PDA

View Full Version : Member Profile

Jon L. Obscene
11-25-2004, 10:30 AM
I noticed this morning something interesting :shifty:

Ok so we all know the the "Curent active user" thing does'nt work

vBulletin Message

Jon L. Obscene, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Fair enough, but when the switch was first made it became apparent that when a member views someones profile it says what time the last activity was, moderators got the same but also says what the person is doing (like the old member name list).
This is'nt really a problem but I thought I'd point out that Guests can see what members are doing.
This would sugguest that guests have permissions that members dont :frusty:

As I said, not bothered but thought it's something no one has noticed and would bring it to attention.

Jonno :cool:

Strangelove
11-25-2004, 10:58 AM
vBulletin Message

Jon L. Obscene,
Last Activity Masturbating at 10.57am Today

:ohmy:

Jon L. Obscene
11-25-2004, 11:03 AM
:ph34r:

{I}{K}{E}
11-26-2004, 11:39 AM
is it fixed now??? :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
11-26-2004, 01:19 PM
Jonno's masturbating? I don't think that will ever be fixed :unsure:

Rick Phlegm
11-26-2004, 02:47 PM
No.

manker
11-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Is what fixed now?

I couldn't make head nor tail of Jonno's post.

{I}{K}{E}
11-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Is what fixed now?

same here, so I checked some options and changed 1 or 2

Peerzy
11-26-2004, 04:25 PM
Where it shows who is online, there is a link in the title click it and it should show you what every peson is doing but it syas now that members don't have the powers to look at this but guests do...

Rick Phlegm
11-26-2004, 06:07 PM
Currently Active Users (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/onlinephp?)

{I}{K}{E}
11-26-2004, 06:10 PM
cant see an option 2 change this..
If anyone know how to change it please let me know ;)

Jon L. Obscene
11-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Is what fixed now?

Dude, click on someone's name and view profile, it says "Last Activity" then the time.

Now log out and do the same, it now tells you what some is viewing, this is an option the Staff have but not members, yet Guests have it.

@Ike.... Not sure dude I would think it's in "Manage User Groups" , there will prolly be an option there for it or maybe in Security & Privicy, it's a different setup to IPB so I'm not sure, there must be a help forum about somewhere for VB board Administration.

Edit: Having signed up for the Demo Cheese posted in the Lounge it seems I was right :)

User Groups

Who's Online Permissions

Can View Detailed Location Info for Users

Yes - No

Obviously Guests need setting to "No" , it's upto you what you do with Members :)

{I}{K}{E}
11-27-2004, 02:11 PM
User Groups

Who's Online Permissions

Can View Detailed Location Info for Users

Yes - No

Obviously Guests need setting to "No" , it's upto you what you do with Members :)

Usergroup: Unregistered / Not Logged

option -> Can View Detailed Location Info for Users = No

Its the same for the members group, so I think this isnt the option we are looking for.

tesco
11-27-2004, 05:47 PM
yes something is wrong.
at the bottom of the page you can click "Members currently active:" and i get an access denied-type message.

but if i log out and click it it works :lol:

{I}{K}{E}
11-27-2004, 05:52 PM
yes something is wrong.
at the bottom of the page you can click "Members currently active:" and i get an access denied-type message.

but if i log out and click it it works :lol:

I think I've fixed it...

Jon L. Obscene
11-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Yup, nice one Ike :01: