PDA

View Full Version : What Colour is a Smurf's blood

manker
11-28-2004, 02:41 PM
I knead to no before I can answer Effy's poll about what colour a Smurf would turn if he, or she, was being strangulated.

enoughfakefiles
11-28-2004, 02:47 PM
I think it`s blue.

http://www.physics.uq.edu.au/people/malos/spock.gif

SpatulaGeekGirl
11-28-2004, 04:50 PM
If our blood is red and our skin in peach(ish) then a smurf with dark purple blood would have blue skin, no?:unsure:

TheDave
11-28-2004, 04:51 PM
If our blood is red and our skin in peach(ish) then a smurf with dark purple blood would have blue skin, no?:unsure:
makes sense to me

HeavyMetalParkingLot
11-29-2004, 02:38 AM

I am in no way, shape or form peachish....

atiVidia
11-29-2004, 02:44 AM
i put cream

orcutt989
11-29-2004, 03:17 AM
But our blood is blue when it doesnt have oxygen?

Comic_Peddler
11-29-2004, 03:19 AM
Oxygenated blood is not red at all, it is blue.

Since Smurfs are the opposite of humans, ie. we are tall, they are short, I would say their blood is blue when returning to the heart and red when oxygenated. Thus, their blood must be copper based to be blue in color. Assuming that Smurfs breathe oxygen and that their blood is blue when carrying oxygen, choking them would most likely turn them a green color, representing copper in the absence of oxygen.

h121589
11-29-2004, 03:33 AM
I think it`s blue.

http://www.physics.uq.edu.au/people/malos/spock.gif
so do i

manker
11-29-2004, 10:07 AM
@ Comic Peddler - You're kidding, right? You've got it arse backwards for a start. The popular myth is that poorly oxegenated blood is blue and that it changes to red when it is either oxygenated by all of the aveoli in the lungs or upon exposure to the oxygen in the air.

Of course this is rubbish, our blood is always red, it's just much brighter red when oxygenated. This myth is perpetuated by medical charts showing blood returning to the lungs (poorly oxygenated) as blue and blood coursing through arteries as red.

@ Spatula rock chick - Your odd theory would mean that black people have different colour blood to white people.

My scientific poll has been tainted by misinformation!

It matters not tho' because I have decided that smurfs are a silicone based life form and have mercury for blood, making it silvery :01:

tesco
11-29-2004, 01:21 PM
It matters not tho' because I have decided that smurfs are a silicone based life form and have mercury for blood, making it silvery :01:
But that's not on your poll! :ohmy:
CHEATER! :crying: