PDA

View Full Version : Possible to make copies of Xbox Copied games?

Vamp
11-27-2004, 05:46 PM
My friend has alot of Xbox games copied onto normal blank DVDs... Can I copy these easily onto another DVD, or can a PC still not read that blank DVD?

I know I can't copy Normal Xbox games like that, but what about copy to copy?

Peerzy
11-27-2004, 05:59 PM
My friend has alot of Xbox games copied onto normal blank DVDs... Can I copy these easily onto another DVD, or can a PC still not read that blank DVD?

No you CANNOT copy any type of Xbox media/game with your PC.

3RA1N1AC
11-27-2004, 07:43 PM

CloneXB can do it.

Vamp
11-27-2004, 08:18 PM
What's CloneXB? I really don't want to have to go through the trouble of setting up an FTP between my PC and Xbox :/

n18
11-27-2004, 09:24 PM
What's CloneXB? I really don't want to have to go through the trouble of setting up an FTP between my PC and Xbox :/ a quick google search finds answsers faster... but here http://maxconsole.com/?mode=comments&newsid=2210

seems you can copy copied games using PC only.

Peerzy
11-27-2004, 09:28 PM
No CloneXB still needs the Xbox, a ftp server and other shit. LET ME SAY THIS SLOWLY...

EN-OH

n18
11-27-2004, 10:04 PM
No CloneXB still needs the Xbox, a ftp server and other shit. LET ME SAY THIS SLOWLY...

EN-OH

but in the conexb description it says
++ Added the ablity to copy an XBOX disc using your PC only.
This will only work when copying from a DVD-R/+R disc and
will not work with original XBOX discs as a PC DVD drive
cant read them. So basically you can copy an already copied
XBOX disc using just your PC DVD-ROM and PC DVD Burner without
the need to use the XBOX to read the disc.

Peerzy
11-27-2004, 10:24 PM
but in the conexb description it says
Hummmmmmmmmmm....yeah i looked at the first page and it had setting up ftp and how the product works being using FTP from Xbox, but looks like it oculd work with an already copied game.

SingaBoiy
11-27-2004, 10:38 PM
Requirements
------------
- Modded XBOX connected to your PC over Ethernet
- Evox or other FTP server running and working on your XBOX

Vamp
11-27-2004, 11:25 PM
Yeah, but I'm guessing that's why it says that you can copy copied games using ONLY your PC... I'll give it a try and report back... Is it freeware or what?

3RA1N1AC
11-27-2004, 11:31 PM

EN-OH
lolz.

i said CloneXB can do it and i meant CloneXB can do it. LET ME SAY THIS WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON...

WHY-EE-ESS.

SingaBoiy
11-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Whats with all the hostility in Gameworld today? Some people have had too much turkey or something...

silent h3ro
11-27-2004, 11:35 PM
Whats with all the hostility in Gameworld today? Some people have had too much turkey or something... I dident have enough. :(

Vamp
11-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Hmm, been trying it out on a copy of Fable... seemed to be making the ISO alright, I cancelled it after 150megs /2.5GB or so though.

The folder that I got was called Fable (automatically detected the name) and the files that had gotten ripped so far were:

CDXMedia (Folder)
Banks_DVD.ini
cdx.xbe
dashupdate.xbe
default.xbe
update.xbe
xboot.ini
xuser.ini
xusert.ini

When the whole thing gets ripped, would there be an ISO file there that I'd just burn with Nero, Alc.120 or even CloneXB itself that would take those above files and any others and correctly burn them? Or would all of those files transform into a single ISO?

Is any Ripped ISO off any CD alot of files plus a single ISO file, or just an ISO file? Like if I downloaded Vampires: The Masquerade which is 3 CDS and I'm assuming 3 ISOs, would I just be downloading 3 Isos or like 1000 files and 3 ISOs which would automatically burn those files correctly?

Mad Cat
11-27-2004, 11:47 PM
I'm sure it worked with Leisure Suit Larry. The game played in the xbox anyway.

I just alcohol'd it and burn, bang we seem to have a worker.

3RA1N1AC
11-28-2004, 12:03 AM
When the whole thing gets ripped, would there be an ISO file there that I'd just burn with Nero, Alc.120 or even CloneXB itself that would take those above files and any others and correctly burn them? Or would all of those files transform into a single ISO?
it'll rip all of the files individually, sort them out and decide what's the best way to compile the ISO, then make the ISO. you can use the "Keep Temp Files" option to either keep or delete the folder after the ISO's been created. if that option is disabled, CloneXB will DELETE the folder after it makes the ISO.

an Xbox game should be either an ISO or a folder. it shouldn't be both. if you ever do find an Xbox game on the 'net which is a folder full of game files... you will need to compile them into an ISO, using a program specifically meant to create Xbox discs (like Quix, Craxtion, etc) since Xbox discs use a special format that most PC programs don't understand. in almost all cases, though, games that you download will already be in Xbox DVD ISO format.... though they'll prolly be broken down into RAR files, of course.