PDA

View Full Version : do you listen to music when you're sleeping?

Keikan
12-08-2004, 07:50 AM
do you listen to music when you're sleeping?

Samurai
12-08-2004, 07:51 AM
don't be silly

Keikan
12-08-2004, 07:55 AM
its a legitamite question

Prodigy Girl
12-08-2004, 08:01 AM
I'm not sure if I listen to music when I'm sleeping or not, but I do allow music to play when I'm resting. ;)

Skiz
12-08-2004, 09:56 AM
If you put music on and fall asleep, does it keep playing? :ohmy:

manker
12-08-2004, 12:33 PM
I always fall asleep with the TV on. The missus doesn't like it but it's gotten the baby used to noise while he is sleeping. A definite good thing.

Usually it's the sports news channel I leave on. I think I learn subliminally.

NikkiD
12-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Nope. I have enough trouble sleeping without having music going too.

Although, funnily enough, I can almost always fall asleep watching television. The likelihood of my falling asleep is directly proportional to how good a show/movie is. For some reason, if it's crap, I can stay awake through the whole thing. If it's something I really want to watch, I'm out midway through. :angry:

testos
12-08-2004, 04:57 PM
i do sleep with music.
everynight i go to bed, i put my modern clock with radio on...put a nice radio-chanel on with nice music ;)
press <<-slumber>> and then just lie and try to fall asleep.

the radio goes off in 1hour so ;)

the best thing about it it's relaxing , i dont put the volume to high...just a tiny bit.. :) try it out guys!

Cheese
12-08-2004, 05:03 PM
No.

I listen to the gentle whirr of my cpu fan and the grating kachunka-kachunka of my failing hdd.

manker
12-08-2004, 05:08 PM
No.

I listen to the gentle whirr of my cpu fan and the grating kachunka-kachunka of my failing hdd.Recently mine has started to tubthump a bit too :(

Cheese
12-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Recently mine has started to tubthump a bit too :(
I've just unplugged mine...I'm going to buy a new one and use that for storing a back-up of all my gep and music (which I don't listen to when I go to sleeep).

manker
12-08-2004, 05:17 PM
I've just unplugged mine...I'm going to buy a new one and use that for storing a back-up of all my gep and music (which I don't listen to when I go to sleeep).I've had a 120g HD sittingo in the box next to my work PC for over a week now. I want it to store all my stuff that I can't be arsed to burn, mostly music. I cant be arsed to reboot and open the case tho'

Why can't a hardware upgrade be like a software upgrade :( http://www.sighost.us/members/danb/bbq.gif

Cheese
12-08-2004, 05:26 PM
I've had a 120g HD sittingo in the box next to my work PC for over a week now. I want it to store all my stuff that I can't be arsed to burn, mostly music. I cant be arsed to reboot and open the case tho'

Why can't a hardware upgrade be like a software upgrade :( http://www.sighost.us/members/danb/bbq.gif My one that's gone down is a 160gb one. I've moved all stuff awaiting to be burned onto it and will only switch it on when I feel like doing said burning. (Switching it on involves turning the computer off and sticking a power cable in).

Next student loan I think I will buy the biggest and quietest HD that money can buy.

But I still won't be listening to music when I sleep.

manker
12-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Hrm your's is bigger than mine.

Btw where is Dan today. Tis eerily quiet without him.

Also I wonder if DanB listens to music when he sleeps :unsure:

Edit: DId you get my subtle mainstream punk reference in my first reply to you. DId it because I thought I'd better stay on topic in a music thread.

Cheese
12-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Hrm your's is bigger than mine.

Btw where is Dan today. Tis eerily quiet without him.

Also I wonder if DanB listens to music when he sleeps :unsure:

Edit: DId you get my subtle mainstream punk reference in my first reply to you. DId it because I thought I'd better stay on topic in a music thread.
I think DanB maybe off visiting someplace. I wouldn't know anything of his sleeping habits.

Unlike myself who I know for a fact sleeps with no music on.

manker
12-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Unbelievably this thread inspired me to install not only the HD but also a DVD burner from the house :shock:

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/4756/snag04812gv.jpg

I may never leave t'office again :shifty:

Cheese
12-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Unbelievably this thread inspired me to install not only the HD but also a DVD burner from the house :shock:

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/4756/snag04812gv.jpg

I may never leave t'office again :shifty: Well done chap.

Where's your partitions?:unsure:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Withcheese/hawt.jpg

manker
12-08-2004, 07:27 PM
I couldn't be arsed with it as I couldn't quite remember how to do it and Rossco - the inconsiderate bastard - wasn't online cause he's gone to school, so couldn't give me a quick fix.

I'm off out to the pub in a sec and I do have partition magic on a CD somewhere so the fact I've just dissed HardwareWorld in the EATB section shouldn't matter too much :01:

I'm not sure if Ross sleeps with music on, I'm guessing not :unsure:

Cheese
12-08-2004, 07:31 PM
I couldn't be arsed with it as I couldn't quite remember how to do it and Rossco - the inconsiderate bastard - wasn't online cause he's gone to school, so couldn't give me a quick fix.

I'm off out to the pub in a sec and I do have partition magic on a CD somewhere so the fact I've just dissed HardwareWorld in the EATB section shouldn't matter too much :01:

I'm not sure if Ross sleeps with music on, I'm guessing not :unsure:
Have fun watching Man Utd's youth team getting beat.;)

The Man Utd youth team sleep with music on...and the lights.

ziggyjuarez
12-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Some of the time i do.Mostly ambient music.But some time i listion to the donnie darko soundtrack cd:ph34r: real creepy for sleeping.Normal music is just too up beat for me at night.Once i make a cd to help me have dreams:wacko: Did not work.

natedogg
12-08-2004, 11:56 PM
yeah, sometimes, but lately the damn fan is making wierd noises

manker
12-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Have fun watching Man Utd's youth team getting beat.The pub wouldn't show that match so I had to watch the scousers instead.

Anyone who says that one man does not constitute a team hasn't seen Stevie Gerrard play for the scum. Good match tho' :D

TheDave
12-09-2004, 11:36 AM
i used to listen to the radio to help me sleep, then one day i couldn't sleep with the radio so i needed silence. now ive given up on sleep, its for the weak

h121589
12-09-2004, 10:59 PM
sometimes i listen to music but i dont fall alseep to listen to music b/c then theres nobody to turn off the radio and i dont wanna wake up in the middle of the night
so i voted WTF?

bujub22
12-12-2004, 04:03 AM
yup sure do :no: dont know y tho! :D

manker
12-13-2004, 01:38 PM
We never found out if Rossco listens to music when he sleeps :crying:

manker
12-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Or DanB :crying:

Cheese
12-13-2004, 02:46 PM
Though we have confirmed that I don't.

Barbarossa
12-13-2004, 02:55 PM
sometimes i listen to music but i dont fall alseep to listen to music b/c then theres nobody to turn off the radio and i dont wanna wake up in the middle of the night
so i voted WTF?

My radio's got sleep function.... turns off after 1 hour... zzzzz :music: