PDA

View Full Version : GIANT or Webroot?

LilAznAccommodator
12-05-2004, 06:26 PM
I have tested both GIANT AntiSpyware and Webroots Spysweeper..

But I don't know which one to keep.. Nor do I want ot have both...

I just want your opinion as to which you prefer, or just the things you have heard about them. . .

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

(If needed further information do let me know)

46ghost
12-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Spysweeper its proven to be good.

but still testing Giant to see if its any good.

Mullyman
12-05-2004, 10:16 PM
After i ran Ad-aware and SpyBot then SpySweeper..i then ran Giant Antispyware and it found 14 more entries on my computer...it has a lot of great features to it...i also use Pest Patrol which somebody from here sent me for which i am grateful and i find that it works better than SpySweeper also...one draw back that i found with Giant Antispyware...you will get some false positives...so you have to watch what you remove...as for example it said Kazaa lite had Spyware and to remove it...i think that regular Kazaa is in their database,so any thing that shows up with Kazaa in it would presumed to be spyware..other than that i find it to be a great program along with Pest Patrol. :cool:

peat moss
12-05-2004, 10:39 PM
After i ran Ad-aware and SpyBot then SpySweeper..i then ran Giant Antispyware and it found 14 more entries on my computer...it has a lot of great features to it...i also use Pest Patrol which somebody from here sent me for which i am grateful and i find that it works better than SpySweeper also...one draw back that i found with Giant Antispyware...you will get some false positives...so you have to watch what you remove...as for example it said Kazaa lite had Spyware and to remove it...i think that regular Kazaa is in their database,so any thing that shows up with Kazaa in it would presumed to be spyware..other than that i find it to be a great program along with Pest Patrol. :cool:

Same here , ran spybot found the old DOS . explote ,nothing else. Then ran Giant found 73 , mostly edonkey or kaza lite . Also had coolsearch reference's in the reg. that I thought I had dealt with. :lol: Guess I'll look for the crack .

Ran Giant again ,it found more kazza and emule files but says to ignore . :)
Limewire too as a false positive .

S!X
12-05-2004, 11:23 PM
For my giant, it says my subscription will expire in 15 days:(:helpsmili

nsane
12-05-2004, 11:32 PM
try uninstalling and reinstalling when it does :P

also, be sure to keep the reference file before you uninstall :)

peat moss
12-05-2004, 11:38 PM
For my giant, it says my subscription will expire in 15 days:(:helpsmili

Oh ya I ran an old crack and lost 8 days . :ohmy: Mine expires in 7 days . :D

Has anyone tryed the old, change the date ahead trick before installing ?

S!X
12-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Oh ya I ran an old crack and lost 8 days . :ohmy: Mine expires in 7 days . :D

Has anyone tryed the old, change the date ahead trick before installing ?
I was gonna try the date thing but everything im tryied to download 1.0.288 it always was a different version so i just got pissed off:angry:

natedogg
12-06-2004, 01:21 AM
you can't have just one spyware remover ;)

orcutt989
12-06-2004, 01:23 AM
I had spysweeper installed and one day an Internet explorer window popped up saying

"Your CD Key is valid but doesnt appear to be in our database, please call technical support"

Haha, so I uninstalled it on the count I dont have it legit, and I didnt want to run into the AdAwatch problem that I ran into a year ago.

Just get Giant, Adaware, and Spybot and you are good to go.

ZaZu
12-06-2004, 02:16 AM
Just downloaded/installed Giant after reading this thread had never heard of it be for
Looks good,think I'll keep it...hope the serial I found for it holds up

iMartin
12-06-2004, 02:45 AM
The experation date for my SpySweeper (v3.2.150) keeps changing. When I installed it, it was 12/05/05, the next launch was 11/01/05, now it's 11/20/05. (Of course I'm using a pirated version.)

silent h3ro
12-06-2004, 02:53 AM
The experation date for my SpySweeper (v3.2.150) keeps changing. When I installed it, it was 12/05/05, the next launch was 11/01/05, now it's 11/20/05. (Of course I'm using a pirated version.) Thats a good thing. ;)

gildan2020
12-06-2004, 05:17 AM
i'd say go for Giant Antispyware, it's quite good
the engine is thorough enuf, scans deep

spysweeper is also good, but one tough nut to crack
that turns me off already

but it's best to have both :P

gildan2020