PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Movie?

pussymasterzee
03-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Whats the scariest movie you have seen. Mine is THE RING it was soooo sooo soo scary n i dont usually get scared of movies but this one was so scary i had my hand over my face like a little girl. :blink:

ezyryder
03-29-2003, 04:12 PM
I didn't find the movie scary sadly. I am not trying to build a macho image for myself, but frankly I found it entertaining but not scary. The first scene was the only scary bit I found with the suspence aspect where the tv went on and off etc. My scariest movie, well I'm not sure most of the scariest movies I would say are nothing to me now that I have aged. I suppose the style of movie that gets me most scared are those who use more psychalogical fear (not the blair witch) for example they take moments where you feel most vurnable, such as a tall ghostly figure standing over your bed at night. These things where your mind could play tricks on you in the real life I believe makes the best suspence, scariest movies.

Curley
03-29-2003, 04:53 PM
The Ring is scary, but not the most scariest i've ever seen.

I saw Friday the 13th part 1 and Nightmare on Elm Street part 1 when I was about 10 yrs old, they scared the shit out of me lol.

Old ones are the best.

ezyryder
03-29-2003, 04:59 PM
hahah yes, they were when younger and yes old ones are the best. Most old movies are.

pussymasterzee
03-29-2003, 05:01 PM
i havent seen either of those id like too but since i live in France the video store only has them in french

[B][O][T]
03-29-2003, 05:01 PM
The Shinning is one of the scariest ;)

clocker
03-29-2003, 05:02 PM
The scariest movie I can remember is Alien. Probably because right up til the end you never really see the monster so your imagination really gets to go nuts.
The second scariest would have to be Yentl, cause Barbra Streisand is just out and out TERRIFYING!

vegeta_ssj12
03-29-2003, 07:54 PM
if when doesn't matter:
When i was 10 i watched candyman, thats the only time i found a movie to be really scary. I didn't dare to look in a mirror for a month.
I watched the ring last week and the ending is more scary than every other movie, i don't think there are many people who would not get scared in the bios seeing that part.
i saw it on the PC so it wasn't that scary for me.

pussymasterzee
03-29-2003, 08:05 PM
yeah i saw it at the movies and the fucking loud sounds made me jump so many times by the end i was so jumpy the sound of an opening door scared the shit out of me

soopaman
03-29-2003, 08:25 PM
I think that, when I watched it 20+ years ago, ALIEN was the scariest film I'd ever seen. It's the classic "Haunted House" plot transfered into the Future. The environment it was set in was a total contrast to the pretty, clean and safe(ish) worlds of Sci-Fi, up til that point in time anyway. Considering it came out only a couple of years after StarWars it was a massive departure from the norm, which can only be applauded.

Haven't seen The Ring yet, but have seen the Japanese original and thought that was very, very good. I just hope Hollywood has done it justice, although I doubt it!

Suspiria by Dario Argento is worth a look as well, quite gory and stylish.

I agree that old horror movies are the best, Pre-1984 Video Censorship Act. The old Video-Nasties!!!! :)

Rocktron
03-29-2003, 08:52 PM
I just watched "The Eye"
Man! It's a japanese movie with english subs.., but there are some really scary moments in that one!
I work for a Video store in the Netherlands and i can watch what i want but this one is very scary!!!!!

There were moment that i even lowered the volume...
I watch all my movies at night with all the light as low as possible... Hmm..

But i like "Fire in the Sky" aswell! Not really a well known movie but the things that happen in there has happend for real (they say!) I even saw it on Discovery Channel..

Acecool
03-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Scariest movie I ever watched...

Well when I was little I watched "IT" about the clown killing kids

That was freaky when I watched it lol

there are a few others that are really good / scary but hmm

Wizzandabe
03-29-2003, 09:19 PM
Rugrats in Paris.

ryanraab
03-29-2003, 10:30 PM
Barney the movie is the scariest movie ever.

clocker
03-29-2003, 11:47 PM
Sigourney Weaver could kick Barney's ass!

Rip The Jacker
03-30-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Acecool@29 March 2003 - 21:53
Well when I was little I watched "IT" about the clown killing kids

That was freaky when I watched it lol
Dude that movie scared the shit outta me! Some weird shit going on in that movie.... :blink:

Stephen King's "IT" (1990) (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0099864)

"The Avatar Man"
03-30-2003, 12:25 AM
http://members.tripod.com/mcrae_tony/images/Exorcist.jpg
she gets my vote

hellraiser
03-30-2003, 01:05 AM
Jacob's Ladder gets my vote as the scariest movie ever.

ClubDiggler
03-30-2003, 01:55 AM
I agree with Master YodaX; The Exorcist is pretty freaky.

Part III has some scary parts too.

Colt Seevers
03-30-2003, 02:14 AM
Salems Lot...the 70's TV horror flick, with David "Hutch" Soul, and who can forget James Mason being particularly nasty as Mr Straker!

http://www.shillpages.com/movies/salemslot1979ld.gif

freaked me out.

chrhein
03-30-2003, 01:09 PM
"IT" is scary as hell, but also a movie like THe Ring and Psycho 2. I was a little boy when i first saw Psycho 2, where an old bitch goes around stabbing ppl to death. Man i tjekked the shower each time i got into a bathroom since that :)

Vivian67
03-30-2003, 07:19 PM
when I was little I watched the wizzard of oz and the witch scared me to death, B) I didn´t thing the ring was scary.the exorcist 1 was scary.hope I spelled thinks right here my english is not the best :(

Vivian67
03-30-2003, 07:20 PM
when I was little I watched the wizzard of oz and the witch scared me to death, B) I didn´t thing the ring was scary.the exorcist 1 was scary.hope I spelled thinks right here my english is not the best :(

Wolfmight
03-30-2003, 08:00 PM
The Excersist and the Haunting(old versions <<)

I saw em when I was like 9

Wolfmight
03-30-2003, 08:03 PM
http://galleries.vinyamar.com/ps/show.php?id=HYD5eGQ1dMKoSUnaIu5qq6O5F&ext=.jpg

What if a guy had sex with that girl, then she turned into that excersist chick.

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

N£MO
03-30-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Wolfmight@30 March 2003 - 21:03

What if a guy had sex with that girl, then she turned into that excersist chick.

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
:lol: :lol: ..that would be some scarry shit if that did happen... >_< >_<

Got to say scariest film,for me,is The Exorcist by far.Thought American Werewolf In London was freaky when i first saw that.

Curley
03-30-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by N£MO@30 March 2003 - 21:18
Thought American Werewolf In London was freaky when i first saw that.
I forgot about that. I had nightmares for weeks when I first watched it :( :rolleyes:

N£MO
03-30-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Curley+30 March 2003 - 22:09--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Curley @ 30 March 2003 - 22:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--N£MO@30 March 2003 - 21:18
Thought American Werewolf In London was freaky when i first saw that.
I forgot about that. I had nightmares for weeks when I first watched it :( :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Yes me too,i was only 15ish when i first watched it but really scared me :huh: :( .
The sequel was quite good too American Werewolf In Paris but not as good as the shock factor that the first one had. :)

SolidWing68
03-30-2003, 10:36 PM
I say..Jeepers Creepers seriously&#33;.."where&#39;d ya get those peepers" :lol:

Rip The Jacker
03-31-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Wolfmight@30 March 2003 - 21:03

:x&nbsp; :x&nbsp; :x&nbsp; :x&nbsp; :x&nbsp; :x&nbsp; :x&nbsp; :x&nbsp; :x&nbsp; :x
:lol: :lol: That would be some scary shit... >_<

cocothemonkey
03-31-2003, 08:32 AM
The only movie that ever gave me nightmares was ALIEN.
There hasn&#39;t been many recent ones that stick out, old scary movies are definitely the best.
Dawn of the Dead is a favorite

and the Nightmare on Elm Street series will always have a special place in my heart. heh.

One of the best scenes ever was when the victim was sleeping on the waterbed and Freddy&#39;s claws come up from inside the water bed and drag them into bed..
aw sheit... that&#39;s good stuff man, good stuff..

Oh and I saw "the eye" a while ago.
Good movie. Pretty creepy. I love how sometimes the creepy stuff was so subtle that you stop for a sec and think "wait a min, did I just see that?" and you have to rewind to see it again.

I love horror movies like that. It plays with your mind. AW, great stuff.

morbius
04-02-2003, 08:12 AM
The scarriest movie of all time in my experience was the original version of the Exorcist. My wife and I came home that night and neither of us could sleep for the next three nights. I can still hear the spinal vertebra crackling as Linda Blair&#39;s head turns around. As for Alien, after he pops out of John Hurt&#39;s chest and you come down off the ceiling, the rest is Hitchcock suspense. You know they&#39;re going to get it. It&#39;s just a matter of when, especially when they turn around and look the other way. :w00t:

BelJavelin
04-02-2003, 02:47 PM
The ring would have been scary if the phone had rang after it :unsure:

I&#39;m suprised no one mentioned Halloween, that music always gave me shivers when I heard it&#33;

Someone_Else
04-02-2003, 05:17 PM
I usualy dont get scared with scary movies eventho its my favorite kind of movies...

Halloween&#39;s music is really good... sets a very good mood for a scary movie... Halloween (the fist one) is one of my favorite movies. The mask of the guy is so fuckn cool too... not that scary but very cool serie.

I thought the ring wasnt scary at all even kind of boring... the friends i saw it with thought it was really scary... i dont really get it...

Candyman, exorcist, shining psycho and all those are good movies but really not scary

The only movie that scared me a little isnt even a movie, its the preview for "Ted Bundy". The actual movie isnt scary once but when i saw the preview at first it was freaky... because its real...

fallenknight308
04-02-2003, 10:03 PM
"The ring" was a big disappointment&#33; (although when my friend watched it, the phone rang during the first half, he got a "little" sketched :lol:

I guess I Must be desensitized&#33;
My father took me to see "predator" when I was 11 though, I had nightmares for a year&#33;
Scary? Hmmmmmmmm.
Clive barker&#39;s "hellraiser" series?......................Maybe?

zhelynd
04-02-2003, 10:19 PM
I remember when i was a teen i was quite "sensitive" to shark movies, both Deep Blue Sea and Jaws freaked me out quite substantially.

clocker
04-03-2003, 01:30 AM
The Night of the Living Dead...
The first of the really gory movies I ever saw and also the first horror movie that didn&#39;t have a happy ending- everybody gets mauled&#33; The cheesy production values actually kinda add to the unrelenting dreariness and make it even more effective.
When we went to see it ( I don&#39;t remember when it came out...late 60&#39;s??) we had no idea what we were in for and took a friend&#39;s 10 yr. son with us. Warped him for life...

Acecool
04-03-2003, 01:49 AM
I wanna dl "IT"

Anyone know where?

Not on fasttrackmovies, hmm, ill have to use the kazaalite search :-)

Ill search forums and if not found ill try to dl and if its real ill post a hash

Wait,s earching for IT would be a bitch on these boards :-P

sred2003
04-03-2003, 02:38 AM
hey man, dont download "IT"
it is a truly horrible movie. poorly made and crappy effects.
and the a clown showing his ugly teeth for three hours but
never biting someone is not the definition of scary.
and dont mention the spider at the end&#33; made me lol
i am sure the book is probably scary but the movie?
get frikin real. laughable