and the winner is...

FIRST PLACE

http://www.btinternet.com/%7Eknutty.knights/place1.jpg

Dr Spaulding
11-25-2004, 01:52 PM
you must be proud, though i think the runner up should've won it

Everose
11-25-2004, 01:54 PM
That third place woman ought to gently place her bundle on top of that man's head. Maybe the cigarette will then catch it on fire.

Dang that was a wicked thought on an otherwise thankful day. :D

manker
11-25-2004, 01:56 PM
http://www.btinternet.com/%7Eknutty.knights/place3.jpg

:lol: :lol:

He is even smoking :01:

Everose
11-25-2004, 01:59 PM
I noticed that right off. :D She is working, he gets to smoke.

Noticed I changed my sig to 'kindness matters' and the first thing I posted was rather bitchey?

Not nice today, I guess. :huh:

manker
11-25-2004, 02:14 PM
I noticed that right off. :D She is working, he gets to smoke.

Noticed I changed my sig to 'kindness matters' and the first thing I posted was rather bitchey?

Not nice today, I guess. :huh:I think I must have missed that, 'Rose.

All I've seen of your posts today has been your usual well mannered self - it is good to see you around, btw. Have you been particularly busy recently?

Kindess does matter tho' - used sparingly and with much consideration such that those less scrupulous than yourself will not consider you a soft touch ;)

Strangelove
11-25-2004, 02:24 PM
Where did you get pictures of my last 3 boyfriends? :blink:

100%
11-25-2004, 02:29 PM
http://s04.imagehost.org/0756/lowrider.gif.....

Everose
11-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Where did you get pictures of my last 3 boyfriends? :blink:

:ohmy: Oh no. We have got to talk.

Everose
11-25-2004, 02:48 PM
I think I must have missed that, 'Rose.

All I've seen of your posts today has been your usual well mannered self - it is good to see you around, btw. Have you been particularly busy recently?

Kindess does matter tho' - used sparingly and with much consideration such that those less scrupulous than yourself will not consider you a soft touch ;)

Thank you Manker. Was not up to par for a week before Mr. Cloud forced me to go to the Dr. Then a week in hospital. But things are on the up and up now.

One good thing, last Sunday Eve as I was sitting on the front step of the hospital right under the American Flag and the snow was falling down around me (little touch of the atmosphere there, and the dramatic. :blushing: ) I made the decision that something had to change....so am going to quit the smoking......tis the one thing I can and will control. :D

And as far as the 'soft touch?' Never fear......people usually reconsider when they have been touched by my occasional thorn. :lol:

And the babe? How is he this fine day?

manker
11-25-2004, 02:56 PM
:D

I am glad to hear that tho' I was unaware that you weren't feeling so good. It is also good to read about you giving up smoking, I'm afraid that we're in the same boat. I gave up initially last March, just before the babe was born - he is blooming, incidently. Thank you for asking :flowers:

My non-smoking status lapsed more than a month back, but I'm back suffering with the cravings now and have been for a little under 2 weeks. It's not pleasant but, like you, I think I'll succeed. Eventually :lol:

Everose
11-25-2004, 03:00 PM
They say the important thing is not to 'quit' quitting, Manker. Now that is an adjustment for me. All my life I am told not to be a 'quitter'........stay right in there........don't give up! Now I am trying to say 'keep quitting, keep quitting, keep quitting!!' :lol:

Dang. 'Quit' has such a clear, concise, snapping sound to it, doesn't it? :blink:

Manker, while in the hospital, they had me wear this little heart monitor. (No heart problems, that was checked out very thoroughly, and mine is working great, but they made me wear one anyway.) Anyway, I 'snuck' out about six times during my stay for a quick smoke outside. They finally told me I wasn't fooling anyone, that while outside smoking, my monitor beeped at their desk and drove them crazy as my heart rate went up considerably each time I smoked. :D Kind of showed me the effect it does have on you, though. :unsure:

manker
11-25-2004, 03:11 PM
It surely does. If only the reality of it were the same - once you've quit, there is no going back. Regarding other things too, not just smoking.

I fear I may be a slave to the weed until such a time as it's banned in my local pub, that's the only place my defences seem to slip :(

Everose
11-25-2004, 03:22 PM
I think I understand what you are saying, Manker. Sometimes, the habits, the friends, the good moments and memories and the haunts are lost, too, in making such a change? :( ................

It is a scary thing to start making new ones of all the above.

:) But a challenge, too, no?

A rough one for me is Mr. Cloud smokes. Tis a hard thing. I don't want to become a nagging reformed smoker. He lives here too, and has his rights.

HEY!!!! I think I figured it out, Manker. I need to find me a 'smokeless' pub where I can spend some time in! :lol: :lol:

manker
11-25-2004, 03:31 PM
I am looking forward to becoming a nagging ex-smoker :D

You're right though in both instances of what you say above, it is a challenge - and one that I am inspired by ... sometimes. Often though, since I'm not prepared to change my lifestyle dramatically, the temptation to light up while drinking gets the better of me.

It's going to be a bit tricky for you too if Mr Cloud (curious pet name :D ) continues to smoke indoors but you seem a lot more confident that I at this moment. Is there no possibility you could turn him into a porch smoker?

Everose
11-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Very strong possibility. He has already volunteered to not smoke in the house. That will help a lot. We smoke a lot on the patio with our coffee, though. :( I will have to avoid the patio for awhile. Or take some carrots or something to munch on.

:ohmy: Oh my gosh. Carrots. Relish Plate. Thanksgiving Dinner at my parents.

I need to get myself and my relish plate I am taking ready. I am late!!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving Day everyone!

Later!!

Strangelove
11-25-2004, 06:03 PM
We dont celebrate it here, but have a good one Everose :)