PDA

View Full Version : Your Genes Unzipped

Everose
11-26-2004, 01:58 AM
Your Genes Unzipped (http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1353062004)

I don't know what to make of this. I am still pondering it. I loved the name given the book, though. Pretty clever. :D

I guess I never considered such a thing as being genetically driven. I also never thought of it as looking for a person genetically superior to your mate.

What does everyone else think?

Barbarossa
11-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Load of baloney. People make their own choices, not everything is genetically predetermined.

hobbes
11-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Load of baloney. People make their own choices, not everything is genetically predetermined.

I don't think the study is "baloney", at all. I think certain people have a genetic predisposition to "cheat".

I fully agree with you that people can conciously NOT act on their genetic urges, and that this genetic predispostion gives them no legitimate excuse for doing so.

Alcoholism has strong genetic links as well, but no DNA I've ever seen can open a bottle.

We are all animals, filled with urges. Smelling a delicious meal makes me salivate and desire that food. Do I knock people over and steal their food? No, we are living in a society with "rules of conduct". We have a concious awareness of the "big picture" which overlays our primtive urges.

One may have stronger urges to cheat or have a drink of alcohol than the average person, but acting on these urges, knowing full well the consequence, is totally inapproriate.

The article presents an opposing argument that people who cheat may have grown up in a household in which people looked the other way in regard to unfaithful behavior. Since parents are role models, children growing up in this environment might see this as an appropriate way to act. "Do what I say, not what I do" has never been a very successful way to raise children. Parents lead by example, even if they don't know it

I think both men have valid points and the final answer is a combination of genetics and environment.

vidcc
11-26-2004, 05:47 PM
I agree that we are genetically pre-programed to be more liable to certain behaviour and we do have a choice to not act on it.

As an example men with high levels of testosterone are naturally more aggressive. This difference can be seen with the eye if anyone has ever known a gentile person that started to "cheat" in certain sports such as body building by taking hormones etc....

The article presents an opposing argument that people who cheat may have grown up in a household in which people looked the other way in regard to unfaithful behavior. Since parents are role models, children growing up in this environment might see this as an appropriate way to act. "Do what I say, not what I do" has never been a very successful way to raise children. Parents lead by example, even if they don't know it

I think both men have valid points and the final answer is a combination of genetics and environment.
I agree with this...but not just as a way to influence children...it works in world diplomacy as well ;)

bigboab
11-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Oops sorry.:( I though it said your jeans unzipped.:rolleyes:

Busyman
11-29-2004, 01:43 PM
I don't think the study is "baloney", at all. I think certain people have a genetic predisposition to "cheat".

I fully agree with you that people can conciously NOT act on their genetic urges, and that this genetic predispostion gives them no legitimate excuse for doing so.

Alcoholism has strong genetic links as well, but no DNA I've ever seen can open a bottle.

We are all animals, filled with urges. Smelling a delicious meal makes me salivate and desire that food. Do I knock people over and steal their food? No, we are living in a society with "rules of conduct". We have a concious awareness of the "big picture" which overlays our primtive urges.

One may have stronger urges to cheat or have a drink of alcohol than the average person, but acting on these urges, knowing full well the consequence, is totally inapproriate.

It is bullshit.

Were the women happy in their relationship?

Were they promiscuous before marriage?

Did they have an affair before marriage?

Are their clits ultra sensitive?

Comparing alcoholism to "cheating" is ludicrous.

Alcoholism is relating to physical as well mental dependency.

Cheating is a behavior. One can cum with their mate but these women choose not to.

All you guys believe anything that has a "study". Use the brain man.

"Studies" showed Phen Phen was good for you.

"Studies" showed Vioxx was too.

hobbes
11-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Alcoholism- genetic predisposition
Alcoholic- one who acts on said predisposition

Horny momma- lady born with enhanced sexual appetite
Cheater- one who violates her husbands trust to get off.

Both cases have a genetic predisposition
Both cases are strictly a matter of choice in regard to action.

