PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 ---- review

NeoTheOne
12-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Halo 2 is one of the best games for xbox and if you are planning to get your kid or yourself a gaem this christmas well, this game is the perfect holiday gift. With graphics taking major advantage of the Xbox Hard Drive, Storyline better than the first , Tons of new characters and Improved AI. Halo 2 is indeed better than the first is every way.

Level Arctiecture :has really improved from the first one. No more of that repeating level, every one of the 15 levels are new and diffrent from its others.

Player Model: every charcacter is more defined and so are the vechials. Its nothing like the first halo where you can rocket launch the warthog and the warthog still looks like its new. All the vechiacls in this game are destructable with a secondary explosioan to come with it.

Story Line: One word Excellent.interactions with the envoirment add to the storyline and everything in Campaign is there for a reson and is there to help you take out the covenent bastards. **If you liked MATRIX RELOADED YOU'LL LOVE Halo2's Story Line.

Last but not least

Multiplayer & Xbox Live: The core of halo 2 is the Multiplayer and XBL . With over 12 levels of multiplayer fights this game has a life expantancy of over 10 years or as long as your Xbox Lives. and with the great new XBL matchmaking feature you will never get bored of Halo 2.

Out of 5 stars 4.9 or 5 stars

Its worth your money

Peerzy
12-06-2004, 07:19 PM
You forgot to say how shor the game is and any kid will hve completed it by Boxing day. Also how is the sotry nything like Matrix....

BigBank_Hank
12-06-2004, 08:41 PM
Sorry but it isn’t nearly as good as the first.

There was way to much hype involved with this one that there was no way that it could live up to all of the expectations. I was one of the ones who bought into all the hype taking the day off of work to go get the game and play all day. This is not to say that it isn’t a fun game, it’s just that the bar was set so high with the original.

There are a number of things that I love about the game mostly the ability to wield dual weapons. Also being able to jump onto a ghost and take it from them is awesome.

I really didn’t like playing as the covenant. You spent the entire first game kicking their asses and now you have to play as one of them? It’s almost like your supposed to feel bad about what you did to them in the first one. It wouldn’t be so bad if you wouldn’t spend the majority of the game playing in that role.

The storyline is confusing the first time you play it and I’m hoping that everything ties together on Halo 3, which I hope they don’t keep us waiting another 2 or 3 years for.

NeoTheOne
12-06-2004, 08:58 PM
edit i wrote matrix reloaded casue of the cliffhanger ending

Busyman
12-06-2004, 09:01 PM
Sorry but it isn’t nearly as good as the first.

There was way to much hype involved with this one that there was no way that it could live up to all of the expectations. I was one of the ones who bought into all the hype taking the day off of work to go get the game and play all day. This is not to say that it isn’t a fun game, it’s just that the bar was set so high with the original.

There are a number of things that I love about the game mostly the ability to wield dual weapons. Also being able to jump onto a ghost and take it from them is awesome.

I really didn’t like playing as the covenant. You spent the entire first game kicking their asses and now you have to play as one of them? It’s almost like your supposed to feel bad about what you did to them in the first one. It wouldn’t be so bad if you wouldn’t spend the majority of the game playing in that role.

The storyline is confusing the first time you play it and I’m hoping that everything ties together on Halo 3, which I hope they don’t keep us waiting another 2 or 3 years for.
Taking off work to buy a game means that life is in the toilet. (I bet you had fun on your day off though :01: )

Sadly I haven't even opened my copy of Halo 2 or GTA 5. Moving is a sonofabitch. :angry:

cpt_azad
12-06-2004, 11:15 PM
i think this review is a bit late, but i'll cut you some slack :) . yes, the story is short and no it's not a cliffhanger LIKE the matrix, yes it's a cliffhanger but it in no way resemble the matrix (biasedness on your part :) ).

edit: and if biasedness is not a word, sue me ;)

BigBank_Hank
12-06-2004, 11:15 PM
Taking off work to buy a game means that life is in the toilet. (I bet you had fun on your day off though :01: )

No it doesn’t. Taking the day off to play a video game is one of the perks of being part owner of your own business :)

cpt_azad
12-06-2004, 11:16 PM
No it doesn’t. Taking the day off to play a video game is one of the perks of being part owner of your own business :)
lucky bastard :) (damn, i tried so hard to take the day off on the 9th, didn't go out as planned in fact i had to stay in after school for trying to skip plus i had to do night shift at work, coincidence? i think not :ph34r: , it's a conspiracy i tells ya :1eye: )

Busyman
12-07-2004, 02:25 PM
Actually it means life is grand.

Having to work every day means life is in the toilet. I'm suprised no one caught that.

Btw Hank taking the day off of work is not really a perk of owning your business. I think most of us grunts having vacation time and onwing your own business usually means MORE work.

Take off for 2 months thennnnnn get back to me.

Skiz
12-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Overated, just like the first one.:dry:

bigdawgfoxx
12-08-2004, 01:59 PM
^^^I feel the same way...there not much fun at all to me...so much basic shit run around with the same guns and shoot people...

yiny46
02-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Dual Needlers Rock...woah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snee
02-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Good game, but a bit silly.

silent h3ro
02-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Halo felt alot more realistic than Halo 2 for me. :blink:

SingaBoiy
02-09-2005, 03:12 AM
^^^I feel the same way...there not much fun at all to me...so much basic shit run around with the same guns and shoot people...
Is that not how all other FPS are?

cpt_azad
02-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Halo felt alot more realistic than Halo 2 for me. :blink:

That's cuz it WAS more realistic and believable, for some reason, Halo2 is well......how do I put this, not very good at realism. :ph34r:

Formula1
02-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Is that not how all other FPS are?

No, Half life 2 had awesome puzzles and story line:P . But i played halo 1 on the pc , and the game just didnt seem unique to me... The story line just looked like something ripped off from Star Trek , and pretty much just a bit too linear...:unsure:

NeoTheOne
02-10-2005, 01:45 AM
i gave this game a 5/5 i think but , but halo 2 did feel lacking of one element or another like it was WAY overhyped and it didnt live up to it imo but yea its still a great game a very good game

cpt_azad
02-10-2005, 09:54 AM
yup halo2 was overhyped and it didnt turn out to be what i (we) expected it to. halo1 is the kinda game ppl can play over and over again w/o getting bored, but i dont think anyone can argue with the fact that halo2's multiplayer is like a blackhole, once you get sucked in there's no coming back :ph34r: