PDA

View Full Version : I fucked up now

Keikan
11-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Ok so today we had a subtitute teacher in computer science who was computer illiterate. So i decided to not do my work as usual and fuck around. (my mark is 43%). Anyways these computers are filled with nifty security called "Novell Netware" the thing has its own log on promt so you can log into the computer and you can't use the windows log in thing and prevents you from doing other things like edit internet options. Since its a computer science class the computers all have the visual 6 c++ thingy. Now here the exploit. the computer has a program called "terminate x" designed to crash what ever your doing that your not suppose to be doing (like editing internet options). now the task manager from ctrl alt del is disabled but you can close it by going into visual studio tools and terminating the process. Now once I terminated it I went to the control panel to see what neat-o things were there and i uninstalled novell netware. Well now you can't log on into the computer. These computers were fixed to be secure.

Could this be a good thing or bad? It's good because i can tell the teacher that i have found an exploit in it's security. Or else i'll just get in trouble and i won't be able to use a computer again in the school :ermm:

tesco
11-29-2004, 11:25 PM
i think you should just start using a different computer. :blink:

what's this endtask thing in visual? :o i want to try that at school!
how do you use it?

you can reinstall novell netware login thingy from the network connections proprties but im not sure if it will be setup properly and all that. ;) (not even sure if it's the right one lol).

Keikan
11-29-2004, 11:34 PM
u can't even log in.

its in visual c++ tools, process views

iMartin
11-30-2004, 12:09 AM
My school uses that same Novel crap, it's easy to bypass.

Smith
11-30-2004, 01:26 AM
My school uses that same Novel crap, it's easy to bypass.

same but im stupid as hell so have no idea how 2.

novell something.

when u press ctrl alt del it just brings up a pass word screen to change my password

peat moss
11-30-2004, 02:05 AM
Ok so today we had a subtitute teacher in computer science who was computer illiterate. So i decided to not do my work as usual and fuck around. (my mark is 43%). Anyways these computers are filled with nifty security called "Novell Netware" the thing has its own log on promt so you can log into the computer and you can't use the windows log in thing and prevents you from doing other things like edit internet options. Since its a computer science class the computers all have the visual 6 c++ thingy. Now here the exploit. the computer has a program called "terminate x" designed to crash what ever your doing that your not suppose to be doing (like editing internet options). now the task manager from ctrl alt del is disabled but you can close it by going into visual studio tools and terminating the process. Now once I terminated it I went to the control panel to see what neat-o things were there and i uninstalled novell netware. Well now you can't log on into the computer. These computers were fixed to be secure.

Could this be a good thing or bad? It's good because i can tell the teacher that i have found an exploit in it's security. Or else i'll just get in trouble and i won't be able to use a computer again in the school :ermm:

I would give you an "A" for trying ! :D

tesco
11-30-2004, 02:08 AM
I would give you an "A" for trying ! :D
wish you were my teacher. :(

peat moss
11-30-2004, 02:17 AM
wish you were my teacher. :(

This is what I live by : The shit flow chart!

http://ylatis.com/darkon/humor/flochart.html

tesco
11-30-2004, 02:22 AM
This is what I live by : The shit flow chart!

http://ylatis.com/darkon/humor/flochart.html
ahh! NO! get away! :lol:

maybe you'd be a better teacher though. :huh:

peat moss
11-30-2004, 02:27 AM
ahh! NO! get away! :lol:

maybe you'd be a better teacher though. :huh:

Well for one ,I 'd own up , show the dumb asses, I deserve a better mark for pointing out the risk. :)

natedogg
11-30-2004, 03:09 AM
just tell the teacher that the computer is broke :D

Keikan
11-30-2004, 06:56 AM
or how about i shut up stay low profile move to a different computer and let the it guys think about it.

SingaBoiy
11-30-2004, 07:25 AM
He'll be able to check the last person who logged into it. Might as well tell him you were "testing" out the system.

muchspl2
11-30-2004, 07:48 PM
If you don't want to get in trouble I would play dumb and be like something in wrong with my keyboard I can't login

Afronaut
11-30-2004, 07:53 PM
If you don't want to get in trouble I would play dumb and be like something in wrong with my keyboard I can't login
Probably the best changes to get out of it without much trouble.
Depends on the teacher/IT folks.

Keikan, you know the security-software is installed so that silly kids
wouldnt do silly things to school puters?

:P

I mean, there's going to be an IT dude/mam whos going to be a little pissed off about this.

Just me 2 cents.

nsane
11-30-2004, 08:32 PM
no, they would still expell him/her(?). the school boards are ass holes, mainly due to the fact they don't understand computers. which means they don't care about discovering an exploit...to them you just fucked something up, school property at that :(

yer best off just sayin "i dunno what's up with it. i just came in and it don't work" :/

Afronaut
11-30-2004, 08:38 PM
I think the main reason for the Security Software is that they want to keep the puters
up'n'runnin.

It takes Time which spells Money in the end to keep them working if all the kids could hack all they want.

