may seem like a radical idea, but can't you open the board on a seperate page and hit your browsers refresh button?

J'Pol
03-29-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by mrcall1969@29 March 2003 - 16:32
Erm.....This may seem like a radical idea, but can't you open the board on a seperate page and hit your browsers refresh button?
Just going to say that - F5

In fact do you even need another page. F5 refreshes the web page, so if there are new posts you see them. That's what I do.

mrcall1969
03-29-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by JmiF+29 March 2003 - 16:35--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 29 March 2003 - 16:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--mrcall1969@29 March 2003 - 16:32
Erm.....This may seem like a radical idea, but can&#39;t you open the board on a seperate page and hit your browsers refresh button?

In fact do you even need another page. F5 refreshes the web page, so if there are new posts you see them. That&#39;s what I do. [/b][/quote]
You&#39;re right, I always open the forum on a seperate page, I&#39;ve found on the KL page if you use Google etc you can&#39;t copy a pic.

Rocktron
03-29-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by JmiF+29 March 2003 - 16:35--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 29 March 2003 - 16:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--mrcall1969@29 March 2003 - 16:32
Erm.....This may seem like a radical idea, but can&#39;t you open the board on a seperate page and hit your browsers refresh button?

In fact do you even need another page. F5 refreshes the web page, so if there are new posts you see them. That&#39;s what I do. [/b][/quote]
Okay i will try that next time... hope it works&#33;
Thanks JmiF&#33; :D

And by the way.. i don&#39;t use Explore to get to this Forum.. i use the link on Klite itself..

(Never to young to learn&#33; :rolleyes: )

Edit: i just did F5 after my reply and it only refreshes this page.. it is not going back to the "View new Posts" that is what i want&#33;
I just want to see my "New" reply and the other "New Posts" i did not checked yet without clicking back back back...
(I knew this was hard to explain...)

Lamsey
03-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Do you mean the &#39;active topics&#39; thing that lists the latest posts?

I think the only way to do what you want is to have &#39;active topics&#39; as one of your Favourites. That way you can access it from the Favourites menu.

Rocktron
03-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@29 March 2003 - 22:43
Do you mean the &#39;active topics&#39; thing that lists the latest posts?

I think the only way to do what you want is to have &#39;active topics&#39; as one of your Favourites. That way you can access it from the Favourites menu.
Uhm... i mean..

When you click "View New Posts" and you see something you can help one with, and reply... and clicked "Add Reply"
.. okay so far..
What is the next thing you do? There are other post you haven&#39;t seen yet... How do you go back to the other New Posts?

Back back back back.. right???? Or is there another option i don&#39;t know???

J'Pol
03-29-2003, 10:33 PM
Rocktron mate I don&#39;t think anyone is being obtuse, we just aaren&#39;t understanding your problem.

If you want to go to a thread, without leaving the place you have open, then you can just right click on the link instead of left clicking on it. Then select the open in new window option. That way you have both at the same time.

When you are finished dealing with that thread just close it and the original window will still be there. You can do this as often as you want.

If you want to make sure the original page hasn&#39;t changed at all hit F5 and it will be refreshed and then up to date.

Otherwise I&#39;m sorry but I don&#39;t know what you are talking about. We really are trying to help here.

Bender
03-29-2003, 10:51 PM
If you&#39;re not sure about your English, post it in Dutch, that&#39;s not forbidden you know. :)
Rest assured that Jetje, me, and all the other &#39;Dutchies&#39; will help you. B)

edit: You can PM us as well.

Rocktron
03-29-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by JmiF@29 March 2003 - 23:33
Rocktron mate I don&#39;t think anyone is being obtuse, we just aaren&#39;t understanding your problem.

If you want to go to a thread, without leaving the place you have open, then you can just right click on the link instead of left clicking on it. Then select the open in new window option. That way you have both at the same time.

When you are finished dealing with that thread just close it and the original window will still be there. You can do this as often as you want.

If you want to make sure the original page hasn&#39;t changed at all hit F5 and it will be refreshed and then up to date.

Otherwise I&#39;m sorry but I don&#39;t know what you are talking about. We really are trying to help here.
Never mind JmiF.. i will send a PM to jetje or Bender about this in my own language... but thanks anyway&#33; :D
I think talkin to the Mods is the best thing....

Thanks for all the help&#33; :D

Lamsey
03-29-2003, 10:53 PM
RIGHT&#33; you mean the button next to &#39;My Controls&#39;, etc. - I never saw that before...

To be honest, I just tend to scan around each forum... all of the unviewed topics have a darker envelope symbol, so you can spot them easily that way...

Don&#39;t know how to help with your problem, though - I&#39;d suggesting using another method of browsing the forum.

J'Pol
03-29-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@29 March 2003 - 23:53
RIGHT&#33; you mean the button next to &#39;My Controls&#39;, etc. - I never saw that before...

To be honest, I just tend to scan around each forum... all of the unviewed topics have a darker envelope symbol, so you can spot them easily that way...

Don&#39;t know how to help with your problem, though - I&#39;d suggesting using another method of browsing the forum.
I can see what Rocktron is trying to do. Honestly using right click open in new window, along with F5 achieves this.

I think it is a language thing. One of the native Dutch (doesnīt actually exist) speakers should be able to sort it out.

If heīs trying to do what I think itīs not that difficult.

Rocktron
03-29-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Bender@29 March 2003 - 23:51
If you&#39;re not sure about your English, post it in Dutch, that&#39;s not forbidden you know. :)
Rest assured that Jetje, me, and all the other &#39;Dutchies&#39; will help you. B)

edit: You can PM us as well.
Okay potverdikkie.. weet je een beetje wat ik bedoel Bender?
(je was me net voor met dit berichtje&#33;&#33;)

(Ik stuur je wel een PM en probeer je te vertellen in het Nederlands wat ik bedoel oke?)

Doei&#33;

Translation: Allright&#33; You know what Bender? (you just beat me on my previous reply&#33;)
I will send you a PM and i will try to explain in Dutch what i mean okay?)

See Ya&#33;