PDA

View Full Version : Paypal rip off!

zacspeed
12-04-2004, 08:20 PM
I sold a digital camera on Ebay a couple of weeks ago, the guy who won the auction paid me using payPal. Once the money had cleared I (luckily) withdrew the funds from payPal into my personal bank account. All fine so far....
Last week I received an email from PayPal informing me that this guy’s account was under investigation & therefore they had debited the money back from my payPal account!!!! I gave them all the information they required, & waited. I just phoned them & got the most arrogant bitch I’ve EVER had the misfortune to encounter! She told me that they had every right to do what they have done (even though I'm the innocent party here), & I MAY get my money back after 30 days!!!!!!!! I wouldn't mind, but you pay an absolute fucking fortune to use their shitty service (I only use it because it's convenient), & when the shit hits the fan, they show their true colours :(
I would STRONGLY URGE anyone who uses these scam merchants to withdraw any money you have with them, because at any time, they can, quite within their terms & conditions, take the whole fucking lot!
Sorry for the profanities, but as you've probably guessed, I'm a little pissed off with these cowboys right now.
Anyone here have similar experiences? Do tell.

Also check out:
http://www.paypalsucks.com

:(

muchspl2
12-04-2004, 08:23 PM
owned by TOS

why were they investigating him?

zacspeed
12-04-2004, 08:33 PM
owned by TOS

why were they investigating him?

"Suspected fraudelent use"

keyser_soze
12-04-2004, 11:45 PM
who paypal or the buyer :dry:

scribblec
12-04-2004, 11:47 PM
what digital camera was this

was it 35 pounds :o

also yea paypal are motherfuckers

Mr. Elmo
12-05-2004, 12:47 AM
who paypal or the buyer :dry:
prob not the buyer, i think paypal was investigating itself....

zacspeed
12-05-2004, 09:53 AM
what digital camera was this

was it 35 pounds :o

also yea paypal are motherfuckers

Shitty £85 Trust 910Z 5.0 m/pixel digital camera

http://www.trust.com/home/default.htm?viewpage=products/product.htm%3Fartnr%3D13674

apparently, direct bank transfer is the easiest way to exchange money & it's completly safe, the only reason eBay don't tell you this is because they OWN payPal!
Wankers!!

sameer0807
12-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Paypal r piece of shit...and there's no doubt abt that!!! :-(

Barbarossa
12-07-2004, 04:33 PM
I've previously cursed the fact that they take a HUGE cut for no discernible reason.

For every 99p auction I did, (gmail anyone? Heeheehee) they took a whopping 23p, then on top of that, when I transferred my balance (£6.00 minimum, fact fiends) to my UK bank account, they took ANOTHER 25p from me!

It's time to boycott these wankers.

JRSellers
12-07-2004, 08:24 PM
I just signed up last night for the 4th time this year satupidly thinking that even though I added my bank account (and deleted) it 3 times already, I could add it to my current PayPal account...No. Why? They're F***ING security policies.

Guess I'll close this one too.

PayPal's just a real :shit:story.

Monkeee
12-08-2004, 08:40 AM
lmfao happened to me.... lost 30$ of that crap...

JRSellers
12-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Geez, imhao, ffs, stfu,,, I think I need an Iinternet shorthand dictionary. :wacko: