PDA

View Full Version : greatest ever xbox games?

newcombe6
12-08-2004, 12:50 PM
im soon to be buying a pre-modded xbox with my choice of loads of games.can people let me know of the greatest xbox games past and present so i can make up a bit of a list?

so far ive got :

splinter cell 1 and 2, ninga gaiden, kotor, burnout 3, colin mcrae, halo 1 and 2, gta double pack.

can poeple give me there classic picks? i like rpg's, drivin' and shooters mostly but would consider everything

cheers fella's

TheDave
12-08-2004, 05:52 PM
project gotham and halo are the best even though they're the oldest IMO.

voodoo vince is a pretty good platformer too

newcombe6
12-08-2004, 09:33 PM
cheers dave

ive never played project gotham and only played the shitty pc conversion of halo - so looking forward to them and ninja gaiden most of all!

any other good ones to look out for?

ps does anyone know if fifa2005 is any good or not? or pro evo 4?

newcombe6
12-08-2004, 09:34 PM
whats voodoo vince by the way? never heard of that one....

TheDave
12-08-2004, 09:48 PM
it plays and has the same sense of humour as banjo-kazooie, it might be made by rare i cant remember. i just thought it had decent enough levels and its funny :01:

ApacNTS
12-08-2004, 10:46 PM
halo is definately a game to own, halo 2 just improves on game physics, be warned it will leave you wanting more. try unreal championship, it's a short game, but if you like shooter games you'll enjoy it. i've heard fable is good, i might pick that up nextmyself, well if xbox live doesnt come on anyway :)

newcombe6
12-08-2004, 10:57 PM
thats good enough for me. i loved banjo on the n64 and rare dont normally dissapoint (At least they never used to ).

and yep unreal champ definitely on list - used to love that game

strangely im looking forward move to replaying the 1st halo than i am at playing the second one. weird eh......

Monkeee
12-09-2004, 03:53 AM
Knights of the Old Republic!

asmithz
12-09-2004, 06:48 AM
Knights of the Old Republic!

Knights of the Old Republic 2, better but still kinda sucks

Monkeee
12-09-2004, 07:27 AM
Knights of the Old Republic 2, better but still kinda sucks
so the greatest xbox game kinda sucks? :blink:

asmithz
12-09-2004, 08:18 AM
so the greatest xbox game kinda sucks? :blink:

No, i was suggesting 2 over 1. I wasnt saying it was the best.

newcombe6
12-09-2004, 12:22 PM
getting em both (kotor) - really looking forward to em

i thought 1 was pretty damn good - so good to know 2 is a bit better

Entity101
12-09-2004, 12:27 PM
sudeki is a cool rpg

newcombe6
12-09-2004, 12:59 PM
cheers entity101 - fancy that from the gamespot review

cpt_azad
12-10-2004, 02:06 AM
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell 2: Pandora Tomorrow
Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory (ya it's not out i know, so bite me, it looks awesome)
Halo 1 (2 isn't that good, this is coming from a halo fan)
Project Gotham Racing 2
GTA Double Pack
Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic (1)
Rainbow Six 3
Burnout 3
Colin Mcrae Rally 05
NHL 2005
Madden 2005
Men of Valor

krome
12-10-2004, 02:26 AM
i would have posted the same list as, cpt_azad great list of games there.....:)

SingaBoiy
12-10-2004, 02:52 AM
2 isn't that good, this is coming from a halo fan
:blink:

3RA1N1AC
12-10-2004, 05:29 AM
Jet Set Radio Future and OutRun 2. there are no other games quite like these two, really. there may be better games... but i'd say very few are more unique, or more successful at introducing new "ideas" & building an entire game upon them. they're not the kind of games that one could honestly say "oh i've already played something else exactly like this" about.

if you've never played Metal Gear Solid 2, it's also worth getting. MGS 2 and Splinter Cell resemble each other since they're both "stealth" games, but i think MGS 2 is more like a puzzle game dressed up as an action game: each area is like a puzzle that you study from a distance, in order to figure out the guards' & cameras' patterns and get past all of them in one go. MGS 2 is a very old-fashioned game at its core, and intentionally so. the enemies look & sound realistic but they act like they're in a simple videogame, walking back & forth on their routes at a predictable pace, rather than trying to simulate real life. MGS 2 and Splinter Cell are both good, but i think they're two clearly different & worthwhile games.

cpt_azad
12-10-2004, 07:34 AM
:blink:
hey, i only bought it play it for MP/Live. SP was way too short, and it didn't live up to it's expectations (which were were very high), but it's still a kickass game, right up there on my top 10 list, i just didn't include it in this one cuz halo1 was better.

SingaBoiy
12-10-2004, 08:16 AM
hey, i only bought it play it for MP/Live. SP was way too short, and it didn't live up to it's expectations (which were were very high), but it's still a kickass game, right up there on my top 10 list, i just didn't include it in this one cuz halo1 was better.
So wait... why is it better?

Cause it doesnt have xbox live capabilities?
Cause it doesnt have new, huge maps?
Cause it doesnt have all the new features (i.e. dual-wielding)?

Only thing I see wrong with it is it was pretty short and the ending wasnt that great. But you said you got it multi-player anyways.

asmithz
12-10-2004, 08:54 AM

Only thing I see wrong with it is it was pretty short and the ending wasnt that great. But you said you got it multi-player anyways.

Combat evoled had xbox live.
Maps dosent matter if all it is, is kill, kill, kill, run to the end.
Dual wielding wasnt that good, just another gun taking up space.

cpt_azad
12-10-2004, 09:33 AM

Yes, Halo1 doesn't have live (con)
What's the point of huge maps if it isn't as fun as halo1?
dual wielding is good, not great, i like the feature.

IMHO, halo1 is much more replayable than halo2, just because it's so freakin addicting. Halo2 on the other hand isn't AS good on the SP aspect, yes you can play it over again and again, but trust me, after the 2nd go you don't care too much. MP still kicks ass in H2, but FOR SP halo1 is the better candidate out of the 2. That's my point, SP wise, halo1 is better.

twister
12-11-2004, 05:07 PM
halo 2 kicks ass over xbox live

silent h3ro
12-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Halo is definitly the greatest Xbox game that ever came out.