Its not about being A-hole imo, its about money as usual.

What would you do if you had, say, 100 PC's to keep working everyday
and came to work to hear that some PC's are hacked?

I would make sure there's no way to install/uninstall other stuff on the PC's.
Hence the Security Software.

orcutt989
11-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Probably the best changes to get out of it without much trouble.
Depends on the teacher/IT folks.

Keikan, you know the security-software is installed so that silly kids
wouldnt do silly things to school puters?

:P

I mean, there's going to be an IT dude/mam whos going to be a little pissed off about this.

Just me 2 cents.
You should just tell whoever that there is something wrong with the computer, and you can't log in. There is now way they can prove you did anything. I remember once, my friends and I were messing around with the accessability of folders, and accidentally made it so that nobody would ever get into my folder ever again. Mind you this was in 8th grade. I go back to vist a few years later, and my history says "Yeah...Jimmy there is this folder that we can't delete on your network, does that have anything to do with you?" So I just said, Nope, and ran.

Afronaut
11-30-2004, 09:21 PM
You should just tell whoever that there is something wrong with the computer, and you can't log in. There is now way they can prove you did anything. I remember once, my friends and I were messing around with the accessability of folders, and accidentally made it so that nobody would ever get into my folder ever again. Mind you this was in 8th grade. I go back to vist a few years later, and my history says "Yeah...Jimmy there is this folder that we can't delete on your network, does that have anything to do with you?" So I just said, Nope, and ran. Way to go.

;)

tesco
11-30-2004, 09:25 PM
I think the main reason for the Security Software is that they want to keep the puters
up'n'runnin.

It takes Time which spells Money in the end to keep them working if all the kids could hack all they want.

Its not about being A-hole imo, its about money as usual.

What would you do if you had, say, 100 PC's to keep working everyday
and came to work to hear that some PC's are hacked?

I would make sure there's no way to install/uninstall other stuff on the PC's.
Hence the Security Software.
ya it's all good..
unless the IT guy doesn't test his install before he locks up everyhting.
a lot of my school's computers had spyware on them last year. and you couldn't remove it because the option was disabled.

this year the home page is our school's web site and everytime you go to it it wants to install flash mx...you click cancel and it comes up again. does this about 5 times.
and does it everytime you open internet explorer. :rolleyes:

they're just asking for it to be hacked. :shifty:

edit: oh ya and that visual basic process viewer thing worked at my school, but there was no security things to close. :( i was hoping i would figure out how to install something so i could put folding@home on. :(

Afronaut
11-30-2004, 09:31 PM
That is an indication of bad IT runnin on the school.
Is that the default all the Schools?

As long as you're student, you' would most likely want to hack aways.
If you ever end up on the IT job on a Schools or a firm etc, wouldnt you
restrict what users can do with the PC?

I know I would.

I think it would be a hassle to try to run a lot of puters with a lot of users
who can do everything with them.

Its about Money in the end. And, of course, security.

:)

Tifosi
11-30-2004, 09:46 PM
Coming onto an internet forum and effectively bragging about breaking it is probably not a good thing ;)

Keikan
11-30-2004, 10:50 PM
the teacher didn't say anything, the comp is just turned off.

tesco
11-30-2004, 10:52 PM
That is an indication of bad IT runnin on the school.
Is that the default all the Schools?

As long as you're student, you' would most likely want to hack aways.
If you ever end up on the IT job on a Schools or a firm etc, wouldnt you
restrict what users can do with the PC?

I know I would.

I think it would be a hassle to try to run a lot of puters with a lot of users
who can do everything with them.

Its about Money in the end. And, of course, security.

:)
Yep.
but those stupid comps are annoying. i would have done teh job right before locking them all.

orcutt989
11-30-2004, 10:59 PM
Alright, so just tell whoever that your computer isnt working, and all is fine.

Storm
12-01-2004, 03:00 PM
no, they would still expell him/her(?). the school boards are ass holes, mainly due to the fact they don't understand computers. which means they don't care about discovering an exploit...to them you just fucked something up, school property at that :(

yer best off just sayin "i dunno what's up with it. i just came in and it don't work" :/

i think so to...........

the only guys that could care bout an exploit are the IT guys....... and they can either:
1) be pissed cause you're a smartass
2) happy and start to work on the exploit.......

keep in mind though that these guys dont work at the pentagon, school IT guys usually dont know how to solve these kind of problems (they're usually not THAT good with computers) and most students will never find the exploit........ so likely they'll go for #1, in which case ur fucked.......

best to tell the IT guy "it said that some program made a fatal error, and asked if i wanted to shut it down, and now its broke"
saying it was like that when you got there might not be a good idea, since the could be logging stuff like that.........

Spam-King
12-01-2004, 04:18 PM
1) switch computers
2) if the teacher finds out tell him/her that you know nothing about it
3) if they have a logger tell the teacher that lots of pupils knew your password

they cant proove anything

if all else fails just buy your self a laptop