Alcoholism and Horny mommas NEVER have to become alcoholics and cheaters, that is their choice.

Thanks, the analogy was perfect.

I don't even think you read my post and you certainly didn't read the article. The author clearly stated that there is NO cheating gene. "Cheating" is a human concept. I clearly stated that it was a predisposition to have desires, but the cheating was fully a matter of choice.

By the way, this fits very nicely into our discussion of homosexuals. They are genetical constituted to be attracted to men AND they act on it since it harms no one (unlike alcoholism or cheating).

By the way "Bullshit" is not a rebuttal and calling something ludacris but not explaining why it is such, is merely a rant.

Thank you and please drive through. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Busyman
11-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Alcoholism- genetic predisposition
Alcoholic- one who acts on said predisposition

Horny momma- lady born with enhanced sexual appetite
Cheater- one who violates her husbands trust to get off.

Both cases have a genetic predisposition
Both cases are strictly a matter of choice in regard to action.

Alcoholism and Horny mommas NEVER have to become alcoholics and cheaters, that is their choice.

Thanks, the analogy was perfect.

I don't even think you read my post and you certainly didn't read the article. The author clearly stated that there is NO cheating gene. "Cheating" is a human concept. I clearly stated that it was a predisposition to have desires, but the cheating was fully a matter of choice.

By the way, this fits very nicely into our discussion of homosexuals. They are genetical constituted to be attracted to men AND they act on it since it harms no one (unlike alcoholism or cheating).

By the way "Bullshit" is not a rebuttal and calling something ludacris but not explaining why it is such, is merely a rant.

Thank you and please drive through. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:
Oh good we agree. There is no cheating gene.

Your analogy is not perfect.

You just compared an act and concept to a psychophysiological disorder. :lol: :lol:
There is no predisposition to cheat. There may be a predisposition to fuck alot but not cheat. Get it right.

Scientists are trying apply a concept that is environmental as it relates to choice.
I wonder did they ask other questions as it relates to those women's lives.
Did they ask were their clits very sensitive? What about those that were not orgasmic?

Some folks want their names in the papers.

I've heard the same about children who grow up with one parent abusing the other. There could be a genetic disposition to aggression (which can be linked to hormones) and/or it can be environmental.

You say that this fits nicely with the homosexual discussion. How is it that a man is attracted to another man? What makes him attracted to that man?

I know what I'm attracted to about a woman but even that is different from other men. Why is this line drawn only between the sexes and not my particular desires as a heterosexual?

"butbutbut....it's sexuality....it's,it's,it's genetic."

vidcc
11-29-2004, 03:34 PM
I know what I'm attracted to about a woman but even that is different from other men. Why is this line drawn only between the sexes and not my particular desires as a heterosexual?

"butbutbut....it's sexuality....it's,it's,it's genetic."
you like women with big butts...not men with big butts...so wouldn't it be fair to say that liking big butts is not your sexuality, but a preference within your sexuality ?

round and round we go :rolleyes:

vidcc
11-29-2004, 03:37 PM
heterosexual.

1.Sexually oriented to persons of the opposite sex.
2.Of or relating to different sexes.

homosexual.

1 : of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward individuals of one's own sex

2 : of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between individuals of the same sex

Busyman
11-29-2004, 03:41 PM
you like women with big butts...not men with big butts...so wouldn't it be fair to say that liking big butts is not your sexuality, but a preference within your sexuality ?

round and round we go :rolleyes:

round and round we go nuthin'..

It's all part of sexuality, you know, sexual desire.

Since you are looking up words, look up the multiple entries for sexuality.

You seem to want to pigeon hole the word to only your liking.

vidcc
11-29-2004, 04:10 PM
that's the meaning of the words, it is not pigeon holing... liking big breasts on women is just part of heterosexuality

Busyman
11-29-2004, 04:24 PM
that's the meaning of the words, it is not pigeon holing... liking big breasts on women is just part of heterosexuality

Uh huh....heterosexuality.

Every study seems to ignore bisexuality.

Hetero, bi, and homosexuality are words to describe the desires and behaviors between genders and that's it.

It's all sexuality...even people who desire animals. :sick:

Pigeonhole that. :sick:

Btw, did you look up sexuality or not? :unsure:

vidcc
11-29-2004, 04:44 PM
gay/bi/hetero...what does it matter? all have preference WITHIN their sexuality

Busyman
11-29-2004, 05:18 PM
gay/bi/hetero...what does it matter? all have preference WITHIN their sexuality
We all have preference.

Label how you wish.

vidcc
11-29-2004, 05:35 PM

Label how you wish.
i have

Busyman
11-29-2004, 05:57 PM
i have
Great.

What's the label for a person who likes sex with animals?

vidcc
11-29-2004, 05:58 PM
beastiality

Busyman
11-29-2004, 06:03 PM
beastiality
1. Remove the first a.

2. That describes the act not the person.

Where the hell is that label?

vidcc
11-29-2004, 06:29 PM
what is your point here?

look it's simple....hetero....liking just the opposite sex

homo..liking just the same sex

bi....liking both the same sex and the opposite sex

a man that likes big breasts on women but not men is hetro....a man that likes small breast on women but not men is hetro....that's part of heterosexuality

if those men like men as well, then they are bisexual.

why are you trying to complicate a simple thing...some people also have SUB catergories

let's take an example man

1. he likes women only....he is hetro

2. he likes big breasts, but not on men....hetro

3 . he likes to dress in womens clothes... still hetro, only now he is a heterosexual transvestite.

4 He masturbates thinking about women because he has no woman, in fact he is a virgin.... still hetro, but now he is a hetro virgin wanker that is also a transvestite.

The only thing that could change the heterosexual bit is if this man liked the same sex

Busyman
11-29-2004, 06:35 PM
what is your point here?

look it's simple....hetero....liking just the opposite sex

homo..liking just the same sex

bi....liking both the same sex and the opposite sex

a man that likes big breasts on women but not men is hetro....a man that likes small breast on women but not men is hetro....that's part of heterosexuality

if those men like men as well, then they are bisexual.

why are you trying to complicate a simple thing...some people also have SUB catergories

let's take an example man

1. he likes women only....he is hetro

2. he likes big breasts, but not on men....hetro

3 . he likes to dress in womens clothes... still hetro, only now he is a heterosexual transvestite.

4 He masturbates thinking about women because he has no woman, in fact he is a virgin.... still hetro, but now he is a hetro virgin wanker that is also a transvestite.

The only thing that could change the heterosexual bit is if this man liked the same sex
Oh wow...is a person born a transvestite? :lol: :lol: :lol:

vidcc
11-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Oh wow...is a person born a transvestite? :lol: :lol: :lol:
don't be silly, clothes are man made objects

Busyman
11-29-2004, 06:40 PM
don't be silly, clothes are man made objects
So?

vidcc
11-29-2004, 06:46 PM
So?

so don't be silly, it is irrelevent to your point..... it's asthetics, not nature

Busyman
11-29-2004, 07:27 PM
so don't be silly, it is irrelevent to your point..... it's asthetics, not nature
What attracts one person to another then?

ESP?

vidcc
11-29-2004, 07:36 PM
What attracts one person to another then?

ESP?
you have your preference..... WITHIN YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION..be it straight, Gay , Bi... inter-species..................

disclaimer.

The content of this post is to be taken as a generalisation. No responsibility can be taken for any excluded possibilities and the reader has to accept that not every possibility is covered. This does in no way mean that those instances not covered are considered irrelevent by the poster or have been ignored and also does not mean that the examples given are absolute.

hobbes
11-29-2004, 08:57 PM
We like women because that is what our minds tell us to think.

Just like the food smells we find so yummy, the mind processes the sensory data we receive from women which is visual, tactile, olfactory and chemical (phermones) and sums it up to "attraction".

When the data doesn't quite fit, such as transvesites, we pick up those subtle male traits like the squaring of the jaw and subtle facial stubble. Sometimes you can't even pin it down, you just get that uneasy feeling that something is not right. Maybe that is the phermones or something. Your senses say that you are seeing a "chick", but the male coming from "her" phermones are confusing the mind. Doesn't really matter the details.

Once we find the gender which causes this arousal, we then sub-select within it.

I certainly know tons of "going home with an ugly chick because I was drunk" stories, and zero "slept with a guy because I was drunk". With most of us the switch is either full male or full female.

You are just a bisexual who thinks that we are all lying about this.

Back to the article,

Generally speaking,
Men have much more arousal based on visual cues than do women. For men, sex can be as emotionally detached as masturbation. You screw, say thanks, then leave. In general, women are more emotionally motivated to have sex. Sure they find men attractive, but that does not go hand in hand with a desire to have sex (unless they are drunk :devil: ). They generally want an emotional attachment before giving in.

I think the article merely highlights that women have different levels of sexual aggressiveness inherent in their genes.

Genetics driving urges and concious thought acting on them.

The title "Unzipping Genes" was just an effort to make the topic interesting to the typical Jerry Springer watching American.

Busyman
11-29-2004, 09:47 PM
We like women because that is what our minds tell us to think.

Just like the food smells we find so yummy, the mind processes the sensory data we receive from women which is visual, tactile, olfactory and chemical (phermones) and sums it up to "attraction".

When the data doesn't quite fit, such as transvesites, we pick up those subtle male traits like the squaring of the jaw and subtle facial stubble. Sometimes you can't even pin it down, you just get that uneasy feeling that something is not right. Maybe that is the phermones or something. Your senses say that you are seeing a "chick", but the male coming from "her" phermones are confusing the mind. Doesn't really matter the details.

Once we find the gender which causes this arousal, we then sub-select within it.

I certainly know tons of "going home with an ugly chick because I was drunk" stories, and zero "slept with a guy because I was drunk". With most of us the switch is either full male or full female.

You are just a bisexual who thinks that we are all lying about this.

You are a just flaming homosexual bitch that wants to justify his own actions by saying you were born that way and you can't help yourself for wanting men inside you :(

Stay out of this :ohmy: and this :whistling position. :no: :helpsmili

You don't have to justify it. It's who you are. Mmmmmk.

Moving on....
Gotta go be back. :devil:

hobbes
11-29-2004, 09:51 PM
As far as my analogy it is perfect.

Alcoholism is a tendancy to become dependent on alcohol at the sake of ones overall health. Due to genetic traits some people are more inclined to dedicate their lives to drinking.

There are alcoholic mice Busyman, you press one button, you get alcohol, you press another you get food. These mice just keep drinking.

Horny females are women who have strong innate desires to couple with many different suitors. Based on the genetic predispostion they are more likely to screw around. And horny mice do the same, they keep gettin' humped.

"Cheating" is a psychophysiologic problem if we must talk like Frued.

The physiology is the desire
The psychology is how it effects our functioning in society.

A cheating wife causes as much distress as a drunk husband who doesn't go to work.

:01: The analogy king has spoken :01:

Everose
11-30-2004, 03:25 AM
Well. I don't know how they can actually come up with a genetic predisposition in this. To me, there are just way too many variables.

In the first place, if one of my parents messed around, I never heard about it, and I don't think I will ask them, even for research reasons. :D

I did have a great grandmother who ran off with the hired man. This kind of surprised me, actually I was rather interested in it because I don't think this was done often in that day and age. No one would say too much about her, so I started digging. It finally came out that she and her husband had taken in this young teenage gal who was without family. And that led to the fact that in the end, my great grandfather really kind of blamed himself, because he had gone off to California with this young gal for a considerable time, etc. :D

I would have to conclude that if it is genetic, things such as self control, reason, etc. could and probably do overide it. And if you aren't geneticaly inclined to cheat, things like state of current relationship, and such could overide that.

