PDA

View Full Version : Audio Out Of Sync

Krisman
03-29-2003, 07:37 PM
The first few minutes the sound and video are lined up fine. A couple minutes in though the sound falls behind. Not after a couple minutes playing at a certain point in the movie. So if I skip ahead to the point its off even if I just opened it.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Wizzandabe
03-29-2003, 07:45 PM
same with me i think it is cos i got a slow psu. but mine is form the satrt and not so many miniuts in.

Acecool
03-29-2003, 07:45 PM
Is it the same in different video players?

Windows media player sometimes has problems in movies
vlc sometimes has probs

and so on, sometimes clicking a few times on the seek bar (shows the point your at in the movie)
helps and sometimes its the movie itself

EDIT:

Try watching at lower resolutions
I watch movies at 1280 x 1024 (Sometimes it messes up, not often)

try waching at 1024 x 768 or so shouldnt be probs then

Krisman
03-29-2003, 07:58 PM
I tried it in both WMP and in vlc with it happening in the same place on both. Maybe I should try with MPC or WinAMP3 although those are the only other 2 I have.

Pretty sure that codecs have nothing to do with it as it uses the exact same setup as 2 other videos I have on my comp and those play fine. I know no one mentioned that but I figured I'd say this now before someone does.

I'm already at 1024*768.

Also after watching more of it somewhere the sound gets back in sync. I'm not exactly sure where because I stopped paying attention to the sound while reading the subtitles.
Since its always at the same spot that it gets off I assume that it happened while it was being encoded. Anyone have any other ideas for fixing it.