PDA

View Full Version : New Scotland Manager

Rat Faced
11-30-2004, 05:19 PM
Unless Rangers & Celtic stop buying foreign players, or Scots start supporting their local teams instead of one of these 2...

I cant see Scotland doing well in International Football anytime soon :(

Not that England is any better :lol:

Tifosi
11-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Och, things can only get better (hopefully) :)

Tifosi
11-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Not for the Tifosi, unless yer man cheats even more. ;)

:lol:

It's not as if he's needed to cheat this year :no:

Tifosi
11-30-2004, 09:47 PM
Never stopped him before. :whistling

Touché

bigboab
11-30-2004, 09:55 PM
Good luck to Walter Smith. Just hope he doesn't try to recruit Gazza.:(

This thread was inspired by a Welsh accountant, who supports an English football team
Just proves there is no accounting for the Welsh.:)

scribblec
11-30-2004, 10:57 PM
turkey for worldcup 2006

Cheese
11-30-2004, 11:06 PM
turkey for worldcup 2006

They're going to struggle to qualify.

scribblec
11-30-2004, 11:15 PM
:'( thats the most hurtfull thing anyones ever said to me :(

the worst part is that its true

fucking shit turks

Cheese
11-30-2004, 11:16 PM
:'( thats the most hurtfull thing anyones ever said to me :(

the worst part is that its true

fucking shit turks

They might get past Denmark for second place...but Ukraine are looking strong to win that group.

Rick Phlegm
11-30-2004, 11:24 PM
The Scotland team's a national embarassment.

Here's hoping things make a drastic improvement and miracles happen. At least it can't get any worse.

Rick Phlegm
12-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Scotland for World Cup 3006
Ever the optimist :rolleyes:

Colt Seevers
12-02-2004, 11:45 PM
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/upload/040204emyteam2.jpg

Strachan for the win tbh.

Biggles
12-03-2004, 12:43 AM
I think I would have preferred Strachan - anybody that could make Southampton believe in themselves deserves a chance at the "worst job"

Rick Phlegm
12-03-2004, 12:45 AM
Let Walter Smith get sacked having done all the hard work in turning the team around (hopefully) and then Strachan can take the reigns. :01:

manker
12-03-2004, 03:28 AM
Walter Smith is the best man for the job. No doubts.

Strachan is a little young and woefully inexperienced to be considered for the job. It wasn't he that got Southampton believing in themselves, it was Hoddle before him. Strachan merely took over a buoyant team and kept them at that level. His record previous to that is pretty non descript. Also I don't believe Strachan would have a decent knowledge of the Scottish Players pool.

Walter Smith is definitely the better choice at this time.

However, Nothing is going to mask the dearth of quality players. When I was growing up I remember players like Richard Gough, Ally McCoist, Paul McStay, Colin Hendry, Mo Johnston and Jim Leighton playing in the Scotland team. Now there is no-one that springs to mind as an established 'star'.

Hopefully the SFA will give Walter a good run to put his system in place so he can reap the benefits of the younger genration coming through because at present the talent levels have to be at an all time low.

Also I think Wales will find themselves in a similar situation in a couple of years, a lot of our top players have retired recently :(

Colt Seevers
12-03-2004, 02:57 PM
I have never forgiven the Scotland Team, or indeed the Welsh for that.

Eh? Your blaming the national teams for the death of Scotland legend?

The man died doing his job. Blaming national teams seems rather irrelevant.

We actually used to have a football team which could give pretty much anybody a game.

Aye like Iran and Peru..to name but a few :P

Colt Seevers
12-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Hey cellick bhoy, I read it.

senegal
11-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Walter Smith is the best man for the job. No doubts.

Strachan is a little young and woefully inexperienced to be considered for the job. It wasn't he that got Southampton believing in themselves, it was Hoddle before him. Strachan merely took over a buoyant team and kept them at that level. His record previous to that is pretty non descript. Also I don't believe Strachan would have a decent knowledge of the Scottish Players pool.

Walter Smith is definitely the better choice at this time.

However, Nothing is going to mask the dearth of quality players. When I was growing up I remember players like Richard Gough, Ally McCoist, Paul McStay, Colin Hendry, Mo Johnston and Jim Leighton playing in the Scotland team. Now there is no-one that springs to mind as an established 'star'.

Hopefully the SFA will give Walter a good run to put his system in place so he can reap the benefits of the younger genration coming through because at present the talent levels have to be at an all time low.

Also I think Wales will find themselves in a similar situation in a couple of years, a lot of our top players have retired recently :(

better than Alex Ferguson?