Just too many darn variables. Too many different situations.

All things considered, it might make for interesting conversations in the future. I could start asking friends that I know have been unfaithful if they feel it was a genetic tendency or something else. :P

Does anyone know anything about their own ancestors sexual activity? I guess all I know is my greatgrandmother ran off with the hired man. No one said she was doing anything else with him. :lol: :lol:

Barbarossa
11-30-2004, 09:30 AM
""Genetics" seems to be a very hip new scapegoat for people not to be responsible for their own actions... ;)

It's pathetic.

Busyman
11-30-2004, 01:23 PM
As far as my analogy it is perfect.

Alcoholism is a tendancy to become dependent on alcohol at the sake of ones overall health. Due to genetic traits some people are more inclined to dedicate their lives to drinking.

There are alcoholic mice Busyman, you press one button, you get alcohol, you press another you get food. These mice just keep drinking.

Horny females are women who have strong innate desires to couple with many different suitors. Based on the genetic predispostion they are more likely to screw around. And horny mice do the same, they keep gettin' humped.

The physiology is the desire
The psychology is how it effects our functioning in society.

A cheating wife causes as much distress as a drunk husband who doesn't go to work.

:01: The analogy king has spoken :01:
Your analogy is still is flawed.

"Cheating" is a concept. Alcoholism isn't.
The physiology is not the desire unless you are referring to the chemical process of one's hormones. Otherwise desire is mental.
The psychology is the desire if anything.

Stop bastardizing terms to fit your arguments. You take clearly theoretical science and say "it is".

:01: The Analogy King Killer has spoken :01:

I like how you use what I said earlier

You just compared an act and concept to a psychophysiological disorder.

....like it's new, if we must talk Fraud. :dry:

Maybe it's to appear learned, eh. :huh:

Busyman
11-30-2004, 01:40 PM
One desires alcohol.
One desires sexual fulfilment.

One may then follow up on that desire. However one has the choice whether or not to do so. Not following up on the desire is not the point. You are no less an alcoholic, just because you don't drink.

Someone can be an alcoholic for forty years and never take a drink. At least that is how Alcoholics Anonymous see it.
An AA member told me also that if one desires to drink alcohol, they are an alcoholic. :dry:

I think alot of what AA says is just to combat alcoholism on the mental level.

Busyman
11-30-2004, 01:50 PM
Well if you think that, then that's OK then. Forget the scientific research and countless examples of anecdotal evidence.

What chance has it got against your "common sense".

I apologise for wasting your valuable time.
Huh...wtf are you on about?

Scientific research? Anecdotal evidence?

Uh no. Very simply I view an alcoholic as a person who drinks alcohol excessively and/or is dependent on it.

Common sense? In this case, maybe so as it coincides with it's very definition. :dry:

Thanks for wasting my time.

Jpaulism at it's best.

Busyman
11-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Typical of your "debating" technique.

Been there, seen it done by you and others. Just as tiresome now as it was then.
Your debating technique? You mean Jpaulism?

You just made a point about my post for nothing.

Your point didn't even apply.

Been there, seen it done by you countless times. Just as tiresome now as it was then.

Stay anonymous. ;)

vidcc
11-30-2004, 02:46 PM
Busy.

do you know what the side effects of taking things like testosterone are?

Hint: i'm looking for behavioural side effects

Busyman
11-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Busy.

do you know what the side effects of taking things like testosterone are?

Hint: i'm looking for behavioural side effects
More aggression.

vidcc
11-30-2004, 03:56 PM
More aggression.
correct.

so if a chemical/hormonal..etc. imbalance in the body causes a change in behavior, why can't a natural imbalance of one or more chemicals/hormones..etc be a possible reason for why people are Gay/bi/heterosexual or more prone to cheating ?

disclaimer.

The content of this post is to be taken as a generalization. No responsibility can be taken for any excluded possibilities and the reader has to accept that not every possibility is covered. This does in no way mean that those instances not covered are considered irrelevant by the poster or have been ignored and also does not mean that the examples given are absolute.

Busyman
11-30-2004, 04:33 PM
correct.

so if a chemical/hormonal..etc. imbalance in the body causes a change in behavior, why can't a natural imbalance of one or more chemicals/hormones..etc be a possible reason for why people are Gay/bi/heterosexual or more prone to cheating ?

disclaimer.

The content of this post is to be taken as a generalization. No responsibility can be taken for any excluded possibilities and the reader has to accept that not every possibility is covered. This does in no way mean that those instances not covered are considered irrelevant by the poster or have been ignored and also does not mean that the examples given are absolute.
Gay/bi/heterosexual, no

Cheating, the same as increased testerone makes one more prone to murder.

Cheating is a concept based on choice.

Increased sexual drive can be for your mate. We are driven to fuck by hormones. Cut a dude's nuts off and his drive drops considerably.

manker
11-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Busy.

What I believe vid is getting at is that if the sexual drive is of a higher level then it is more likely to be higher than that of your mate than if your sex drive was low.

Having a higher sex drive would leading to the mate saying no to sex, on occasion.

This may lead to sexual frustration which would make a person more inclined to cheat than a person who has all of his sexual desires met by his mate so is not sexually frustrated.

Cheating is a choice but sexually frustrated horny men are more likely to make that choice than sexually content men.

OK?

vidcc
11-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Why not for sexual orientation?
You agree that hormones affect behavior... We produce these naturally.
You have argued that homosexuality is a behavior choice, so why can't it be driven by the genetic/chemical/hormonal make up of the body?

I shouldn't have put heterosexual in there as that would be naturally balanced, but I believe the imbalance could explain the others.

disclaimer.

The content of this post is to be taken as a generalization. No responsibility can be taken for any excluded possibilities and the reader has to accept that not every possibility is covered. This does in no way mean that those instances not covered are considered irrelevant by the poster or have been ignored and also does not mean that the examples given are absolute

Busyman
11-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Busy.

What I believe vid is getting at is that if the sexual drive is of a higher level then it is more likely to be higher than that of your mate than if your sex drive was low.

Having a higher sex drive would leading to the mate saying no to sex, on occasion.

This may lead to sexual frustration which would make a person more inclined to cheat than a person who has all of his sexual desires met by his mate so is not sexually frustrated.

Cheating is a choice but sexually frustrated horny men are more likely to make that choice than sexually content men.

OK?
No, not quite ok.

I don't believe vid was even alluding to what you are although he latch on to it now.

Other than that, I agree. If one's sex drive is higher than the other AND the other is saying no, then yes that person is more prone too cheat.

OK, sure. :)

I don't believe this is the primary reason for cheating.

For some, it's simple variety. When I was single playing the field, I liked the different personalities of women, the adventure of it all, even down to the feel of different pussy.

I've coined it....Fresh and New Syndrome or FNS.

I believe this happens with couples as well.

When I have cheated, it was those women's different personalities that created excitement. Then I wanted to know what it was like to make her cum or what it would be like for her to make me do the same. She was different than the one I was with. It's as simple as one wanting to wear a different hairstyle because they are tired of not just the old one, but the current one.

I've been the other man and had women sneaking away from their man to fuck and it was always hilarious what they told me.

"He always plays Playstation"

"He watches TV all the time"

"He's never home"

"He doesn't hit it like he used to"

"I want to just get away from the kids and him sometimes"

Genetics...I don't think so.

manker
11-30-2004, 05:29 PM
No, not quite ok.

I don't believe vid was even alluding to what you are although he latch on to it now.

Other than that, I agree. If one's sex drive is higher than the other AND the other is saying no, then yes that person is more prone too cheat.

OK, sure. :)

I don't believe this is the primary reason for cheating.

