PDA

View Full Version : Why do people dump fridges at the end of the street.

enoughfakefiles
11-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Someones dumped a fridge at the end of our street yesterday and the council still have`nt picked it up.There were`nt any drawers with it yesterday but law and behold there is today at the side of thr fridge. :blink:

I suppose it beats the single shoes you see laying at the side of the road. :lol:

DanB
11-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Because you have to pay to dump your fridge legally but, if you just dump it on the street its the Council's responsibility to come and pick it up

Rat Faced
11-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Yeah... but you cant dump stuff in the street legally either :lol:

Mr. Mulder
11-29-2004, 07:48 PM
It's a complex conspiracy involving the refrigeration of certain species http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/smilies/ermm.gif

bigboab
11-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Because you have to pay to dump your fridge legally but, if you just dump it on the street its the Council's responsibility to come and pick it up

You just phone the council up here(Not from where you are though:lol: ). They collect it for free.:)

vidcc
11-29-2004, 08:26 PM
You just phone the council up here(Not from where you are though:lol: ). They collect it for free.:)
I read that in the UK they charge for the disposal of the gas or they are supposed to. Perhaps some councils have found that bearing that cost was cheaper than the cost of the dumped refridgerators because of the charges so decided to do the collections.

bigboab
11-29-2004, 08:35 PM
I read that in the UK they charge for the disposal of the gas or they are supposed to. Perhaps some councils have found that bearing that cost was cheaper than the cost of the dumped refridgerators because of the charges so decided to do the collections.
They collect virtually anything for free in this area(Scotland). Unless it is business waste. I dont think they have got round to degassing all the fridges and freezers yet, they are starting to pile up. They have also started recycling. We have four 'bins' at the moment. I thought it was a good idea at first till I saw the Penn and Teller video on the subject. Now I think it is just another 'In thing' to do.:lol:

RPerry
11-30-2004, 01:21 AM

Don't have to pay to have them removed here. There has been one in front of our house since we moved in. Hurricane Charley knocked it over onto my Girlfriends brothers car, and it has layed on its side since. I finally got Dawn to call the waste management, and we are having it picked up tomorrow morning. we do pay for taxes for trash pickup every year though... :dry:

TheDave
11-30-2004, 01:37 AM
britain(england and wales) sucks. even scotland are laughing at us (england and wales) :dry:

Lilmiss
11-30-2004, 12:08 PM
I live near a car graveyard.
People just dump their motors, and scavenge bits off other ones.

It's a bit scary down there. :ermm:

DanB
11-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Don't have to pay to have them removed here. There has been one in front of our house since we moved in. Hurricane Charley knocked it over onto my Girlfriends brothers car, and it has layed on its side since. I finally got Dawn to call the waste management, and we are having it picked up tomorrow morning. we do pay for taxes for trash pickup every year though... :dry:

We pay for it to in the form of Council tax :dry: Its a crap tax that supposedly goes to all sorts of stuff but doesn't. In my town they just spent over £1million building a bus shelter that leaks when it rains :lol:

I even rung them a few months back to ask if we could have a bin to put our rubbish in as someone had stolen ours and they said nope, sorry :frusty:

100%
11-30-2004, 12:28 PM
fridges have souls too you know :crying:

http://www.wrybread.com/gammablablog/images/3-04/3-16/fridge-tag.jpg

Barbarossa
11-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Someones dumped a fridge at the end of our street yesterday and the council still have`nt picked it up.There were`nt any drawers with it yesterday but law and behold there is today at the side of thr fridge. :blink:

I suppose it beats the single shoes you see laying at the side of the road. :lol:

You think that's bad look at what's been dumped at the bottom of my street!!! :angry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/04/uk_enl_1101311695/img/1.jpg