For some, it's simple variety.
Shit. I thought it was what vid was getting at. Apologies :blushing:

Anyway, It seems as if we agree. A higher sex drive of one partner - which has to be genetic - can be a cause of cheating.

As can the guy or woman just wanting a change or being a bastard - not genetic.

vidcc
11-30-2004, 05:31 PM
No, not quite ok.

So i didn't mention "prone to cheating" in that post? :rolleyes: oh hum...

face it.... manker got it...you didn't

BTW how was i latching onto it?... i was replying to you saying no to "gay/bi" etc., you appeared to have agreed that the imbalance helps the behavior "sin" so i was asking about the part you disagreed with...without saying why.

disclaimer.

The content of this post is to be taken as a generalization. No responsibility can be taken for any excluded possibilities and the reader has to accept that not every possibility is covered. This does in no way mean that those instances not covered are considered irrelevant by the poster or have been ignored and also does not mean that the examples given are absolute

Busyman
11-30-2004, 05:38 PM
You have argued that homosexuality is a behavior choice, so why can't it be driven by the genetic/chemical/hormonal make up of the body?

I shouldn't have put heterosexual in there as that would be naturally balanced, but I believe the imbalance could explain the others.

disclaimer.

I don't believe homosexuals or bisexuals are imbalanced.
Homosexual behavior is a choice.

What one likes sexually is based on esthetics. If this is the case, hormonal imbalance could make one more sexually aggressive but making a man see dick and get a hard-on versus not getting it for twat is going too far.

To put it bluntly.

One's individual sexual turn-ons are based on esthetics. You draw the line at what gender one has sex with. I think it's purely esthetics and homo, hetero, and bi labels are means of describing one's sexual behavior by the masses.

vidcc
11-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Homosexual behavior is a choice.. so does one have to actually commit the act to be homosexual?

One's individual sexual turn-ons are based on esthetics.
yes turn ons are based on asthetics ....within your sexual orientation.

You draw the line at what gender one has sex with. I think it's purely esthetics and homo, hetero, and bi labels are means of describing one's sexual behavior by the masses
so what would you call the sexual orientation of a man that is purely turned on by women with big butts ?

what would you call the sexual orientation of a man that is purely turned on by men with big dicks?

i don't see what your point is

vidcc
11-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by vidcc

Homosexual behavior is a choice.
you just stated what i said you already stated

the question is why can't it be driven by the genetic/chemical/hormonal make up of the body?

especially when other things are affected....you do agree that things such as agression are affected?...yes you already said so

Busyman
11-30-2004, 05:57 PM
So i didn't mention "prone to cheating" in that post? :rolleyes: oh hum...

face it.... manker got it...you didn't

BTW how was i latching onto it?... i was replying to you saying no to "gay/bi" etc., you appeared to have agreed that the imbalance helps the behavior "sin" so i was asking about the part you disagreed with...without saying why.

disclaimer.

Dude, do you read the words separately or aLl together?

You may have mentioned prone to cheat but manker mentioned much than that.
He mentioned one having a higher sex drive than the other as it relates to cheating. You did not. All you mentioned was "prone to cheat". I even mentioned questions regarding this earlier in the thread.

No one said you did latch on to it. I said you would do it now. READ.

vidcc
11-30-2004, 06:04 PM
Dude, do you read the words separately or aLl together?

You may have mentioned prone to cheat but manker mentioned much than that.
He mentioned one having a higher sex drive than the other as it relates to cheating. You did not. All you mentioned was "prone to cheat". I even mentioned questions regarding this earlier in the thread.

No one said you did latch on to it. I said you would do it now. READ.
no you said this

perhaps i forgot the disclaimer.... i didn't think i needed a whole essay to make a simple point.

you missed the point, it's ok, if ever it happens i will gladly expand without sarcasm.

Busyman
11-30-2004, 06:10 PM
so does one have to actually commit the act to be homosexual?

No, but the behavior is a choice.

yes turn ons are based on asthetics ....within your sexual orientation.

Nevertheless, esthetics. There's probably a name for a person that likes to fuck sheep too...a sheepasexual or some shit. I could call that his sexual orientation 'cause that's what turns him on. Do I think he was born to get turned-on to sheep ass? Nope.

so what would you call the sexual orientation of a man that is purely turned on by women with big butts ?

Heterosexual.

what would you call the sexual orientation of a man that is purely turned on by men with big dicks?

Gay as hell.

Go back 3 green responses then. :dry:

Busyman
11-30-2004, 06:11 PM
no you said this

perhaps i forgot the disclaimer.... i didn't think i needed a whole essay to make a simple point.

you missed the point, it's ok, if ever it happens i will gladly expand without sarcasm.
Go for it.

manker delved deeper into why a person would cheat. You did not.

What is this "no you said this"?

I know what I said and it was explained for the nonRIFists.

I did leave out the word "would" but you "should" have gotten it from the word "now".

vidcc
11-30-2004, 06:13 PM

Heterosexual.

Gay as hell.

Go back 2 green responses then. :dry:
so if you agree that they are Homo/hetero...why are you trying to say lables don't matter?

vidcc
11-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Go for it.

manker delved deeper into why a person would cheat. You did not.

:rolleyes:

Busyman
11-30-2004, 06:20 PM
so if you agree that they are Homo/hetero...why are you trying to say lables don't matter?
Good lord man. I initially took you for a deeper thinker than that.

I NEVER said labels don't matter.

I said those labels are merely a means to describe a behavior. Veeeeery simple.

Homosexual - sex with the same sex

Furthermore I don't believe there is a "I like pussyonly chemical, or gene."

RIF DAMNIT!!!! :lol: :lol:

vidcc
11-30-2004, 06:23 PM
i'm going to have to use this guy again :rolleyes:

Busyman
11-30-2004, 06:26 PM
i'm going to have to use this guy again :rolleyes:
That happens when there is nothing to say.

It goes further when there is an explanation that you "have to use this guy again" when it's fairly obvious by the rolling eyes that you fancy using the guy often.

vidcc
11-30-2004, 06:55 PM
That happens when there is nothing to say.

It goes further when there is an explanation that you "have to use this guy again" when it's fairly obvious by the rolling eyes that you fancy using the guy often.everything you need is in the preceeding posts

READ

hobbes
11-30-2004, 07:26 PM
Busy,

A desire to have sex is an "urge".
The desire to drink alcohol is an "urge".

If one has a higher desire to have sex than the average person, one is more likely to commit the act of sexual intercourse, whether it is a single person or a married one.

If a person has a higher desire to drink than the average person, one is more likely to manifest alcoholism.

In both cases the urges are there.

As the article clearly pointed out, social factors largely influence whether the person attempts to resist the urge or caves it to. Upbringing, religion, harmony in the relationship, stress at work, feeling unattractive. These are factor which make the person either more likely or less likely to act on urges.

There are many reasons why women "cheat" and most of the time it is not about " primal sex". The author was in no way saying that genetics was the cause of cheating, but he stated that it was one of the many factors in the equation.

The author also pointed out that social influences were more influential than genetic, in determining whether women acted on their desires. The desire was there but they did not act.

As Vidcc says, as we dose one up with testosterone, the likelihood of violent behavior increases. Many social factors influence whether we actually manifest aggressive behavior, but the higher the dose, the higher the likelihood that some small incident will make one act out.

A good example to generalize how chemical balance in the body can influence behavior, a chemical balance determined by our genetics.

Have you ever posted here or anywhere, the regretted what you said? You realize that influences, acting on your baseline temper caused you to momentariliy "snap". You are more likely to get on a rant than Biggles. Why? Your genetic tempermant.

How do you explain alcoholic mice? Some mice drink alcohol and never touch it again. Others will start choosing it over food because the minds says "alcohol" good. The mouse does not have a psychological disorder, he has a gentic predisposition. It's simple genetics.

And your a futt bucker :frusty: